2011 NFL Sunday Ticket info!

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Sunday Ticket member last year it's time for auto renewal. If you call like I did and ask about their new promo "Free Sunday Tkt with Choice Ultimate or higher" they will offer you 5$ then 10$ then 20$ off of NFLST per month. Good luck! thats a 120$ savings! Still not free but not full price either!

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
I called last year to cancel because I just didn't want to pay what it cost anymore and I knew almost all the Packers games would be on that year down in Iowa. They kept offering me a cheaper and cheaper price to do it for another year. They almost had me. So it's really worth calling to save some money.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have some tricks for you guys. And I have a love-HATE relationship with DirecTV!
They and the NFL are criminally scrooowing us.

#1- If you are out of contract but have DirecTV, call to cancel your DirecTV service and tell them you are switching to Dish Network because DirecTV is ripping you off. Act like you could be talked out of it, but you're tired of overpaying.... they will get you to a Retention Team agent.
They have the power to give away the Sunday Ticket now free, per their deal with the NFL. They give it free now to new customers, so they should treat you and your loyalty the same!

#2- If you have a friend or family member who orders the Sunday Ticket, you can swap a receiver with them, and when you hook up their receiver in your house, that TV will get their packages/channels. It works, but it's got it's flaw because I get a lot of other channels that my buddy here doesn't, so I would miss the Tennis Channel if I swapped.

I miss the olden days when I had contacts that could doctor/program the access cards to be able to get EVERY single channel, pay-per-view included. Was that stealing?
I guess so. But so are their rates! And so is our Government!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so if I have to go to someones house and they have dtv but no sunday ticket all I have to do is bring my reciever right?

OP
OP
G0PackG0

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I didn't want to cancel Directv's ads are just so misleading. They say now that all packages Choice Ultimate or above now INCLUDES(not free) NFL Sunday Ticket. So next year I will cancel and become a "new" customer for it free next year.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I miss the olden days when I had contacts that could doctor/program the access cards to be able to get EVERY single channel, pay-per-view included. Was that stealing?
I guess so. But so are their rates! And so is our Government!

And you could buy the magic black boxes from addresses in magazine ads.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My buddy just told me today that he got his Sunday Ticket price, last night, cut down from $330 or something, down to $107 by threatening to go to Time Warner.
That's fair, $100 for a year, I consider that a fair value.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I didn't want to cancel Directv's ads are just so misleading. They say now that all packages Choice Ultimate or above now INCLUDES(not free) NFL Sunday Ticket. So next year I will cancel and become a "new" customer for it free next year.

You would still not be considered a new customer...

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I am in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and there is no option for any of this. I am at the mercy of Florida's Fox, NBC, CBS, and ESPN channels.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts