2007 QB (hypotheical)

Brett Retires at end of 06,07 season what do you do?

• Draft another QB and hope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Simms is out there.

• Arrange a trade for Matt Schabb

• Ahh Screw it hand over the keys to Rogers anyway

• Total voters

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like the one thing we all agree on is Christine Simms isn't an option. We've let Aaron watch and learn this long I say it's only fair to give him a shot. If you want to bring in a new draft pick I'd want to start Aaron anyway and let the new kid sit a year. After that you can make a change if needed

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one's easy. You hand the keys to the heir apparent, and you sign somebody like Warner (who'll be looking for a job) to back him up. Then you spend a 4th or 5th rounder on a project (something Wolf did every year).

I'm not impressed with Quinn, he seems like a system QB to me. And it's almost impossible to keep two first-round QBs on the same roster these days.

I do know one thing though: whover replaces Favre as the starter will have the hardest job in the history of the NFL. There is simply no chance he can ever measure up - those shoes are just too big to fill.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're not impressed with Quinn because:

A) He has a stronger arm than Rodgers

B) He is faster and more elusive than Rodgers

C) He is being coached better right now for the pro game than Rodgers is

D) He is smarter than Rodgers (will graduate in 3 1/2 years)

E) You are a Notre Dame hater

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:

A) He has a stronger arm than Rodgers

B) He is faster and more elusive than Rodgers

C) He is being coached better right now for the pro game than Rodgers is

E) You are a Notre Dame hater

B, their offensive line is worse than the Packers
C, McCarthy is a great QB coach
D, how soon u graduate does not dictate how smart you are lol... nice add though

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry zero but if you can graduate from ND in 3 1/2 years while playing bigtime football....you're pretty damn smart.

Don't be a hater..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Sorry zero but if you can graduate from ND in 3 1/2 years while playing bigtime football....you're pretty damn smart.

Don't be a hater..

Because football players never take easy classes or are graded more lightly than others...

lol ;)

I'm not dissing him at all or Notre Dame, but its silly to say person A is smarter than person B on the basis they graduated six months earlier. There are a LOT of factors in graduating that are different from college to college and person to person.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Don't be a hater..

Because football players never take easy classes or are graded more lightly than others...

lol ;)

I'm not dissing him at all or Notre Dame, but its silly to say person A is smarter than person B on the basis they graduated six months earlier. There are a LOT of factors in graduating that are different from college to college and person to person.

Not at ND....I happen to know every course he took.

Actually I'm sure Rodgers is pretty smart to....going to Cal. My point was that Quinn has it all including smarts....and if you read my original post it was to draft Quinn and let him compete with Rodgers. Not sure why some of you are afraid of competition.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Actually I'm sure Rodgers is pretty smart to....going to Cal. My point was that Quinn has it all including smarts....and if you read my original post it was to draft Quinn and let him compete with Rodgers. Not sure why some of you are afraid of competition.

I never said I was nor did I give that impression so don't mention that while quoting ME! bub! ;)

I can't say whether or not to draft Quinn. I haven't seen him play. I hear lots of positive things about him though.

I think competition is great, but using a 1st rd pick for competition when there are several needy positions to fill I think would be misusing the pick.

If we have a top 10 pick I think we should go somewhere else with the pick. Maybe RB?

If Quinn were to be available in the 20's and thats where we draft, I say get him.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
furferret2 said:
thetombradyhater said:
Unless we can get schaub for a reasonable price (which isn't happening because ATL wants a 1st for him I believe) the its A-rod's time
Schaub should be a free agent at the end of this year. I believe it is his rookie contract though.. so he might be an RFA.

o didn't know that, but he will probably resign anyway

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
furferret2 said:
thetombradyhater said:
Unless we can get schaub for a reasonable price (which isn't happening because ATL wants a 1st for him I believe) the its A-rod's time
Schaub should be a free agent at the end of this year. I believe it is his rookie contract though.. so he might be an RFA.

o didn't know that, but he will probably resign anyway

Schaub will get a level 1 tender and the compensation will be a 1st and 3rd.

Only way I see Atlanta moving Schaub for anything less would be for Nick Barnett (which is possible if Green Bay feels good about Hodge)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Falcons won't let Schaub go. Atleast, they will do everything they can to retain him because they know Vick is a one trick pony!!

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

That doesn't mean anything. He could be after a BS degree so he could focus more on football.

Also football smarts and school smarts are two very different smarts. Just because a guy gets straight A's doesn't mean he can identify a Cover 2 shell and find the tight end or slot reciever between the safeties in the middle before he gets sacked.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
furferret2 said:
DePack said:

That doesn't mean anything. He could be after a BS degree so he could focus more on football.

Also football smarts and school smarts are two very different smarts. Just because a guy gets straight A's doesn't mean he can identify a Cover 2 shell and find the tight end or slot reciever between the safeties in the middle before he gets sacked.

Try to keep up *******. I know exactly what his degree is in and yes it is a BS which to real students means Bachelor of Science. We all know what it stands for in Philly. Now don't be a ND hater just because the big football powerhouse in Philly is ........Temple :lol: :lol:

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would start Rodgers, he is ready. I would also not rule out Ingle Martin being an NFL QB, everything I have seen of him I like. I would not use a #1 pick on a QB, especially since it is likely we will be a top ten pick. Depending on where we are I would look for a RB or OL. Our interior OL is weak but getting better but we will need a tackle soon. I am convinced you win or lose on the line, look at the Raiders and the offensive talent they have that is wasted because no one can block.

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
furferret2 said:
DePack said:

Try to keep up *******. I know exactly what his degree is in and yes it is a BS which to real students means Bachelor of Science. We all know what it stands for in Philly. Now don't be a ND hater just because the big football powerhouse in Philly is ........Temple :lol: :lol:
I understand you know his degree and everything but it doesn't change the fact that graduating faster doesn't make you a smarter QB.

So, in reality, you look like the *******.

I live in New Jersey and the local team is RUTGERS. And aren't you from Philly anyway?

Members online

Latest posts