1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

2013 Positional Battle Poll: MD Jennings vs Jerron McMillian

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Jun 24, 2013.

?

(Barring Injury-facors) WHICH guy is our starting safety by playoff time?

1. MD Jennings

18.2%
  2. Jerron McMillian

81.8%
  1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I have seen different people predicting each as our regular starting safety opposite Morgan Burnett.

I believe over at JerseyAl, they had McMillian.
    Someone else I read thought Jennings, who has some extra time in this system.

Who do you think will win this battle?

Here's some stuff on these guys:
    http://lombardiave.com/2013/06/24/g...ron-mcmillian-morgan-burnett-sean-richardson/

2. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,009
    Mcmillan is closer to Collins in terms of speed, size, and tackle ability..but Jennings seems to have better ball skills. I like Mcmillan because he can tackle better and we are going to need that at safety.

3. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,023
    I went with Mac. All else being equal, draft position says a lot. Someone drafted typically has higher upside than an UDFA. I think Doc Jennings had the lead with a year of experience but has about topped out. Mac, with a year in now, should be a much better player.

4. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Knowing that you called this position a huge question mark in the other thread, I wonder what major deficiencies you see with each player?

To Rizzo's question, I'm slightly on the Jennings side but am really just delighted to have two young guys that are neck and neck at this point. Hopefully one takes a big step forward this year but either way we seem to have good depth at the position.

5. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,014
    It's a rare defensive back that can play well in his first year. I suspect McMillian will be the long term answer. Great hitter.

6. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I am really hoping McMillian takes that 1st to 2nd year jump MM always preaches. If this dude didnt have hands of stone he would have snagged as many INTs as Casey Hayward. He flies around the field and another year of experience should have him in the right spots more often than not. If he can get those hands out of the concrete division and even up into plywood status he could anchor down that 2nd safety spot.

7. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,009
    That's easy...inconsistentcy. Each player has flashed at times and each playe has looked lost. Mcmillan had troubles being in position and Jennings failed to deliver the big hit.

8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Only 10 voters so far?
    What are we, Viking fans?

Where is everyone, summer vacation in Europe?
    Or do we need to have "Farve" in the title to create controversy/argument?
    ;)

9. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I voted Mac. Wish he was a little bigger but I think he will eventually be the better player.