1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

2009 Draft - Round 4, Pick 9, Overall Pick 109 - T.J. Lang

Discussion in '2009 Draft Archive' started by robdog, Apr 18, 2009.

1. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +306
    Packers picked T.J. Lang for their third pick in the draft. DISCUSS!

[​IMG]

T.J. Lang (OT)
    Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 316
    College: Eastern Michigan
    Conference: Mid-American
    Hometown: Ferndale, MI
    High School: Birmingham Brother Rice

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHDvj-TrEvo[/ame]

2. ctrev21

ctrev21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know much about him. Looks like he's got size. Hopefully Clifton can be a good mentor.

3. FrozenTundra1979

FrozenTundra1979 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like that he started on the defensive side of the ball, isn't afraid to get out and lay a lick on someone in the run game. Not an immediate starter of course, but think he'll bring in good competition and has had a history of playing both sides, so with injuries he will be a good filler if needed this year.

4. robdog

Ratings:
    +306
    Yeah he will definitely bring some good competition during the offseason. Maybe light a fire under a few people and get them to step up this year and own a few people.

(one can hope!)

5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    This is one of those picks where I just defer to TT and trust him with it. He's good with the small school picks. Greg Jennings, Western Michigan, enough said. Lol.

6. favrefan4

favrefan4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This guy really does have the power to get our running game in shape. Stand 'em up Twanger!!

7. robdog

Ratings:
    +306
    I just hope Grant makes some major improvements over the offseason to get our running game "in shape". He seemed to have a major drop last year. Hell, I had him on my fantasy team and I sat him for most of the season...

8. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    This could be a huge bust or a great pick. It seems that lineman from the MAC are pretty decent so hopefully TJ isn't the exception. Looked great on film in the draft workouts. Seems to have excellent footwork which is key.

9. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    You know, I didn like this guy. AT. ALL. Then I started reading this forum and a few people changed my mind. He's on his way to a good career as a guard. He's like Colledge only hopefully less fat (read: lazy)