2009 SCHEDULE

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
PRESEASON
Saturday, Aug. 15 ... Cleveland Browns (Gold pkg.) ... 7 p.m. (state)
Sat., Aug. 22 ... Buffalo Bills ... 7 p.m. (state)
Fri., Aug. 28 ... @ Arizona Cardinals ... 9 p.m. (state)
Thurs., Sept. 3 ... @ Tennessee Titans ... 7 p.m. (state)

REGULAR SEASON
Sunday, Sept. 13 ... Chicago Bears, 7:20 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Sept. 20 ... Cincinnati Bengals (Gold pkg.) ... Noon (CBS)
Sunday, Sept. 27 ... @ St. Louis Rams ... Noon (Fox)
Monday, Oct. 5 ... @ Minnesota Vikings, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Oct. 11 BYE
Sunday, Oct. 18 ... Detroit Lions ... Noon (Fox)
Sunday, Oct. 25 ... @ Cleveland Browns ... Noon (Fox)
Sunday, Nov. 1 ... Minnesota Vikings ... Noon (Fox)
Sunday, Nov. 8 ... @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers ... Noon (Fox)
Sunday, Nov. 15 ... Dallas Cowboys (Gold pkg.) ... 3:15 p.m. (Fox)
Sunday, Nov. 22 ... San Francisco 49ers ... Noon (Fox)
Thursday, Nov. 26 ... @ Detroit Lions (Thanksgiving) ... 11:30 a.m. (Fox)
Monday, Dec. 7 ... Baltimore Ravens ... 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Dec. 13 ... @ Chicago Bears ... Noon* (Fox)
Sunday, Dec. 20 ... @ Pittsburgh Steelers ... Noon* (Fox)
Sunday, Dec. 27 ... Seattle Seahawks ... Noon* (Fox)
Sunday, Jan. 3 ... @ Arizona Cardinals ... 3:15 p.m.* (Fox)

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I've got 9-7. Losses to: Minni, Tampa, Dallas, Baltimore, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Arizona.

I could be swayed on the Arizona game. The rest I feel fairly confident about.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jess said:
I've got 9-7. Losses to: Minni, Tampa, Dallas, Baltimore, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Arizona.

I could be swayed on the Arizona game. The rest I feel fairly confident about.
You're being quite pessimist. I try to see things differently...

Dallas at home, win. Their team isn't exactly a "team". Getting rid of Owens, even though he was the major problem, doesn't solve the lack of command and the primadona attitudes from the whole roster. And it makes life a lot easier not having to cover him all the time.

Tampa, new coach, no qb, no derrick brooks, old Barber, win.

Baltimore, though, but i'm optimistic. Their passing game isn't good, and they lost a key defensive playmaker, and their best man is old, don't know if he'll be so dominant this year.

MN and CHI I think we can win one road game from them. Or could be both. If we get a good start, we could win at MN. At CHI is thougher, unless the D is adjusted by then.

Arizona, I don't think their D and Running game will be as good as it was on the playoffs. But their passing game is explosive, maybe too explosive for our lack of pass rush and for our aging corners.

Pittsburgh, at Pittsburgh, I don't see us winning, unless our D AND our OL step up...

Things could change by september, STL could be goood, so could be Cleveland...
I could see us going 12-4. It could be 9-7, if things don't go well, but if they go better than expected, it could be 14-2, 15-1...It's a really easy schedulle, ON PAPER...

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We must get off to a fast start to get to the postseason I guess. We end up on the road most of December. That also gets the frozen tundra factor out of play, if it ever would have been a factor.

Da-Holder4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im lookin at a 11-5 season... losses to pitt, Baltimore, 1 to Chicago, and 1 to Minnesotta... i think we could end up winning all the division games this year though, it all depends on AP, and JC

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
After a day to digest the new sched, I'm changing Tampa to a win in my prediction. Too much turnover there between coaches and a new QB. I smells a rebuilding year for the Bucs. So, 10-6 I guess. Maybe 11-5 if Arizona comes back down to earth.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
REGULAR SEASON
Sunday, Sept. 13 ... Chicago Bears, 7:20 p.m. (NBC) W
Sunday, Sept. 20 ... Cincinnati Bengals (Gold pkg.) ... Noon (CBS) W
Sunday, Sept. 27 ... @ St. Louis Rams ... Noon (Fox) L
Monday, Oct. 5 ... @ Minnesota Vikings, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN) W

First part 3-1 (I have a feeling St Louis will be tough this yaer.)

Sunday, Oct. 11 BYE

Sunday, Oct. 18 ... Detroit Lions ... Noon (Fox) W
Sunday, Oct. 25 ... @ Cleveland Browns ... Noon (Fox) W
Sunday, Nov. 1 ... Minnesota Vikings ... Noon (Fox) W
Sunday, Nov. 8 ... @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers ... Noon (Fox) W

4-0 (Could be losing to the vikes here if they get their two tackles back inside, hard to say.)

