2011 Draft

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe not..........but unless he wants to continue using TJ Lang on defense.........he might want to rethink his philosophy!
DL the beggining of the year:
Jenkins
Pickett
Raji
Neal - IR
Wilson
Wynn
Harrell - IR
Jolly - Suspended

We have the personel, they just need to be ******* healthy!!!!!
I don't consider it nitpicking as much as I consider it being accurate.

Ware did NOT meet the required 10 yard time but we do use another measure for initial burst and acceleration: The 20yd shuttle.

And in this measure, Ware recorded a 4.07 which is an elite time no matter what position you play. The target for this position would be 4.10, a time that neither Graham nor Hughes met although Hughes was close with 4.15.

It's more of a "pick your preference" when using measureables. I prefer the 10 time, but the shuttle is just as relevant.
Fair enough.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DL the beggining of the year:
Jenkins
Pickett
Raji
Neal - IR
Wilson
Wynn
Harrell - IR
Jolly - Suspended

We have the personel, they just need to be ******* healthy!!!!!

Fair enough.

I know. Before all the injuries it seemed like we had a defined direction to go in next years draft. Now......it's like we need just about every position except receiver and QB. (SHhhhh) I guess that is why TT picks the best guy available no matter the position.

Hopefully Jolly is staying in shape, but I think Harrell is going to be gone for sure.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best player available at one of the following positions:

OT
OG
RB
WR
OLB
ILB

These are all positions where we could plug in a good player to start immediately (assuming the IR guys come back healthy)
Unless, AJ Green miraculously falls to us, (and I mean miraculously. This would be like if Peyton Manning would have fell to round 2 miraculously) I hope we don't take a receiver in rd 1

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Alshon Jeffery please.

Big physical guy who literally catches anything thrown even remotely in his direction.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URALpIXSZaY]YouTube - Alshon's one-handed catch against Kentucky[/ame]

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB- no
RB - no
TE- no
WR- no
G- maybe
C- no
T- yes

Dline- maybe
LB- YES
S - no
CB - YES

Kicker - YES
Punter- wouldnt hurt

What do you guys think we will do with Jolly? could reeeeaally use him this season

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is too early to name specific players since GB can draft any where from #13 to #32. I'll just list the positions of need which must be addressed:

1) OLB
2) OG
3) RB
4) OT
5) C
6) CB

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB- no
RB - no
TE- no
WR- no
G- maybe
C- no
T- yes

What do you guys think we will do with Jolly? could reeeeaally use him this season

No on a center? Scott Wells was getting routinely blown up by the Williams on Sunday night. On the goal line score by Jackson, Sitton had to help Wells double Pat Williams.

RB is HUGE need. Ryan Grant is coming back from an ankle injury. Brandon Jackson has proven to be marginal. A real game breaker would make the offseason scarey.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
marginal LOL

OK..Again with the hate

He is doing very well, MM just dont stick to the run

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm with JenningsLongCatch.

I think we need a change-of-pace back to keep defenses on their toes. Grant and Jackson are nice, I love their consistency, but they don't scare you. If we could have a backfield of Grant (consistency) and, say, LaMichael James (home run hitter), I think it would be a great thing for this offense.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Malcolm Floyd

/Nd fan
//He's damn injury prone. So he'd fit in nicely.

Aren't you tired of us drafting injury prone players????? I don't care who they are. If they kick *** 4 games a year and are out for 12.........they aren't doing us any good.

I know everyone gets injured to some extent in the NFL but past history means alot. I say we only look at players with no significant injuries in the last year of playing NCAA football. Obviously some guy will have a minor hammy or a broken finger or whatever. Knee problems, shoulder problems and back problems are all a red flag. I think Brandon Jackson is doing a good job and just needs more carries but with Grant going out this year with a tore up knee, we need to add RB to our list in this years draft. Preferably in the 1st 3 rounds!!!! When was the last time we drafted a RB in the 1st round??? I think TT is afraid to draft RB's in the 1st round and doesn't even consider punters in any round.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aren't you tired of us drafting injury prone players????? I don't care who they are. If they kick *** 4 games a year and are out for 12.........they aren't doing us any good.

