1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

2011 Draft

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by Mack_20, Oct 25, 2010.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    DL the beggining of the year:
    Jenkins
    Pickett
    Raji
    Neal - IR
    Wilson
    Wynn
    Harrell - IR
    Jolly - Suspended

We have the personel, they just need to be goddamn healthy!!!!!
    Fair enough.

2. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    I know. Before all the injuries it seemed like we had a defined direction to go in next years draft. Now......it's like we need just about every position except receiver and QB. (SHhhhh) I guess that is why TT picks the best guy available no matter the position.

Hopefully Jolly is staying in shape, but I think Harrell is going to be gone for sure.

3. Packerfury

Packerfury Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Unless, AJ Green miraculously falls to us, (and I mean miraculously. This would be like if Peyton Manning would have fell to round 2 miraculously) I hope we don't take a receiver in rd 1

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I wouldn't mind Malcolm Floyd

/Nd fan
    //He's damn injury prone. So he'd fit in nicely.

5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Alshon Jeffery please.

Big physical guy who literally catches anything thrown even remotely in his direction.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URALpIXSZaY]YouTube - Alshon's one-handed catch against Kentucky[/ame]

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    QB- no
    RB - no
    TE- no
    WR- no
    G- maybe
    C- no
    T- yes

Dline- maybe
    LB- YES
    S - no
    CB - YES

Kicker - YES
    Punter- wouldnt hurt

What do you guys think we will do with Jolly? could reeeeaally use him this season

7. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    It is too early to name specific players since GB can draft any where from #13 to #32. I'll just list the positions of need which must be addressed:

1) OLB
    2) OG
    3) RB
    4) OT
    5) C
    6) CB

8. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    No on a center? Scott Wells was getting routinely blown up by the Williams on Sunday night. On the goal line score by Jackson, Sitton had to help Wells double Pat Williams.

RB is HUGE need. Ryan Grant is coming back from an ankle injury. Brandon Jackson has proven to be marginal. A real game breaker would make the offseason scarey.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    marginal LOL

OK..Again with the hate

He is doing very well, MM just dont stick to the run

10. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I'm with JenningsLongCatch.

I think we need a change-of-pace back to keep defenses on their toes. Grant and Jackson are nice, I love their consistency, but they don't scare you. If we could have a backfield of Grant (consistency) and, say, LaMichael James (home run hitter), I think it would be a great thing for this offense.

11. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Aren't you tired of us drafting injury prone players????? I don't care who they are. If they kick a$$ 4 games a year and are out for 12.........they aren't doing us any good.

I know everyone gets injured to some extent in the NFL but past history means alot. I say we only look at players with no significant injuries in the last year of playing NCAA football. Obviously some guy will have a minor hammy or a broken finger or whatever. Knee problems, shoulder problems and back problems are all a red flag. I think Brandon Jackson is doing a good job and just needs more carries but with Grant going out this year with a tore up knee, we need to add RB to our list in this years draft. Preferably in the 1st 3 rounds!!!! When was the last time we drafted a RB in the 1st round??? I think TT is afraid to draft RB's in the 1st round and doesn't even consider punters in any round.

12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Yes I am. That's why I said he'd fit in nicely with the other injury players... It was a joke.

13. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    You're posts are such a joke. You can't really believe Jackson is a starting caliber running back. He has done NOTHING to prove he's capable of handling a full workload and be successful.

Did you ever think MM doesn't stick to the run for a reason?

14. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    My bad. lol. Sometimes its hard to tell when you read something kind of quickly.

15. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    Thank you!

Grant is proven consistent. A speed guy who could be electric and hit that long run would benefit the Packers immensely.

16. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Because our line doesn't open any lanes to run through and we have Rodgers and some good receivers. Its a bit obvious that if we have problems protecting Rodgers at times, that they can't usually block that well. I think we can run the ball if we use formations to spread the Defense out.

17. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    That's a real stretch as to explaining why MM runs the ball 15 times a game. Ryan Grant seemed to find the holes that no longer exist.

You would think MM would want a RB to establish a rythm.

18. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Brandon Jackson is the 3rd down back.
    MM is scared **** that if he outuses him, then he'll have noone.

That's why they are mixing Kunh.

As soon as the guy they are grooming to be the 3rd down back, Dimitri Nance, fully learns the playbook, you'll see Jackson carrying the load.

19. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    It is now Week 8 and the schedule only gets harder. Packers have to play NY Jets, New England, Atlanta, NY Giants, at Minnesota and at Detroit. It might be time to take off the kid gloves.

Time for MM to unleash the GREAT DMETRI NANCE! :russian_roulette:

20. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    go pack

21. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    What does that have to do with wanting to draft a running back to pair with Ryan Grant since Brandon Jackons is average and Dmetri Nance can't get on the field if he offered to paint the lines on it?

22. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Last time I checked this current conversation about a RB, please talk about drafting a RB not about Shawn Merriman who is now a Bill and is not a Rookie by any stretch

23. FiercePierce6

FiercePierce6 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Adrian Claiborne!!!!!!!!!!

24. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Reviewing our WR play this year, I'm thinking it would be a good idea to grab a WR mid-draft..

25. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    We do need a running back for sure. During the past draft I was kind of hoping we picked up LaGarrett Blount. I know he is not exactly the kind of RB that fits our system perfectly but when I watched some highlights this past week I saw the guy hurdle a would be tackler and make some good yardage. Just because he is like 245 lbs does not mean he is slow either.

Anyhow.....OLB in the first or second round to help Matthews out is what I am looking for.