2007 Schedule is Tough!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Home Games: Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Washington, Carolina, Oakland, San Diego

Away Games: Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, St. Louis, Denver, Kansas City

I dont know about yall, but the only easy wins I see are against Oakland, Minnesota and Detroit.....Every other game is gonna be a dog fight if we dont get some serious help ALA Randy Moss and Jeremy Shockey!!!!! I still like our chances, but we are gonna be playing some pretty elite teams this year. I guess I can look on the bright side and say that at least we play Carolina, Philly, and San Diego at home!

10. Things that worry me in 07' - "in no particular order":

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Tony Romo & TO
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Donovan or Jeff makes no difference
6. Lack of oxygen at Mile High along with stingy "d"
7. Da Bears
8. A healthy Clinton Portis, Betts, and a talented young recieving core.
9. Steve Smith
10. Brandon Jocobs finally getting to be a feature back.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Home Games: Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Washington, Carolina, Oakland, San Diego

Away Games: Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, St. Louis, Denver, Kansas City

I dont know about yall, but the only easy wins I see are against Oakland, Minnesota and Detroit.....Every other game is gonna be a dog fight if we dont get some serious help ALA Randy Moss and Jeremy Shockey!!!!! I still like our chances, but we are gonna be playing some pretty elite teams this year. I guess I can look on the bright side and say that at least we play Carolina, Philly, and San Diego at home!

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Tony Romo & TO
4. Stephen Jackson
7. Da Bears
9. Steve Smith

Why live in fear? The Packers were 5-1 in their division. Will the bears be better or worse? It is easier to be worse.

The NFC East? Washington has reduced draft picks and little cap room.
Dallas will be changing coaches and greater interference of Jerry Jones.
Philthydelphia might be frustrating.
NY Giants 8-8 with more troubles than the Packers.

Carolina lacks cap room and younger players.
The Packers should have beaten the Rams this year.

San Diego will find it difficult to improve anymore.
Raiders at Lambeau featuring Rashad Lee in the backfield
Denver?? the Forty-niners beat them at home.
KC BBQ do you forget how a terrible Colts run defense controlled Larry Johnson rushing?

I am not fearful but look forward to the competition. Bring it on.

Reaction score

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Tony Romo & TO
4. Stephen Jackson
7. Da Bears
9. Steve Smith

1. Yes that may very well be a big worry for the Packers, but if the Chargers loose their backup Turner, LT might not be as fresh as he was kept last season.

2. LJ may have some problems with the Cheifs... he is only making $850,000 this year, and with a player of his caliber it is only a matter of time before he threatens a holdout or has some internal problems with the team that leads to him suffering in production. Also as Cali mentioned, LJ can be stopped as demonstrated by the Colts; you really need is a fast safety with the ability to play up in the line of scrimmage and hopefully Manuel, if not Collins, can fit that bill.

3. Romo may very well degress in learning a new system, or the stats he generated last year might be a one-time thing. TO is a cancer, give him enough time and he'll cause chaos that will effect his play and the teams. We all know something else will happen in the TO saga, and as someone wrote: If TO can't stop being a distraction or play for Parcells, then he can't do it for any other coach. Tough words, but given Parcells reputation, it may well be the truth.

4. Agree with what CaliCheez said.

5. McNabb was injured, and reports have it that he has lost the confidence of his players and the management of being the QB that can win them a SB... Garcia will hit the open market where the Vikes are sure to push for him, and he will earn starter type money. Rumours were that the "vets" group that Reid favours all thought Garcia to be a better choice than McNabb. Also, the Eagles may well be without Stallworth, who is a FA.

6. The lack of oxygen is only a factor is a player has had to do something like get a big gain (like a 30+ yard play), otherwise the pace can be kept relatively slow and substitutions always play a role. There are also plenty of oxygen tanks for the players. No biggie, other teams don't seem too bothered by it.

7. We beat the Bears at the end of the season, didn't we?

8. The QB situation for the Skins isn't that great, the young QB needs more experience to present a real daunting challenge and the WR crops isn't that young; they struggled last year outside of Moss. I read an article which stated the Skins might want to unload Portis because of his high contract.

