2007 NFL Draft Official Thread

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is one report.
Sounds real good if he is healthy.

Justin Harrell, Tennessee (6-4 3/8, 300, 5.06)

Harrell had a complete workout at the Combine. He ran his two 40s in 5.04 and 5.07 and also recorded a 30½-inch vertical jump, 9-foot long jump, 4.79 short shuttle, 7.63 three-cone drill and 24 bench presses. He worked out again on March 21 at Tennessee's Pro Day when his weight was 314 pounds and he posted 31 bench presses. Harrell played tight end and defensive end in high school, where he was a three-year starter. He also played basketball, averaging 17 points a game as a senior. Harrell redshirted at Tennessee in 2002 and played the final eight games of 2003 after breaking his ankle before the season. He tore his bicep in September 2006 and tried to play with one arm. He would have been a three-year starter if not for injuries that forced him to miss starts. Harrell is a very athletic player who can be a difference-maker if healthy. He has long arms with good strength and can play nose tackle. He needs to learn to rush the passer better, but is a very solid player if healthy.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why Justin Harrell...that seems a little high for him

Oregon...are you kidding, he is a great player but what in the mid 1st??

YOU ARE ALL RIGHT! So there it is...expect more of the same. Good luck! I gotta go.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is an awesome player but they have too many DT's

Ryan Pickett
Corey William
Colin Cole
Johnny Jolly
JUSTIN HARRELL

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather have had Meachem, Dwayne Bowe or Jarrett

I was hoping they were going to take Meachem....they could of had Harrell in the 2nd...OR a runningback

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a good player alright, but I think #16 was too high for him, I think we tried to trade down but couldn't and therefore TT had to take him at #16.

Also I don't think a DT was our biggest need. We could have selected Leon Hall for instance.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect Ted Thompson selected the "can't miss" player with his first pick. Harrell might be the closest to can't miss behind Calvin Johnson.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know but ... i think a Safety CB WR TE Were more important then a DT dont you guys think?

The Bengals just got Hall. That's who I would have preferred. Hall can also return punts. I'd love to see Hall start and Woodson move to SS. Defensive problem solved. I don't want to see Woodson returning punts. He's too valuable.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
It looks like there may be 2/3 good WRs left when the Packers pick again in the second.

there are going to be a lot more than that, there are going to be 5 -6 good WRs left, this WR class is deeper than ever.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and WR doesnt matter cause were gettin moss

Im not jumping up a down over the pick... but it seems solid.

by solid i mean it wasnt a reach like taking olsen with the 16th who has big bust potential...

we shall see...

but anyway hes a packer now and i like him for it. BIG SWEET!!!!

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should pick up a WR, I can see us trading KGB for a late second or early third rounder, with that pick we should draft a WR.

With our 2nd round pick we should pick Kenny Irons.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like this guy is made for the Packers. I would rather have seen a target for Brett, but i guess TT feels DT was an area of need.

Members online

Latest posts