Sunday, Nov. 15 ... Dallas Cowboys (Gold pkg.) ... 3:15 p.m. (Fox) W
Sunday, Nov. 22 ... San Francisco 49ers ... Noon (Fox) W
Thursday, Nov. 26 ... @ Detroit Lions (Thanksgiving) ... 11:30 a.m. (Fox) W
Monday, Dec. 7 ... Baltimore Ravens ... 7:30 p.m. (ESPN) L

3-1 (I'm nervous about the San Francisco Game, but no way the lions beat us, or that we beat the ravens)

Sunday, Dec. 13 ... @ Chicago Bears ... Noon* (Fox) L
Sunday, Dec. 20 ... @ Pittsburgh Steelers ... Noon* (Fox) L
Sunday, Dec. 27 ... Seattle Seahawks ... Noon* (Fox) W
Sunday, Jan. 3 ... @ Arizona Cardinals ... 3:15 p.m.* (Fox) W

2-2 (Could be 0-4 to or 3-1, 1-3 Seahawks and cards are difficult to gauge come december.)

12-4

Should win the Division

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I wouldn't say there's no way the Lions beat us. They should've beaten us last year in the game at Ford. If Kitna doesn't get interception-itis they probably win that game. Not to mention that they always play us tough on thanksgiving. Would I bet on the Lions to win that game? No. But do I think it's possible? Yes.

And why do people think we can beat Dallas? I'm curious, because I look at that matchup on paper and see that they have a better offense than we have, and a defense that's just as good as ours.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas is going to regress again. That eagles loss will have them in trouble all season i think. Romo has what..... 2 receivers to throw to plus witten? They lost some defenders, and they don't have a lot of draft picks to restock.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Veretax said:
Dallas is going to regress again. That eagles loss will have them in trouble all season i think. Romo has what..... 2 receivers to throw to plus witten? They lost some defenders, and they don't have a lot of draft picks to restock.
Makes sense. I don't know what it is in my DNA, but I constantly overestimate Dallas. At the beginning of last year I was of the opinion that they could go something like 15-1, blow out every NFC team by 20 in the playoffs, and then win the Super Bowl. I thought they were that loaded. Of course we all know how that turned out. Lol.

I think i'm still adjusting to them not being the powerhouse they were in the mid 90's when I was growing up. :lol:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will win against DAL, but thinking about it I find it a thougher game than x Baltimore. Their corners aren't that good. They lost the most promising Center in the NFL. Their best receiver is 35. Ray Lewis, even though he played well last year, wasn't very fast, and is clearly in the downfall of his carrer. They lost Bart Scott, and though I agree he's overrated, he's still a great loss. AND MOST OF ALL, THEY LOST THE BEST DC IN THE LEAGUE. The only positive thing Baltimore could agregate is that they have draft picks and their QB is more mature, but that doesn't compensate all the losses. I would say, even though it's at their stadium, it's a W.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, if it was in Dallas, then I'd say there is a higher probability of us losing, cause we SUCK there against them :/ Even under the Name we struggled at Dallas.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will win against DAL, but thinking about it I find it a thougher game than x Baltimore. Their corners aren't that good. They lost the most promising Center in the NFL. Their best receiver is 35. Ray Lewis, even though he played well last year, wasn't very fast, and is clearly in the downfall of his carrer. They lost Bart Scott, and though I agree he's overrated, he's still a great loss. AND MOST OF ALL, THEY LOST THE BEST DC IN THE LEAGUE. The only positive thing Baltimore could agregate is that they have draft picks and their QB is more mature, but that doesn't compensate all the losses. I would say, even though it's at their stadium, it's a W.

We play against them at Lambeau.

I could see us going at least 10-6 this season. It all depende on how our D transitions to the 3-4. If we nail it, it won't be JC or AP who could stop us in this division.

Oh, and of course, a nice playcall by MM...'cause he sucked last season.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing... as a long time ( 1957) season ticket holder i am not happy that the front office dipsticks have given the gold package Dallas again this year.

stuffin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows what THE PACKERS record will be??

Not me.

Just way too many variables this year to comtemplate/predict such a thing....

Maybe after 8 or 9 games one could foretell such a thing, but the last part of the schedule looks overwhelming.... now, before a game is even played....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I too hate trying to guess at the record NOW...

Wait till preseason is an easier gauge

barro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schedule looks light early. With the exception of the Viking it looks like 5 winable games and if you can split with Minn 6-1 is a nice start.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to say it doesn't look bad until the second half where it picks up, but then again on paper like said before last season did not look like a disaster.

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, I agee, I am not sure if preseason is the best gauge. However, I can start making predictions come Monday next week! Draft time baby!

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, there's nobody too good coming out of this draft.

Mind you, time has told that the stars always come out of the nobody drafts, and vice versa.

(Look at Reggie Bush, for example)

I find our schedule a bit odd, but hey, can't complain, right?

I think we'll improve from last year. We did worse than we should've, but that puts us in a better draft position.

To comment on the above; as far as I've noticed the pre-season does not reflect on the season outcome at all. I'd say it's better to lose in the pre-season to get the team in the right set of mind.

Chicago Bears are on the downfall, and Minnesota's going to stay in it's place.
So depending on how much we improve and how vastly the Bears decline; I can see us sitting around 2nd in our division, but not Wild card.

Sorry guys, but I'm predicting another season without playoffs.

Turn of the decade, we'll become major contenders again.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Chicago Bears are on the downfall
I realize that any team could backslide in any given year, but I don't think Chicago did anything to make themselves worse this year. At the very least they'll stay where they were. I'd argue they made themselves quite a bit better by adding Cutler.

I'll grant you and everyone that the Packers had some bad breaks last year and if the D learns how to play late in close games they could easily win 11 games, but I think Chicago will be right there as well at the end of the year. I see a very close 3 team race for division supremacy coming our way this year.

Also, I don't really know what this smiley is, so i'm using it: :toivo:

:p

Members online

Latest posts