9. I feel at ease with Woodson and Harris covering Smith.

10. Jacobs is far from a lock to start; there were reports that players didn't want the HC back, but he is back and that may internally create problems.

All in all, to be a good/great team you are going to have to face challenges like the ones above. Every NFL team does, so it's not a matter of Packers having it tougher, the young players will all have one more year of experience, there will be new players to give the talent level a shot in the arm, and most importantly the coaches will have had a year from which to learn their mistakes and find out what methods of coaching the guys respond to best. Finally, the guys on the D will have had their 2nd year in a D scheme after what feels like forever, and the players on O will be more fluent and knowledgeable about the O scheme MM uses.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its ok ... after the free agency and the draft ... the players that you mentioned ... are going to fear the packers ... and ... i really think with a strong draft and a good pickup in free agency this team could really do some things next year

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Last year it was thought the Packers had an easy schedule. 6 of those teams were in the playoffs this year were as the Bears only played 3 playoff teams.
** check the numbers **

Sometimes ya just don't know.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFC North and NFC East are horrid divisions. 10 of our games are within these two divisions. We coud go 7-3 in those ten games. Then we play the AFC West, that'll be hard. The Cheifs, Chargers, and Broncos are good. The Raiders suck, so that is a win. Hopefully we can go 2-2 in those games. Then we have Carolina, and St. Louis. Again 1-1. This makes our record 10-6, that's a playoff team.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have to think positive here, IMO I think we can make a go of it and end up in the playoffs. Now if only TT can get some free agency guys to help Brett out. And especially now that we know Brett will be back, maybe now some of these guys will play on the Packers, last year they didnt know if Brett was coming back...

We have the money to pick up Moss and Shockey..lets go and get them..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
we have to think positive here, IMO I think we can make a go of it and end up in the playoffs. Now if only TT can get some free agency guys to help Brett out. And especially now that we know Brett will be back, maybe now some of these guys will play on the Packers, last year they didnt know if Brett was coming back...

We have the money to pick up Moss and Shockey..lets go and get them..

Moss and Shockey are not free agents where the Pack can just go and get them..

But Shockey has something in his contracxt where he might be able to leave.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think it's that tough. I think Washington is okay. I think Oakland is very bad. Dallas will be tough but losing Parcells can't really help them improve. I think the Rams is a winnable game.

Overall I think we can go 5-1 in the division and beat teams like Redskins, Panthers, Raiders, Rams, and Giants as well. That's 10 wins.

Then again it's wayyyy to early to be talking predictions but I don't think it's an overly tough schedule. It's manageable.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Tony Romo & TO
4. Stephen Jackson
7. Da Bears
9. Steve Smith

On the surface it looks like another 8-8 season for the Packers in 2007.

It's in TT's hands. His personnel moves can make or break the Packers in 2007. This is where we see what TT is made of.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the schedule is that bad. The AFC West has been the best division in football the past two years, but the NFC East is overrated. It looks like about an average schedule to me, though you can never tell until the games are actually played. The way the NFL works nowadays, it's more about whether the team you're playing any given week is on a hot streak or a cold streak. And those streaks can begin or end at any time, so the schedule is pretty much a crap shoot.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
refpacker said:

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Tony Romo & TO
4. Stephen Jackson
7. Da Bears
9. Steve Smith

It's in TT's hands. His personnel moves can make or break the Packers in 2007. This is where we see what TT is made of.

I agree... :thumbsup:

I believe everyone committed to the fact that TT's 3rd year as GM is his "judgement year"....

Well...it's time to see what he is made of is right!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
refpacker said:

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Tony Romo & TO
4. Stephen Jackson
7. Da Bears
9. Steve Smith

I believe everyone committed to the fact that TT's 3rd year as GM is his "judgement year"....

I think if we regress then certainly Thompson should be placed on the hot seat. Only way I feel a losing record is acceptable is if we go through a slew of injuries to key players. Sometimes that can’t be helped. Other than that then Green Bay needs to show some more progress.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
refpacker said:

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Tony Romo & TO
4. Stephen Jackson
7. Da Bears
9. Steve Smith

Jeez, can you two let even a single thread go by without trying to turn it into an anti-Thompson thread? I'm not sold on the guy by any means, but this gets so monotonous. Like most fans, I am expecting continued improvement from the Packers this season, but to call it "judgement year" is a bit too much.

