2010 Opponents (i know it's early)

GBFANATIC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers
Home: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins

Away: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots, New York Jets

I'm already looking forward to next season even though the league hasn't made it past the divisional playoff rounds yet. We also haven't seen any transactions that will take place with trades, free agents, and the draft. I do know that next year we need to come out hot and continue the momentum (as hard as it may be) all season in order for us to bring home field advantage back to LAMBEAU!! What are your thoughts on the opponents we will face and strength of schedule (as of right now)..... We have 6 games verse playoff teams (2 vs. Minn, Dallas, Philly, New England, and NY Jets(Woodson and Reevis on the same field!)) which I'm already very anxious to see. Hopefully we can sweep the Bears and Lions once again and knock out pushover teams like Washington, and Buffalo. We have a tough set of average teams with NY Giants having a tough year but they are still an experienced team and the 49ers improved under Mike Singletary. Atlanta and Miami are also teams that can put points on the board but are so hit and miss when it comes to consistency.... I feel so confident (barring no injuries) with our team next year because our defense is coming together in the 3-4 and our offense was putting massive amounts of points on the board in the final weeks. If we can get some big wins over the playoff teams we should climb high on the Power Rankings chart and more importantly the NFC standings.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBFanatic you're so right! Our schedule is going to be a lot tougher next season but it's very possible that with an improved team we can start the playoffs at home. I thought it would also be fun to share some of my predictions for next season:

Bears 1-1 (Look for the bears to actually get a receiver nxt season, we'll lose one game)
Lions 2-0
Viqueens 2-0 (only if Favre retires for good, they still don't have a QB)
Atlanta - Win
Cowboys - Lose
Giants - Win
Eagles - Lose
Redskins - Win
Patriots - Win
Bills - Win
Dolphins - Win
Jets - Win
49ers - Win

Overall Record - 13-3

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm especially looking forward to the game against the Jets. I see Rex Ryan is a slobber-mouth like his dad and dissed Charles Woodson. It's almost a year away, but a nice beat down would be payback.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My random thoughts on this:
As much as I can't stand Farv, if (And it's a big IF) he quits Minny, then it would be too bad to not have one more shot at him.
And if Michael ***** is still with Philly Cheese, then I hope that we rip him a new one. I wish we could get one more shot at the Cruds during the reg. season.

Other than that, after seeing what the Pack did this year, I am very hopeful.

monkeyracer43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should run the table at home this year. The Favre's and Cowboys would be the two toughest games, but the Pack will protect the home turf. Road teams are going to be harder. I predict we're only a .500 road team.

12-4 next year. That should put us in line for the Division crown, maybe a first-round bye. More steady improvement from the year before.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm especially looking forward to the game against the Jets. I see Rex Ryan is a slobber-mouth like his dad and dissed Charles Woodson. It's almost a year away, but a nice beat down would be payback.

Yea i cant wait to beat the **** out of the Jets...I literally hate that team, Mark Sanchez is an immature terrible quarterback that shuld have stayed in college. And with our run d thomas jones is gonna eat the turf and prolly not gain over 60 yards. And reevis is gonna get torched by the most underated WR in the league: ya boy G Jenn. Then Rexy boy is gonna tear up and cry and go eat a hoagie.

Season overall i say we go 13-3 lose a couple on the road to philly and maybe dallas and maybe one at home but truthfully i think we got the strength to go undefeated at home.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we do not address the O-line with veteran talent, can't see the Pack doing any better than 9-7 next year. This year we had an easy schedule, next year is by far much tougher. The bears and lions will not be push overs like they were this year and I do not see teams like the Browns, Rams, and Tampa.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is sweet living here in new england i get to see possibly three packers games next season... jets, patriots, and eagles! hell freaking ya!:happy0005:

The PowerOfCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we do not address the O-line with veteran talent, can't see the Pack doing any better than 9-7 next year. This year we had an easy schedule, next year is by far much tougher. The bears and lions will not be push overs like they were this year and I do not see teams like the Browns, Rams, and Tampa.

damn. pessimistic. But, unfortunately, I think you're right. Tougher schedule means that next season will be, well, tougher. I feel comfortable saying that we won't improve but we won't get worse either, assuming the O-line doesn't change. 11-5
:chisux:

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So who wants to take a road trip to NY (NJ) to see the Pack with me? I will wear my Woodson jersey loud and proud!

Bears 2-0
Lions 2-0
Viqueens 2-0
Atlanta - Win
Cowboys - Win
Giants - Win
Eagles - Win
Redskins - Win
Patriots - Win
Bills - Win
Dolphins - Win
Jets - Win
49ers - Win

16-0

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man that is a tough schedule we have to fight our way through..I think we could end up with the same record +/- 1 or 2 wins

Looking forward to that Jets game so Sir Charles can pick sanchez off 3 times!! The Eagles game should be a good one also..

Now don't get me wrong, I love that we're playing the cowgirls at home again, but how come we're not playing over in dallas?? That would be the one Packers game I'd actually have a shot at attending :sigh:

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who wants to take a road trip to NY (NJ) to see the Pack with me? I will wear my Woodson jersey loud and proud!

