2007 Free Agents

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I would like clements as well, but i gotta say three things about him.

1. Buffalo doesn't want to let him go. Good chance he gets re-signed or tagged.

2. As the only CB of his caliber on the free market, he'll get vastly overpaid. Not saying 'Ted's cheap', just that we shouldn't pay him as much as he's likely to look for.

3. Chuck & Al. We pay Woodson too much to have him as our nickel. And, there's the chance he steps up his play, which we all know is a possibility. Al has another year left, and I think front office believes him to be starter-caliber as well.

Again, Clements gets my heart all a-flutter, but I just don't think there's much chance of it.

I think Freeney gets franchised, and am happy with our DL starters, but I really like Mike Turner. Don't know how he'd do in a zone scheme, but he is a stud.

I agree that its a long shot to get clements but that would be so nice. and we wouldnt move chuck to the nickle spot.

id say our d backs would be harris and clements nick collins and cwood could be the safetys. then culver and manuel as backups is nice!

and if your looking for a running back Michael Turner would be awesome, playing behind LT obviously hurts him, but a lot of people think this guy is a great back with the bad luck to be behind maybe the best back in football. and to agree with packinblack.... who knows how he'd run with the zone but he would be nice. also wouldnt mind getting marcel shipp pretty cheap.

Id look at Jeremy Stevans for a tight end. shows flashes of greatness but disappears jsut as much.

Mike Gandy could replace the fast aging Clifton. again dont know about his ability with the zone, but it cant be as bad as clifton.

you can forget about freeney

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Freeny would be great but don't see the need big enough there to pay his salary. Clements will also cost but CB's are becoming well worth the investment if they're the kind who can play one-one. I also like Turner but not sure, do you think he's built to be an every down back. He definately is one of the better backups who deserves a chance. Maybe him and Morency splitting carries could work

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Mike Gandy could replace the fast aging Clifton. again dont know about his ability with the zone, but it cant be as bad as clifton.

Mike Gandy sucks at life. The Bears released him because he was worthless and he still sucks. He will get abused against the Bears this weeked. Thanks for Hunter Hillenmeyer by the way.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Packnic said:

Mike Gandy sucks at life. The Bears released him because he was worthless and he still sucks. He will get abused against the Bears this weeked. Thanks for Hunter Hillenmeyer by the way.

speaking of the bears, Lance Briggs. Well worth a look. In fact, there are a few LBs worth takin a look at.

I've been real disappointed in Barnett lately, he seems like he's just 'there'. (could say the same about alot of our players, though.) I'll probably offend some people with that, and if I do, sorry. I think it'd be great to add a MLB and SAM from that list of FAs. But, knowing our startegy is to build thru the draft, it's likely just a pipe dream.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Albert Haynesworth is probably going to get release from Tennessee from some reports I heard on the radio today so Green Bay could take a look at him.

I'm not sure I'd want him in the NFL after that let alone on the Pack. He'd be a great pickup but what he did was just uncalled for.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Albert Haynesworth is probably going to get release from Tennessee from some reports I heard on the radio today so Green Bay could take a look at him.

I'm not sure I'd want him in the NFL after that let alone on the Pack. He'd be a great pickup but what he did was just uncalled for.

Not to mention he has a history of idiotic and unctrolled behaviour.

He got into an argument in college during a practice, and left only to return with a metal pole. :-?

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the positive side, not to many of the quality GB Packers on that list, so the talent that they have will be sticking around!

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daniel Graham, UFA, New England Patriots

With Ben Watson on the roster and NE's moneyball approach, Graham will be very available. He won't be overly expensive, but a big upgrade over what we have. More of a receieving TE, but a solid blocker.

Adalius Thomas, UFA, Baltimore Ravens

With Pop and Taylor struggling, it would be good to bring in a LB. Thomas's stock is rising, but with Briggs and June on the market, he'll be less sought after than he should. This guy is a beast. 270 pounds and great speed.

Asante Samuel, UFA, New England Patriots

Al Harris sucks. :lol: This guy has been a reliable corner in NE for some time, and isn't too old yet.

Michael Lewis, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles

Marquand Manuel is bad, and Culver probably isn't ready for the big time yet. Lewis is the best UFA SS.

I don't think we should go nuts and sign all of these guys, but these are players that are at positions of need that TT would realistically sign. I'd be happy to see any of these guys as a Packer next year.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
BUMP....

Other Free Agent Safety
Tyrone Carter, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Deon Grant, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Ken Hamlin, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Donnie Nickey, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Tony Parrish, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Ernest Shazor, ERFA, Arizona Cardinals
B.J. Ward, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Gibril Wilson, RFA, New York Giants

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will rid ourselves from Al Harris and then there will be a spot for a new CB, maybe Clements, we have a lot of salary room!

