2012 NFL Mock Draft

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry, Branch and Mercilus seem to the be faves for Packer mock drafts for #28. One of the raps on Perry is that he's one-dimensional. A good pass rusher but not good against the run. He is a tweener however, and evidently prefers the DE spot, but he's too undersized to play DE in a 3-4 is the general opinion, so if the Packers draft him he'd have to make the transition to OLB.

Perry's does show explosiveness and he could become a premier pass rusher. At the USC Pro Day, Bucky Brooks pretty much felt that he would fit better as a DE in a 4-3 scheme and wasn't very comfortable as an OLB in a 3-4. So my take? He'd be a project for OLB. Mercilus would be the better choice IMO, Branch probably too.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the end of the season/pre-combine.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Let me know what you think!

I think it is entirely too easy to predict the first round; I have seen two other drafts with the exact same predictions. I guess that means you did well if other people agree.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think your pretty well right on. However, I think Kuechley might go sooner that you have him sloted and I don't like Perry going to the Packers too much. But maybe as long as he doesn't have to pass cover anyone he'll be OK.

Unless a can't pass up dude drops to us, I think we should trade down into the mid 2nd rd. and get an extra 3rd or 4th rounder for it. That is where the value is in my opinion(2-4th rounds). Hey, to each his own.

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Mock with Perry going at #28, that doesn't bother me, it only means he will not be pick'd at #28, kind of Mock jinxing it like all the previous years.

Members online

Latest posts