2011 NFL Draft: Round 2, Pick 32, Overall 64 - Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More about Cobb:
Which NFL teams hit big on draft weekend? - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN
The Packers' second-round pick. There are two questions I ask every GM, head coach and scout I talk to leading up to the draft. One is, who are the biggest turds or con artists among this draft class? Conversely, I also ask, who are the absolute greatest kids in this crop?

The answer for the latter was astounding as 100 percent of those I talked to all agreed on one common name: Kentucky wide receiver Randall Cobb. Every single one of them. It was amazing.

“He’s like having another coach out there,” one head coach said. “Honestly, what a great kid! He’s not the best receiver in the draft by any means, but he’s the best kid we came across. Just an exceptional person. We view him like a Brad Smith (Jets WR) where you can do some wildcat with him, play him in the slot. He can do a lot for you but maybe the best thing is to have him in your locker room.”

Reaction score
Absolutely love this pick! About time Packers get a legit return guy. Would think this pick means its adios to James Jones.

Huge upside. Possibly the Packers version on Percy Harvin?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm not one to like flashy picks, but I gotta admit, this one intrigues the hell out of me. I absolutely cannot wait to see this guy play. For those who think he's only gotta return kicks, watch out for the last half of the season, they'll work him in.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more i think about this pick the more I like it. As always tt knows best. If he could turn out to be our Wes well then good luck stopping this o. We don't really meed him much as a vertical threat especially with Finley coming back but boy if he can be our Wes for the short game, watch out!

G

Giggs Legend

Classy interview with Mr. Cobb. He should be a great fit in our locker room.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45xH3mqMLCc[/YOUTUBE]

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Just a quick point about speed and so on. He's a former QB and understand how important it is to run routes correctly. He's fairly fast, he's obviously elusive after the catch. If you have speed doesnt' mean you have body control and elusive moves. Other guys have "quicks" but do you have speed AND moves and knowledge? Combine them all and I'm pretty excited about this pack.
I think the Packers Darren Perry emphasized this after the picking of Morgan. He pointed out that if you knew where supposed to play and be it made you quicker "football quick" I think he said.
I think this is what you can expect from Cobb, knows his job, knows the routes and knows how to move to get open and move YAC. I'm pretty darned excited now.
It makes sense, that hesitation can cost you position on the defender or vice versa. Love the pick.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Tweener TT strikes gold and green again. I had hoped for Smith, but we can get another deep threat to stretch the field. Love this guys lateral movement. He's off to a great start, but needs to tighten his carry.

Members online

Latest posts