2007 Packers #1 draft pick by Yahoo sports.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another draft site has the Packers taking California RB Marshawn Lynch with their 1st round #16 pick.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah this isn't happening.

Who wants to put money on Detroit selecting another WR #1?

Except they won't take Johnson, they'll take Ginn and screw it up.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never like yahoo mock drafts. Mostly because they are writers instead of actual draft analysis or writers with scouting experience.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By #16 there will already be a trade or 2 done messing up the mocks.

The problem with the draft is that each choice is dependent upon the ones before it. The is always an unexpected choice of a guy earlier than expected and a guy who falls far.

Very few people are even close.

I don't think Lynch will last until #16.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Peterson will be around that late. Kiper says Peterson is really moving up on the boards.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've beaten Kiper 2 years running, and I'm a pretty young guy who has a job other than following the draft, so I wouldn't put any stock into what he says.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I've beaten Kiper 2 years running, and I'm a pretty young guy who has a job other than following the draft, so I wouldn't put any stock into what he says.

The more I look up stats an such the more I wish I was in the field. It'd be so awesome to be able to look up stats, watch games, analyze and what not for a living.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we need to resigm Green, if his asking price isn't rediculous. He looked pretty darn good last season. And i think Morency looked pretty good too. With having one year here under his belt, i think he will only get better.
JMO.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt, Green and Morency look good enough, if the OL is improved so they actually have a few holes to run through.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt, Green and Morency look good enough, if the OL is improved so they actually have a few holes to run through.

No back gains 1000 yards on his own. Yes, the oline had it's breakdowns but also had it's moments as they grew throughout the year. It seems that Thompson wanted to get smart offensive lineman that are athletic enough to block for Favre and the ZBS.

Green is a short term solution as a main back. He could go another three or four years if he willing to take less and his role is reduced.

RB for the longer term is a priorty but who should the Packers take? Lynch seems to a bit of project and maybe a reach at 16. It might take him a couple of years to become a proficient at blocking and receiving. I don't see him becoming an every down back for a couple of years.

This might be the time for Thompson to trade down in the first round to the late first and take Lynch if available. If Lynch isn't available, take Michael Bush with their pick in the second round.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green isn't done. I guess If you have a Great year, your done according to some people.

I wouldn't call Green's year great, but it was acceptable. The thing that worried me is he seemed to tail off in the last games (game #, opposing team, carries, yards, receiving yards, TDs):
| 14 sfo | 21 77 | 13 | 1 |
| 15 det | 22 79 | 44 | 0 |
| 16 min | 18 42 | 27 | 0 |
| 17 chi | 22 71 | 39 | 0 |

I still think Green has it, but I'd rather see his role split with Morency. If Morency can't develop into the back that eventually replaces Green, then in '08's draft (not this year's), we should look for other options. I don't see RB as being a high need position this year. Green should hopefully get 1000+ yards and Morency should get 500+.

Our big needs are S and TE. Those need to be addressed asap, not RB.

Members online

Latest posts