2011 RB I have my eye on

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched this guy the last couple years and he is nasty, in my opinion a perfect compliment to a Ryan Grant or Marshawn Lynch type of runner, check out the stats & check out the site

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Quizz Rodgers*, RB, Oregon State
Height: 5-7. Weight: 191.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2011): 2-3.

3/29/10: Can Quizz Rodgers handle the load at just 191 pounds? Look at these numbers, and you tell me: 273 carries, 1,440 yards. 78 catches, 522 rec. yards, 22 touchdowns. Insanity sauce.

8/6/09: Quizz Rodgers is only 193 pounds, but considering his small height, he has the same bulk as a 6-0, 205-pound runner. Rodgers rushed for 1,253 yards and 11 scores as a freshman. He also chipped in with 29 receptions.

WalterFootball.com: 2011 NFL Draft: Running Back Rankings

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You know who we need to draft in 2011, Casey Matthews!!! He is a tad smaller than his big brother though.
How cool would it be to have the two Matthews Brothers Linebacking for the pack? If he is anything like his Brother, Dad, Grandfather, and Uncle, he'll be a beast. Yeah, I know, it's a pipe dream, but imagine two Matthews at Linebacker. QB's would mysteriously come down with illnesses the day before they played the Pack.

TT, draft Casey Matthews! DO IT

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have one for ya.
Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia
Height: 5-8. Weight: 175.
Projected 40 Time: 4.31.
Projected Round (2011): 2-3.
11/7/09: Someone will draft Noel Devine in Rounds 2-3 if he runs a fast 40. He's averaging 6.2 YPC and 8.2 yards per reception this year. He'll be seen as a Darren Sproles-type player.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the beginning of the video is Clay Matthews making a tackle on him

MY GUY QUIZ ROGERS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyNjOLEDDfM&feature=related]YouTube - Jacquizz Rodgers: Heisman Trophy Candidate[/ame]

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3feN9TldX0c&feature=related]YouTube - Trailer #2 - Quizz for Heisman: James Believes[/ame]

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things to look for in a RB in the draft:

1) Ball protection. If he fumbles a lot, forget it.
2) Pass blocking. Can he? If not, disconsider him.
3) Style of run. He needs to be a one-cut runner. Probably will stay away from spread offenses, where RBs don't line up on an I formation, and certinly from gimmicky offenses like LSU...
4) Hands. TT will probably focus on a guy that can catch the ball.

Of course, if a guy like Mark Ingram falls to us, that kind of talent overshadows the pre-requisites. But it's rare for it to happen. None of the RBs available to us in the last 3 drafts fit any of those molds, except for Ray Rice. TT failed on that. I'm not unhappy with Jordy, though...

If you look at past 3 drafts, except for Rice, and maybe Forte, there wasn't any RB that we missed...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know who we need to draft in 2011, Casey Matthews!!! He is a tad smaller than his big brother though.
How cool would it be to have the two Matthews Brothers Linebacking for the pack? If he is anything like his Brother, Dad, Grandfather, and Uncle, he'll be a beast. Yeah, I know, it's a pipe dream, but imagine two Matthews at Linebacker. QB's would mysteriously come down with illnesses the day before they played the Pack.

TT, draft Casey Matthews! DO IT

Well..........in reference to what armand34 said........it would also kick *** to hear a sports comentator say.......Rodgers hands off to Rodgers...he's at the 20.....the 30.........he ...could ....go...all the ...Waaaaaay! :happy0005:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Next year Grant will be back. Do we really need a top end RB at that point? I guess for depth it would be nice. Isn't Lynch a free agent at the end of this year, or is it 2 years?

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I would be super happy with noel Devine, I think that's the thing this offense is missing. I think having a back like a reggie bush or Darren Sproles could help us immensely. And this is the type of back Noel Devine is compared too. But Rodgers is very similar to Devine so either way. But come on, his last name is Devine, he's gotta be good right? haha, I mean Divine has a simlar meaning to best, and look how Best is doing. Haha.

Members online

Latest posts