1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2011 NFL Draft: Round 4, Pick 34, Overall 131 - Davon House, CB, New Mexico State

Discussion in '2011 Draft Archive' started by Wood Chipper, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,406
    Davon House, CB, New Mexico State

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSHMcN2tzM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSHMcN2tzM[/ame]
    Strengths:
    • Ideal height and bulk with long arms
    • Athletic with adequate timed speed
    • Pretty good hands and ball skills
    • Willing tackler and will support the run
    • Tough, aggressive and very physical
    • Gets a good jam at the line of scrimmage
    • Competitive with a short memory
    • Durable and has a lot of experience

Weaknesses:
    • Lacks fluid hips and doesn't transition well.
    • Questionable instincts and awareness
    • Struggles to run downfield with speedy wideouts
    • Allows separation and lacks a burst to recover
    • Did not always face elite competition

Notes:
    Was a four-year starter for the Aggies --- Named 1st Team All-WAC in 2009 and 2010 --- Brother, Tyreace, plays pro baseball in the Oakland Athletics minor league system --- Returned three interceptions for touchdowns during college career --- Became just the fifth player in program history to be invited to the Senior Bowl --- Hampered by an ankle injury as a senior but played through it --- Best fit at next level may come in a zone scheme where he can face the action --- A battle-tested cover guy with the type of triangle numbers pro scouts look for.

Career Statistics
    Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS
    2007 13 37 8 4 171
    2008 11 40 6 2 42
    2009 13 68 13 3 58
    2010 12 57 10 2 48
    Totals 49 202 37 11 319

Davon House, New Mexico St., NFL Draft - DraftCountdown.com

2. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +258
    Sam Acho, Brandon Burton, Davon House, Clint Boling, or maybe Christian Ballard

3. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    Acho if available. We get him, my draft is complete...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Giggs Legend

Giggs Legend Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be delighted if we go in for Davon House. I'm guessing we will have to trade up to get him in the 4th though. As long as we get one solid player at either DE / CB / OLB today, I will be very happy with this years draft. Can't expect to fill all three holes this late in the draft. DE or OLB is probably the more likely pick but I really like Davon "take it to the" House :)

5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I don't know why the hell Youtube embedding isn't working anymore, but click the link for highlights.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,406
    site is under maint. or somethin

7. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    Oooo I really like this kid, 6'1'' good hands, good tackling, good speed, a possible starter in 1-2 years.

8. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    What a steal! 4th rounder with 2nd round talent? I'll take it. He doesn't have to play right away and will come in as 3rd corner occasionally to keep the rotation fresh.

9. 21dmvp21

21dmvp21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    seems like a good pick, kind of alarmed me when mayock said he has problems with keeping his eyes out of the backfield, said he may get burned. but i think we have the right players at that position (woodson, williams, even sheilds) to coach this kid up and teach him how to be a pro. i also trust out coaching staff.

10. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +50
    Packers' draftee House ready and willing to make an impact

Source: JSOline.com

11. NFLroughdraft

NFLroughdraft Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    House was one of the best picks in the entire draft (not just for the Packers). He's a big physical corner and I was shocked that he fell to the 4th round.

12. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I wonder why he fell also, but I'm not concerned about it. If Ted like him I think we stole him. He could not have fallen to a better opportunity for him. Sit and learn behind the great Woodson? Lucky player.
    You have to figure other teams considered him "developmental" and it's hard to pick one of those 2nd or 3rd round UNLESS you are the world champions.
    Nice!

13. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    You know those are some serious weaknesses listed in the first post, especially the hips and instinct. Hopefully we taught him well enough. Love the idea that we might have found a Woodson replacement, but so far I have yet to see enough to spark my interest

14. yallniggascheesewiz

yallniggascheesewiz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    His movement wasn't smooth due to his ankle injury. Green Bay coaching staff says he plays well in practice, good work habits, and takes care of himself. He had an unfortunate injury last year, but he is primed for a comeback with a year under his belt. I hope to see him jostle Shields for the nickel position this year.