2007 Draft

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of mock drafts have us taking Lynch. Who do you all think we should draft.

Personally i think the we should not take a WR in the 1st round. We have DD and jennings and young guys that are proving themselvs. We should either take a CB since ours are getting old and it would be nice to have a good Nickel. I also think a good RB in the first round would be good to jump in and provide support for AG and provide some competition for morency and we could cut Noah.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since there are apparently so few good TEs available in the draft(the only one I like is the guy from Arizona State) and good RBs can be had in every round(maybe not great, but good) I'm hoping we go S and CB early on. If we can just prevent most of those huge yardage passes we gave up last year, think of how many fewer points we'd have to overcome. We also need a good OL that fits our system. I have little hope Chad will hold up much longer. A huge DT is also on my menu.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally i think the we should not take a WR in the 1st round. We have DD and jennings and young guys that are proving themselvs. We should either take a CB since ours are getting old and it would be nice to have a good Nickel. I also think a good RB in the first round would be good to jump in and provide support for AG and provide some competition for morency and we could cut Noah.

I'm on the fence about taking a WR or not, I think we should try and sign a decent, proven veteran to be a solid #2/3 to take pressure off of driver and jennings, and I also think Holliday and Martin's play has earned them roster spots next season...Tennessee's Robert Meachem declared today, he's 6'3 with some jump, and we don't have a prototypical possession target, with the size and all, to create more matchup problems

Cutting Noah Herron is a very stupid idea...guys like this are completely undervalued...he is like a Tony Fisher, who I don't think we should've let go...the point is, he doesnt do anything great...but he does a lot of things good, he lines up in the shotgun to block and does good at that, he's a legit threat out of the backfield and a solid 3rd down threat...sure Noah Herron doesnt look like he matters but get rid of him and you're putting a lot of bottom-of-the-depth chart guys in in key situations

As of now, I dont look for position, again I'm looking for best player available...we're not as desparate as we were last year, but we still need the talent we can get...I don't think Laron Landry will slip to #16 but I do think Florida's Reggie Nelson is worth a look, he would force Collins to move back to SS, but I think the two of them would combine to make a very prolific safety tandem and continue to force turnovers for us...

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch would be my first choice, being where we are drafting.
Landry (S) LSU
Jarrett (WR) USC
Woodley (OLB/DE) Michigan
Johnson (DE) Goergia
are also in my consideration.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch would be my first choice, being where we are drafting.
Landry (S) LSU
Jarrett (WR) USC
Woodley (OLB/DE) Michigan
Johnson (DE) Goergia
are also in my consideration.

A lot will happen in the next few months, this time last year we had our sights set on Mario Williams and look what happened

I'm 50/50 on drafting Marshawn Lynch:
For:
-the top four running backs will be gone when we pick aroun #50 in round 2; we all know I love Tony Hunt but he is a power back and I question his ability to accellerate upfield through the holes
-Ahman Green is back to form, but, he's over 30 now, injury/decay could resurface at any time
Against:
-It doesn't fill an immediate need
-My arguement is always that running backs can be found at any stage of the draft if you do your homework

If Dwayne Jarrett is available it makes it that much easier because he's the better prospect

The way some of the mocks look now, for me, it still comes down to Florida Safety Reggie Nelson, Tennessee WR Robert Meachem, and whatever CB is available (McCauley or Revis)

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado35 said:

I'm on the fence about taking a WR or not, I think we should try and sign a decent, proven veteran to be a solid #2/3 to take pressure off of driver and jennings, and I also think Holliday and Martin's play has earned them roster spots next season...Tennessee's Robert Meachem declared today, he's 6'3 with some jump, and we don't have a prototypical possession target, with the size and all, to create more matchup problems

Cutting Noah Herron is a very stupid idea...guys like this are completely undervalued...he is like a Tony Fisher, who I don't think we should've let go...the point is, he doesnt do anything great...but he does a lot of things good, he lines up in the shotgun to block and does good at that, he's a legit threat out of the backfield and a solid 3rd down threat...sure Noah Herron doesnt look like he matters but get rid of him and you're putting a lot of bottom-of-the-depth chart guys in in key situations

As of now, I dont look for position, again I'm looking for best player available...we're not as desparate as we were last year, but we still need the talent we can get...I don't think Laron Landry will slip to #16 but I do think Florida's Reggie Nelson is worth a look, he would force Collins to move back to SS, but I think the two of them would combine to make a very prolific safety tandem and continue to force turnovers for us...

If Herron like Fisher isn't doing anything great/good, just decent, why not give another guy like him the chance to play, and he might develop to become a very good player unlike the player you already have that hasn't developed? TT got rid of Fisher because he wasn't going anywhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts