2012 NFL Calender

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Stole this from another Forum. Sure they won't mind.

== 2012 NFL Calendar ==
Feb 4: Hall of Fame Selection Committee meeting
Feb 5: Super Bowl XLVI, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN, 6:30 PM
Feb 20: Teams may designate one Franchise/Transition Player
Feb 22: NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN
Combine Schedule Combine Invitees NFL.com Combine Coverage
Feb 28: Conclusion of NFL Scouting Combine, Indianapolis, IN
Mar 5: Deadline for designating one Franchise/Transition player (16:00 ET)
Mar 13: 2012 League Year starts, this includes:
- Beginning of free-agent signing period (4:00 PM ET)
- Beginning of trade period (4:00 PM ET)
- Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with fewer than three accrued seasons whose contracts have expigreen (4:00 PM ET)
Mar 17:
- Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to retain a right of first refusal/compensation to their Restricted Free Agents whose contracts have expired
- Begin RFA signing period
Mar ??: Annual Owner's meeting
Mar ??: Compensatory Draft Picks announced
Mar ??: Official Draft Order announced
Mid-April through mid-June—The voluntary offseason conditioning and practice sessions have been pushed back on the calendar due to the new CBA. Teams can have a maximum of 10 OTA’s compared to 14 in previous offseasons. A mandatory minicamp will be scheduled sometime in this time frame.
Apr ??: 2012 regular season schedule announced
Apr 21: Deadline for tendered RFA to sign with new clubs
Apr 26: NFL Draft, Round 1, New York City, NY 7:00 PM CDT
Apr 27: NFL Draft, Round 2-3, New York City, NY 5:00 PM CDT
Apr 28: NFL Draft, Round 4-7, New York City, NY 11:00 AM CDT
Jun 1:
- Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned unrestricted free agents to receive exclusive negotiating rights for rest of the season if player is not signed by another club by Jul 22
- Deadline for old clubs to submit a qualifying offer to unsigned exclusive rights free agents of 110 percent of previous year's salary to retain exclusive negotiating rights
- Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned restricted free agents or to extend qualifying offer (110% of previous year's salary) to retain exclusive negotiating rights with exclusive rights free agents
Jun ??: NFL Rookie Symposium
Jun 15: Old clubs may withdraw original qualifying offer to unsigned Restricted Free Agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by submitting tender of 110 percent of previous year's salary
Jul 16: Date franchised players must be signed to contract or extension or may be signed for one year only.
Jul ??: : First Training Camps begin
Jul 22:
- Deadline for unsigned UFA to sign with new clubs, provided they have been tendegreen a qualifying offer by their old club
- Deadline for Transition Players to sign with new clubs
Jul 26: Packers Shareholders Meeting - Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI
Aug 5: Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Canton, OH
Aug 6: Hall of Fame Game, Fawcett Stadium, Canton, OH
Aug 7: Deadline for players under contract to report to their clubs to earn an Accrued Season.
Aug 7: Deadline for teams to trade rights for unsigned drafted Rookies
Aug 28: Roster cutdown to maximum of 80 players
Sep 2: Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players
Sep 3: Teams may establish Practice Squads
Sep 6: Kickoff Game:
Sep 9: GAMEDAY! Week 1
Sep 16: GAMEDAY! Week 2
Sep 23: GAMEDAY! Week 3
Sep 25: Waiver claims ranked by 2011 season standings
Sep 30: GAMEDAY! Week 4
Oct 7: GAMEDAY! Week 5
Oct 14: GAMEDAY! Week 6
Oct 16: (4:00 PM ET)
- Trade Deadline
- Waiver System applicable for all Veteran Players
Oct 21: GAMEDAY! Week 7
Oct 28: International Series - New England Patriots @ St. Louis Rams, Wembley Stadium, London, United Kingdom
Oct 28: GAMEDAY! Week 8
Nov 4: GAMEDAY! Week 9
Nov 11: GAMEDAY! Week 10
Nov 13: (4:00 PM ET)
- signing deadline for UFA who have been tendered a qualifying offer prior to June 1 but remained unsigned by other clubs through July 22
- signing deadline for RFA who have been tendered a qualifying offer prior to June 1
- signing deadline for Transition Players who remained unsigned by another club through July 22
- signing deadline for Franchise Players
Nov 18: GAMEDAY! Week 11
Nov 22: Thanksgiving Day: AFC Team @ Detroit Lions (12:30 PM ET): NFC Team @ Dallas Cowboys (4:15 PM ET); 3rd game to be announced 8:20 PM ET)
Nov 25: GAMEDAY! Week 12
Dec 2: GAMEDAY! Week 13
Dec 9: GAMEDAY! Week 14
Dec ??: College Advisory Committee evaluation request deadline
Dec 16: GAMEDAY! Week 15
Dec 23: GAMEDAY! Week 16
Dec 30: GAMEDAY! Week 17
Dec 31: Signing period for street free agents/futures contracts for 2013 season begins

Jan ??: College Advisory Committee evaluation request final deadline (completion not guaranteed)
Jan 5/6: Wildcard Weekend
Jan 12/13: Divisional Playoffs
Jan 15: Deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft
Jan 18: Deadline for underclassmen to withdraw application for early entry to NFL draft
Jan 19: 88th East-West College All-Star Game, location tbd
Jan 20: NFC Conference Championship Game (3:00 PM ET)
Jan 20: AFC Conference Championship Game (6:30 PM ET)
Jan 26: Senior Bowl, Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, AL
Jan 27: 43rd AFC-NFC Pro Bowl Game, location tbd
Feb 3: Super Bowl XLVII, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why I luv the NFL...24/7/365! Just as I'm going into withdrawals, the combine come along...and then FA...and then the draft...etc, etc! Always another reason to keep my favorite team "front & center" on the latest sports news feed! :)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I would love to open the year with SNF. Packers at Colts. Packers would have a great shot to win of course. And if Luck is the starting QB it would be a hyped up event between the #1 draft pick and the league MVP.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to open the year with SNF. Packers at Colts. Packers would have a great shot to win of course. And if Luck is the starting QB it would be a hyped up event between the #1 draft pick and the league MVP.

ummm...last time i checked its the 2 superbowl winners of the past seasons...not the worst team in the NFL vs the previous super bowl winner before that.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
ummm...last time i checked its the 2 superbowl winners of the past seasons...not the worst team in the NFL vs the previous super bowl winner before that.
ummm....last time I checked I said SNF. Not the Thursday opener. And last time I checked it's not the previous two SB winners who usually open up for the Thursday game. It just happened to work out last year with the Saints/Packers.

No big deal. They won't give the Colts prime time SNF anyway. And I really hope they don't throw the Packers vs. the Giants if the Giants win the SB. The Packers would likely lose. The SB winner usually wins the opener.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ummm....last time I checked I said SNF. Not the Thursday opener. And last time I checked it's not the previous two SB winners who usually open up for the Thursday game. It just happened to work out last year with the Saints/Packers.

SNF? ****! :eek: OOPS.

Members online

Latest posts