2012 Draft - Round 4, Pick 37, Overall 132 - Mike Daniels, DT, Iowa

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like he is more of a pass rusher and less run stuffer which kind of surprises me.
I thought we would grab a backup NT here, but reviewing his profile he has great work
habits and athletic ability to penetrate the opponent's backfield, but is undersized.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SCOUTING REPORT:
From CBS Draft:
Strengths: A coordinated athlete with a lightning quick first step and natural explosion … routinely the first defensive lineman off the ball. Built low to the ground and is most effective when he keeps his pad level low and battles. Has active hands to slip blocks and a high motor to never give up on the play … plays hard and hungry on every snap. Agile and nimble footwork with smooth body control … very light on his feet. Fights through the whistle and is always chirping and going at full-go … love his effort and determination. Extremely tough, battling through an ankle sprain most of 2011. A leader and hard worker off the field, adding over 50-pounds since enrolling
as a 230-pound freshman. Consistently productive over his career (27 tackles for loss and 15.5 sacks). Weaknesses: Undersized and lacks elite bulk and girth for an interior defensive lineman … doesn’t have NFL measureables or length. Lacks a stout anchor and can be redirected off the snap with underwhelming base strength. Tends to play too upright at times and needs to be more consistent with his leverage to maximize his potential. Has short arms and has room to improve his pass rush technique. Struggles to disengage with inconsistent hand use and power … too often gets lost in a crowd. Needs to wrap and finish, too often settling to just hit the ballcarrier. Battled a leg injury for most of the past season so his medical will be important. Will be scheme-specific at the next level because of his lack of size and strength – won’t be a fit for everyone. NFL Comparison: Drake Nevis — Dane Brugler

COMMENTARY:
Wow has the Packers defensive line just gotten crowded. We were just discussing on CheeseheadRadio last evening how crowded it was going to be and how many players would have to be cut, and now the Packers add another Dl to the mix. The handwriting is officially on the wall for Jarius Wynn and CJ, Wilson. Sorry, guys…

From: http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2012/04/28/packers-2012-nfl-draft-fourth-round-pick-mike-daniels-dt-iowa/

jeg53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being an Iowa fan watching Daniels I'am very happy Pack got him. He is a passrush animal when healthy,and he is now healthy.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this one a lot: Daniels is built like a tank and I like the idea of him getting reps from the DE spot in our 3-4.

Adding so many quality guys to our rotation up front is really going to help us pressure the QB.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Whoa, Ted! Foot off of the pedal! Enough DL newbs for this year! Change gears. Need some competition at RB and another prospect on OL.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Daniels looks good. Should be a good rotational lineman. Those guys get tired. Say good bye to CJ Wilson and Jarius Wynn.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy's pass rush has surpised me even in the limited playing time of his rookie year. He is undersized but I could see this guy having a Cullen Jenkins like impact within the next 3 years.

Members online

Latest posts