Bears 2-0
Lions 2-0
Viqueens 2-0
Atlanta - Win
Cowboys - Win
Giants - Win
Eagles - Win
Redskins - Win
Patriots - Win
Bills - Win
Dolphins - Win
Jets - Win
49ers - Win

16-0

Im in northern virginia so pending on the date I might be able to truck on up there with you and ill be rockin my Matthews jersey

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless TT gets some quality FA, this team is not going to finish better than this year. Now that also depends if the teams they face don't take a step back either. They are not going to be able to draft their way out of this.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBFanatic you're so right! Our schedule is going to be a lot tougher next season but it's very possible that with an improved team we can start the playoffs at home. I thought it would also be fun to share some of my predictions for next season:

Bears 1-1 (Look for the bears to actually get a receiver nxt season, we'll lose one game)
Lions 2-0
Viqueens 2-0 (only if Favre retires for good, they still don't have a QB)
Atlanta - Win
Cowboys - Lose
Giants - Win
Eagles - Lose
Redskins - Win
Patriots - Win
Bills - Win
Dolphins - Win
Jets - Win
49ers - Win

Overall Record - 13-3

That's too brutal a schedule to pull of 13-3. Based on TT/MM's performance coming off winning seasons, I'd feel more inclined to guess around 10-6 - unless TT finally addresses the O-line, legitimately.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are not going to be able to draft their way out of this.

Yeah, right - try to tell the Silver Freak that. He's gonna say to his cronies, "Look at the progress we made in the latter half of the season in terms of not giving up many sacks."

TT's cronies - "Yeah, but the line gave up 5 against the Cards, and Clifton and Tauscher are old as dirt?!?!?"

TT (with his fingers plugging his ears) - "What's that you say?" "I can't seem to be able to hear what you are saying?!?!"

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We go 11-5 again if and only if we trade for a solid left tackle for the O-line. If not

we are going to be lucky to finish 9-7 and could repeat at 7-9 if I had to bet my life savings on it.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We go 11-5 again if and only if we trade for a solid left tackle for the O-line. If not

we are going to be lucky to finish 9-7 and could repeat at 7-9 if I had to bet my life savings on it.

I also think the guard(s) need to be evaluated. Sure, the tackles are obvious because of impending attrition, but the guards aren't exactly world-beaters by any stretch.

By the looks of the NFL today, the days of dominant O-lines appear to be over, but I cannot figure out why. Is there a more important determinant of the outcome of a game than an O-line that can consistently pass-block and bludgeon defensive lines into submission in the run game? Anybody remember the Dallas Cowboys of the early to mid 1990's? When they decided to run the ball, NOBODY stopped them. They battered opposing defenses and broke their wills. You just knew that on any given Sunday (especially playoffs), nobody could stop them.

I'd love to get into that type of mentality because running the ball like that eats up huge amounts of time and opens up everything else to the point of it being like taking candy from a baby in moving the ball on an opposing defense. I kinda don't want Green Bay to run the ball "just enough". When you do that, you will always open yourself up to an opposing defense devising a successful game plan to stop you.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see a bit more black-and-blue division style play too. The whole league seems to be a passer league except a few teams. . .I think it's awesome the Jets and Ravens are successful thus far because they are a smash it in your face hard nosed football team who will rush for 200 yards and maybe pass for under 100 yards and still win.

I wish we had a lot stronger rushing attack so we could really break the defense down on any given day.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think the guard(s) need to be evaluated. Sure, the tackles are obvious because of impending attrition, but the guards aren't exactly world-beaters by any stretch.

By the looks of the NFL today, the days of dominant O-lines appear to be over, but I cannot figure out why. Is there a more important determinant of the outcome of a game than an O-line that can consistently pass-block and bludgeon defensive lines into submission in the run game? Anybody remember the Dallas Cowboys of the early to mid 1990's? When they decided to run the ball, NOBODY stopped them. They battered opposing defenses and broke their wills. You just knew that on any given Sunday (especially playoffs), nobody could stop them.

I'd love to get into that type of mentality because running the ball like that eats up huge amounts of time and opens up everything else to the point of it being like taking candy from a baby in moving the ball on an opposing defense. I kinda don't want Green Bay to run the ball "just enough". When you do that, you will always open yourself up to an opposing defense devising a successful game plan to stop you.

I agree, but we can not start the season averaging 5-7 sacks a game. But teams with a good O-line and running game does make a difference, just look at what NY did to the Packers on our own field in the NFC Championship game a few years back.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, but we can not start the season averaging 5-7 sacks a game. But teams with a good O-line and running game does make a difference, just look at what NY did to the Packers on our own field in the NFC Championship game a few years back.

Agree, but one of my thoughts was that running the ball more and more effectively means Rodgers drops back less often, which helps in and of itself, not to mention probably being more successful because the defense fears your running game.

But, I've been on these boards harping about this since early 2005, but my advice and warnings and rants have gone unheeded. Not to mention TT couldn't give two ***** less about the O-line. You just know he's gonna try to plug the holes with Adrian Klemm/Duke Preston-types, or he's gonna hope another 3rd or 4th round pick will do the job. I guess, this is really what I don't get - TT's complete disregard for the O-line. It's almost to the level that he's intentionally disregarding it to prove his point, which is that you don't need to invest much money in the O-line to have a successful offense.

Imagine Green Bay signed Steve Hutchinson instead of Minnesota. Nobody can tell me - without laughing hysterically - that things would NOT have been radically different on offense, and Green Bay most certainly would have won the NFCCG against the Giants because Hutch would have most definitely helped the running game rush for more than 27 measly yards.

I'm not saying there is a Hutch available this FA period, but it is mistakes like these - when Green Bay has been on the edge of greatness for the last 10 years - that will haunt me until my dying day, or the next Super Bowl appearance.
:angry2:

Members online

Latest posts