It is possible that the team could flounder in 2007 and Thompson could deservedly be out on his rear end. It is also possible that the team could make a serious run for a championship and Thompson could be hailed as a genius. But it's far more likely that the result will be something in between those two extremes.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the bears may not be as good as they are this year next year.

ron revira may not be their d cord next season.

my prediction for next season 11-5 and 6-0 in the division.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
P@ck66 said:
refpacker said:

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Tony Romo & TO
4. Stephen Jackson
7. Da Bears
9. Steve Smith

Jeez, can you two let even a single thread go by without trying to turn it into an anti-Thompson thread? I'm not sold on the guy by any means, but this gets so monotonous. Like most fans, I am expecting continued improvement from the Packers this season, but to call it "judgement year" is a bit too much.

It is possible that the team could flounder in 2007 and Thompson could deservedly be out on his rear end. It is also possible that the team could make a serious run for a championship and Thompson could be hailed as a genius. But it's far more likely that the result will be something in between those two extremes.

Man...Greg..

You are so sensitive and "defensive" towards TT...How in the world can you say that it's being "anti-TT" to say that this is the year that he's supposed to prove himself as a GM..?? If we can't judge TT now, then when can we? Can we ever..? Is there ever going to be a time to evaluate him, or does he get a free pass forever...?

How can you justify saying in another thread that others are "devaluing Ahman Green to make excuses for Favre to make him look better than he is", as not anti-Favre but you think is an anti-TT thread? I don't understand the reasoning here...

Please enlighten me...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
You are so sensitive and "defensive" towards TT...How in the world can you say that it's being "anti-TT" to say that this is the year that he's supposed to prove himself as a GM..?? If we can't judge TT now, then when can we? Can we ever..? Is there ever going to be a time to evaluate him, or does he get a free pass forever...?

How can you justify saying in another thread that others are "devaluing Ahman Green to make excuses for Favre to make him look better than he is", as not anti-Favre but you think is an anti-TT thread? I don't understand the reasoning here...

Please enlighten me...

This is the year.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Please enlighten me...

This is the year.

lol

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
P@ck66 said:

Please enlighten me...

This is the year.

lol
[marq=right]lol[/marq]

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Czar says:

The Packers need Favre as much as No. 4 still needs the NFL. He still loves to play, plus he can collect an $11 million salary and probably break all of Dan Marino’s passing records. It’s virtually a certainty, too, that Favre will also become the game’s all-time game winner. He needs two wins to surpass Denver’s John Elway, who won 148 games.

Favre said he’s returning for his 17th NFL season at age 37 because he likes the look of Green Bay’s young defense, plus he has confidence in the three rookie offensive linemen who had considerable playing time last season. He also thinks the Packers are close because they finished 8-8 (same record as the playoff Giants) and beat Chicago in the season finale in Soldier Field.

But Favre and the Packers shouldn’t make a big deal about him throwing for 285 yards and a touchdown against the Bears. Chicago was sleep-walking through that game, thinking of the playoffs. Plus, Rex Grossman admitted he didn’t study or prepare very well because he was thinking of partying on New Year’s Eve.

The key is will Packers GM Ted Thompson go out and purchase some playmakers to give Favre a chance to go out with a playoff berth? Right now, the Packers aren’t going to supplant the Bears in the NFC North. They aren’t good enough.

Thompson prefers to build a team through the draft. He believes it while forgetting that Ron Wolf, his predecessor, turned the Packers around with the biggest free-agent signing of the era — Hall of Famer Reggie White — and trading for Favre. He also traded for running back Ahman Green among others. In today’s NFL, the system allows teams to improve quickly if they choose well and spend wisely in free-agency.

Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, has been mentioning his newest client Randy Moss, who played erratically with Oakland last season, as a potential receiver for Favre.

Now, does anyone actually believe Raiders owner Al Davis would trade Moss to Green Bay? Davis certainly isn’t going to help out the Packers and Favre. But, let’s be honest, Thompson wouldn’t be interested anyway.

Link with comments:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/NFL_Czar/2007/02/03/Favre_back_for_more

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit will be the only NFC North team to improve its record next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts