2010 Draft - Round 7, Pick 23, Overall Pick 230: C.J. Wilson

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Packers picked C.J. Wilson for their seventh pick in the draft. DISCUSS!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

C.J. Wilson (DE)
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 290 lbs.
Arm Length: 33 1/8 in.
Hand Size: 10 in.
College: East Carolina
Conference: Conference USA

Pick Analysis:
A solid prospect, with good size and strength, Wilson will likely play the 5-technique in the Packers' 3-4 defensive scheme. He has a chance to contribute in a few years as a powerful end with pass rushing potential.

Overview:
Wilson has been a durable active defender for the Pirates over the past two seasons. He has good edge quickness and speed to close to the quarterback as a pass rusher. He is an instinctive player who feels pad pressure well to maintain his gap responsibility. Questions remain about his ability to be an effective coverage defender on zone blitzes or if he can project to outside linebacker due to his lack of great lateral agility and quickness. Wilson should be able to give a team good depth with his natural strength, toughness and intangibles as a 4-3 defensive end.

Strengths:
Wilson is a productive, versatile defender who has lined up at different spots along the line. He is an instinctive player who has shown good edge quickness and speed when rushing the passer. Possesses natural range in pursuit. Displays impressive hand-use toughness. Is highly competitive with a good motor.

Weaknesses:
Wilson only exhibits average lateral agility and doesn't appear comfortable playing in space. Needs to become more consistent with his pad level. At this time, he only possesses a limited pass-rush package. Needs to improve his counter rush moves.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
OH YEAH I GOT MY GUY, well i got 4 of my guys that i predicted the packers should take. But this guy is a monster, i saw him go as high as 2nd round in some mocks. This guy will end up being a packer in the next couple years.

bluewaterpirate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good afternoon from Greenville NC ...... thought I'd stop by to congratulate the Packers and fans on drafting CJ WIlson. You got a superb football player and super human being. He is a class act both on and off the field. He'll give you 110 % on every play .... CJ is one of those players that will put you butt where your head is and then extend a hand to help you up. I can't say enough good things about him .... he got his degree in December and stayed in Greenville to workout and help others. He is from a small eastern NC town and the son of a preacher. He plays a mean keyboard and can sing with the best of them.

I'll post some video when I get up to the required msg count

bluewaterpirate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CJ Wilson .... game video

Here's some video of CJ ..... he's # 95. Just for info you'll see Lenville Joseph # 97 in some of these videos he was drafted by the Giants in rd 2.

ECU vs VT 07

Pirate Football 2007 - Bluewaterpirates Albums

ECU vs Boise State 07

Hawaii Bowl - Bluewaterpirates Albums

ECU vs WV 08

ECU Beats WV - Bluewaterpirates Albums

ECU vs Tulsa cj video about 2/3 thru the video

C-USA Champions - Bluewaterpirates Albums

ECU vs Southern Miss .... he can run too

http://bluewaterpirate.phanfare.com/4087398_4896880#imageID=87589842

ECU vs Houston

Pirate Football 2009 - Bluewaterpirates Albums

You really drafted a great young man!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Thought for sure someone else would open this after they realized I was gone. Guess not. Oops.

Anywho, if you still feel like discussing, here is as good as anywhere else.

EDIT: Went ahead and moved all the post-pick discussion into here. I'll be locking the bio threads of all the players we drafted, so if you need to talk about someone use the Sticky threads.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I think he's gonna suprise packer fans, This guy could be starting in Week 1. I like him better than the 2nd round guy.

supermancc0386

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was calling for this guy from about round 4 on... Great to see we got him, and hard to believe in the 7th. Always happy to have some more depth on that DL. Hard to find those guys. Should be well prepared for the future.

Members online

Latest posts