I'd also like us to sign veterans from the Denver and Atlanta o-lines, as they have good experience in the zone-blocking scheme and could give us som well needed veteran leadership in the zoneblocking departement.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
al harris needs to go what was he thinking during mini camp when he thought he was worth more money he should be paying the packers back some money right now

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd also like us to sign veterans from the Denver and Atlanta o-lines, as they have good experience in the zone-blocking scheme and could give us som well needed veteran leadership in the zoneblocking departement.

I disagree with this. I think we need to let the young offensive line grow together. They've shown great potential and all 4 are really coming along great. Granted tonight was a rough outing but overall they've been solid.

If we can get some cheat vets to come in and be backups then I'm all for it but as far as going out and signing someone to a starter like deal. I think it would be a mistake.

I think GB's needs are DE, SS, CB, RB, and TE.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
al harris needs to go what was he thinking during mini camp when he thought he was worth more money he should be paying the packers back some money right now

IMO TT will make sure Harris stays. He must have learned from the K-Walk situation (God help us all if he didn't), and he realizes how valuable Harris is too valuable and too good a player. He is a good enough athlete that he can still contribute up until a high age (around 2 maybe 3 more years).

TT finds a way to keep him IMO. If he doesn't he is getting a big time negative rep with all the agents; if you want out, then cry loud enough and you'll get your way.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Marquand Manuel is bad, and Culver probably isn't ready for the big time yet. Lewis is the best UFA SS.

I don't think we should go nuts and sign all of these guys, but these are players that are at positions of need that TT would realistically sign. I'd be happy to see any of these guys as a Packer next year.

Lewis was a probowler but was benched this year because he couldnt cover. lets dump one saefty that cant cover for another one that cant cover.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about we just bench Manuel and play Culver?

Manuel obviously isn't ready for the "big time" either, so give someone who has talent a shot. He can't be worse. Seriously, he can't

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with going after Turner. I think many people havn't seen how good thbis kid is. This would also allow us to go else where in the draft which I agree with Porky that we shouldn't worry about O-line. If you look at the best lines they're always guys who have been together for years and I can see this line growing together into one of the best in the leageu.
I also like Ken Hamlin who BTW I'm having a brain cramp was he the one who fractured his skull in that night club incident?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

IMO TT will make sure Harris stays. He must have learned from the K-Walk situation (God help us all if he didn't), and he realizes how valuable Harris is too valuable and too good a player. He is a good enough athlete that he can still contribute up until a high age (around 2 maybe 3 more years).

TT finds a way to keep him IMO. If he doesn't he is getting a big time negative rep with all the agents; if you want out, then cry loud enough and you'll get your way.

Cute, K-Walk :p

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I also like Ken Hamlin who BTW I'm having a brain cramp was he the one who fractured his skull in that night club incident?

Yes he was the one Cdn. Manuel took over for him last year.

Yared, I think if Culver was similar or even a fraction behind Marquand in terms of skill, he'd be starting. Apparently the coaching staff feels that Culver will do even worse (which, like you said, is next to impossible to do), so I guess they are sticking with Manuel for the time being.

I don't really see a safety on the market that can be a compliment to Collins.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No huge changes are needed.

D Line, linebackers and corners are formidable but the safeties hold us back. Too much confusion back there. OL should be average or maybe above average next year, receivers & running back position should be fine for next year. Hopefully Brett comes back.

Both starting safeties need to be released or make them backups. This team would be a playoff team next year if we had 2 good experienced safeties who can complement Harris & Woodson and who can cover. Other thing we could use is an extra playmaker at either WR or TE. Also, the Patriots game made me realize that we really need a good 3rd corner. Not some developmental guy, but a good solid corner.

Also, MM needs to leave town so we can hire an NFL head coach. Is Steve Mariucci looking for work?

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Dont wanna get rid of Ahman!!! OH why oh why does he have ti be a free agent!!

LOL, i doubt he's going anywhere if we still even want him back.

Tell me, whats the market like for an aging, injury prone fumble machine who hasnt had a really good year in 4 years ?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, MM needs to leave town so we can hire an NFL head coach. Is Steve Mariucci looking for work?

Where are these comments after wins? Funny how that works.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:

Where are these comments after wins? Funny how that works.

Tampa Bay Press is printing sources as saying that Gruden wants out of Tampa. His contract is finished after next year.

I could go on and on about Gruden, but myself as a Raider Fan you do not want to read it.

I am behind MM, and if the Packers ever canned him for Chucky I would have to bail for a while.

Give MM a chance people. Please.... Just give people a chance.

R.P.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts