2013 Depth Chart

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never too early.

We've appeared to stay pat at QB, safety, center, and TE.

Here's how I predict our starting lineups.
Key backups listed. I'm not going to list all 53 guys who make the roster.

Key changes from season-end last year in bold.

QB: Rodgers, Harrell
RB: Lacy, Franklin, Harris. IR: Alex Green.
TE: Finley, Ryan Taylor
WR: Cobb, Jordy, Jones, Boykin, Ross

LT: Bulaga
LG: Lang
C: EDS
RG: Sitton
RT: Barclay. IR: Sherrod

DL: Datone Jones, Pickett, Raji, Daniels, Jolly. IR: Worthy
OLB: Matthews
ILB: Brad Jones
ILB: Hawk
OLB: Nick Perry PUP: Bishop

CB: Tramon, Shields, Hayward, House
S: Burnett, McMillian, Richardson

I don't think any of the new projects on the OL will make any impact.
I don't think any of these LB's will take starting jobs either but it's much more possible at ILB than it is on the OL.

I really really wish we had drafted a top kicker instead of one of those project WR's we took.
Crosby, time and time again, is THE WEAKEST position on our roster. He sucks and we give him chance after chance after chance... so many that when he finally makes one, we're relieved.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard Worthy is kind of a long shot for the start of the season. Wouldn't they at least put him on the PUP before the IR or am I confused on how that works?

I haven't heard much recently on Bishop or Sherrod's medical status. I was thinking Bishop was supposed to be ready to go? Sherrod.... I'm not sure if he's going to ever play here again don't know how much longer we can really wait to be honest.

Also is this a prediction for an injury in camp for Green?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched McCarthy's press conference after the draft and he said he expects Sherrod to be an important player for the team this season. He had a second surgery after the season and is "a different man" after it. I hope he comes in and lives up to expectations.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
IMO they'll leave Bulaga at RT and open competition for LT up. Sherrod and Newhouse will be the front runners and Bakhtiari and Tretter thrown in for good measure, (though I doubt they get the start).

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I hope Harrell is not our backup QB again, I don't think I can take another season of holding my breath every time the pocket is collapsed around Rodgers.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your work needs a little work, Frank. The BEST thing that came out of the three days of the draft is that an OT was NOT taken in the early rounds. That strongly indicates that Thompson/McCarthy expect Sherrod to be healthy and a good contributor - actions speak louder than words.

O Line: Sherrod LT, Bulaga (the 2011 model) RT, Sitton and Lang G, EDS C. Newhouse, Datko, Barkley backups at Tackle, Bakhtiari, Tretter backups at Guard, Tretter and maybe Lewis backups at Center.

Lacy will be the dominant RB with Harris and Franklin rotating in. Fullback is actually the position nothing was done about. I'd like to see Kuhn replaced by a backup RB, but I doubt that happens.Taylor switching to FB, however, could happen.

I see Stoneburner making the team at TE and Quarles coming back healthy.

I see the two new wideouts, Johnson and Dorsey, along with Ross and Boykin battling for 3 backup spots - a total of 6 WRs making the roster.

On Defense, I see Datone Jones as an every down starter at DE and Boyd as a third piece in rotation with Raji and Pickett.

I see Bishop coming back and re-assuming his ILB spot beside Hawk, with Datone's older brother, Brad (I wish hahaha) as backup along with Francois, who I see as better than B. Jones, but I doubt TT and MM do. We pretty much stood pat there too, although Barrington might contribute.

I see Perry coming back strong and being something vaguely resembling a bookend to Clay Matthews. Palmer and Moses should be the backups at OLB.

You can never have too many quality Corners, but we are getting a regular traffic jam there with Hyde and Smith. Maybe one or the other morphs into a Safety.

H

HardRightEdge

A couple of notes:

I mentioned this in another thread, but MM said "Lang can play center" in his post-draft presser (see packers.com). This puts a whole new ding job on how the 7 roster spots could be filled. There should be some real competition here, not the lip service kind.

Trgovac, in his presser, said Boyd can play NT and didn't think he needed to add weight to do it. This is a guy who weighed in at 310 at the Combine.

Old assumptions are being challenged all over the place. I'm liking it.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The fact you have Barclay starting at RT makes me hate your chart Frank. Not counting UDFA, here's your 53:

QB: Rodgers, Coleman
RB: Lacy, Franklin, Harris, Green
TE: Finley, Mulligan, Taylor
WR: Cobb, Jordy, Jones, Johnson, Ross

LT: Bakhtiari, Newhouse
LG: Lang, Barclay
C: EDS, Tretter
RG: Sitton
RT: Bulaga

DL: Pickett, Raji, Wilson, Neal, Jones, Boyd, Jolly
OLB: Matthews, Palmer
ILB: Bishop, Manning, Lattimore
ILB: Hawk, Jones, Francois
OLB: Perry, Moses

CB: Tramon, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush, Hyde
S: Burnett, McMillian, Jennings, Richardson
K: Crosby
P: Masthay
LS: Goode

Pup: Worthy, Sherrod

(Yes, I do think we'll go 8 deep OL, 6-7 deep DL)

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J Finley. You will see him turn into a top four tightend this year i guarantee it.
Alot of ppl who hate the guy will have to give him his props.

I'm not giving props to a player that only excels in a contract year.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If Finley doesn't ball out next season i'll change my sig to a picture of Skip Bayless..i cannot stand Skip Bayless with a passion.
Page Bookmarked. I'm actually with Rodell in my expectations for Finley, but no way I make that kind of bet over it.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clarify ball out, are you expecting Finley 2012 or Jimmy Graham 2012 numbers?

something along the lines of 60-65 catches, 800 yds, and 10 touchdowns. Those would be great numbers and contract extension worthy numbers. Finley is more than capable of having that type of season.

Members online

Latest posts