I know everyone gets injured to some extent in the NFL but past history means alot. I say we only look at players with no significant injuries in the last year of playing NCAA football. Obviously some guy will have a minor hammy or a broken finger or whatever. Knee problems, shoulder problems and back problems are all a red flag. I think Brandon Jackson is doing a good job and just needs more carries but with Grant going out this year with a tore up knee, we need to add RB to our list in this years draft. Preferably in the 1st 3 rounds!!!! When was the last time we drafted a RB in the 1st round??? I think TT is afraid to draft RB's in the 1st round and doesn't even consider punters in any round.
Yes I am. That's why I said he'd fit in nicely with the other injury players... It was a joke.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
marginal LOL

OK..Again with the hate

He is doing very well, MM just dont stick to the run

You're posts are such a joke. You can't really believe Jackson is a starting caliber running back. He has done NOTHING to prove he's capable of handling a full workload and be successful.

Did you ever think MM doesn't stick to the run for a reason?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with JenningsLongCatch.

I think we need a change-of-pace back to keep defenses on their toes. Grant and Jackson are nice, I love their consistency, but they don't scare you. If we could have a backfield of Grant (consistency) and, say, LaMichael James (home run hitter), I think it would be a great thing for this offense.

Thank you!

Grant is proven consistent. A speed guy who could be electric and hit that long run would benefit the Packers immensely.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're posts are such a joke. You can't really believe Jackson is a starting caliber running back. He has done NOTHING to prove he's capable of handling a full workload and be successful.

Did you ever think MM doesn't stick to the run for a reason?

Because our line doesn't open any lanes to run through and we have Rodgers and some good receivers. Its a bit obvious that if we have problems protecting Rodgers at times, that they can't usually block that well. I think we can run the ball if we use formations to spread the Defense out.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because our line doesn't open any lanes to run through and we have Rodgers and some good receivers. Its a bit obvious that if we have problems protecting Rodgers at times, that they can't usually block that well. I think we can run the ball if we use formations to spread the Defense out.

That's a real stretch as to explaining why MM runs the ball 15 times a game. Ryan Grant seemed to find the holes that no longer exist.

You would think MM would want a RB to establish a rythm.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a real stretch as to explaining why MM runs the ball 15 times a game. Ryan Grant seemed to find the holes that no longer exist.

You would think MM would want a RB to establish a rythm.
Brandon Jackson is the 3rd down back.
MM is scared **** that if he outuses him, then he'll have noone.

That's why they are mixing Kunh.

As soon as the guy they are grooming to be the 3rd down back, Dimitri Nance, fully learns the playbook, you'll see Jackson carrying the load.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson is the 3rd down back.
MM is scared **** that if he outuses him, then he'll have noone.

That's why they are mixing Kunh.

As soon as the guy they are grooming to be the 3rd down back, Dimitri Nance, fully learns the playbook, you'll see Jackson carrying the load.

It is now Week 8 and the schedule only gets harder. Packers have to play NY Jets, New England, Atlanta, NY Giants, at Minnesota and at Detroit. It might be time to take off the kid gloves.

Time for MM to unleash the GREAT DMETRI NANCE! :russian_roulette:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aren't you the guy that wants to bring in the washed up Shawn Merriman?

What does that have to do with wanting to draft a running back to pair with Ryan Grant since Brandon Jackons is average and Dmetri Nance can't get on the field if he offered to paint the lines on it?

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do need a running back for sure. During the past draft I was kind of hoping we picked up LaGarrett Blount. I know he is not exactly the kind of RB that fits our system perfectly but when I watched some highlights this past week I saw the guy hurdle a would be tackler and make some good yardage. Just because he is like 245 lbs does not mean he is slow either.

Anyhow.....OLB in the first or second round to help Matthews out is what I am looking for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts