2006 NFL Mock Draft by Porky

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure where I should post this. I'll post the link to where you can rate it.. otherwise it'll be really long..

http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/ ... -draft.php

Any feedback would be nice.. if you have a question the answer is probably in the description of the pick..

I gave Green Bay Hawk and Sinorice Moss who was the BPA at that point in my opinion.

I'm going to update at least two more times before the Draft.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that if we don't get Mario, that Hawk is the likely pick. Unless TT decides to trade down, which is a real possibility. However, I disagree with your pick of Moss. He is simply not the type of receiver MM is looking for. He might be the best athlete available, but not the best player for the WCO. IF TT really wants a WR, I think he would try to trade down and take Chad Jackson. You have Gabe Watson going at #41. If he is available when the Packers pick in round 2, he would be hard for TT to pass up. IF TT doesn't take Hawk in round 1, Carpenter would also be a possibility in round 2.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
I agree that if we don't get Mario, that Hawk is the likely pick. Unless TT decides to trade down, which is a real possibility. However, I disagree with your pick of Moss. He is simply not the type of receiver MM is looking for. He might be the best athlete available, but not the best player for the WCO. IF TT really wants a WR, I think he would try to trade down and take Chad Jackson. You have Gabe Watson going at #41. If he is available when the Packers pick in round 2, he would be hard for TT to pass up. IF TT doesn't take Hawk in round 1, Carpenter would also be a possibility in round 2.

Green Bay already has a NT in Pickett though. Neither of them can play the gap and Watson is a 2 down NT. If we pass on Hawk in round 1 then LB in round 2 makes sense. If Thoma Howard fall he'd be a perfect fit for our system.

Moss could play fine in the WCO. We have physical WR's around him in Gardner and Boergier now. They still need speed on the offense. He could also help out on special teams as a punt return to replace Chatman. I think drafting Moss would lead to the release of Fergy though which is probably in the future. Drafting Moss there also gives them a plan at WR in case they do wanna deal Walker and he's the BPA.

Thanks for the feedback though..

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope yours is not the one that has the Raiders taking a QB.

The Raiders got the best QB of the draft last year in the third round Andrew Walter. He is better than Alex Smith, Asron Rodgers, Kyle Orton and any other QB last year.

The Raiders need D line. They moved ahead of the Packers last year for a very good CB. They don't need or want Vince Young.

Maroney should go ahead of Williams. Seahawks may take Joseph at OG in the first round with Hutchinson gone. The Packers don't want a little receiver like Chatman let alone one named Moss in round 2.

The first 2 rounds are easiest to predict.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
I hope yours is not the one that has the Raiders taking a QB.

The Raiders got the best QB of the draft last year in the third round Andrew Walter. He is better than Alex Smith, Asron Rodgers, Kyle Orton and any other QB last year.

The Raiders need D line. They moved ahead of the Packers last year for a very good CB. They don't need or want Vince Young.

Maroney should go ahead of Williams. Seahawks may take Joseph at OG in the first round with Hutchinson gone. The Packers don't want a little receiver like Chatman let alone one named Moss in round 2.

The first 2 rounds are easiest to predict.

Al Davis loves Vince Young. He wants Vince Young. Walter isn't anything more than a backup in Oaklands minds otherwise he would of played this past year. He didn't take a snap last year. Young upside would be to much for Davis to past up if he fell that far.

Sinorice Moss is the 3rd best WR in this draft. Thompson is all about value and Moss has more value in round 2 than any player on the board there. Moss is much better than Chatman.

DeAngelo Williams will go before Maroney. Williams had had great workouts and was always ahead of Maroney in rankings. Maroney has done nothing to move by him. Williams has come off great in interviews and was very productive in college. He's the #2 back in this draft...

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice draft, though I have questions about Moss being around in round 2. I would rather have Mangold but if he's gone and Moss is still there I would not be dissapointed at all.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the idea of drafting a WR in the second round but i wouldnt wait any longer than the third round to draft a Guard. It might be wise to trade down our #5 and get 2 picks in the first round. maybe we could go for a WR and LB then a guard in the second.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is there are no real guards that fit our scheme that will be there in the second and not in the 3rd.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
The problem is there are no real guards that fit our scheme that will be there in the second and not in the 3rd.

If Greenbay traded down with Denver then, who would you take in both the first and second round?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the 15 and not the 22. If that is the case I think we could go corner with either Huff,Williams,Hill in that order or take a shot at Greenway, depending on who's gone.

I would still go Mangold in 2 if there. If not probably Moss

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I assume you are talking about the 15 and not the 22. If that is the case I think we could go corner with either Huff,Williams,Hill in that order or take a shot at Greenway, depending on who's gone.

I would still go Mangold in 2 if there. If not probably Moss

Pyle,

If we give Denver the #5 pick in the draft, it is for both of their 1st round picks. No way do we trade down 10 spots and only get a late 2nd round pick in return. At #15, I think we take Greenway, or possibly Chad Jackson, if the WR situation hasn't improved by then. Jackson is 5 inches taller than Moss, 25 pounds heavier, and has a better 40 time.

At # 22, I think Antonio Cromartie would be a great pick if available.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my next update I might actually have the Pack taking Mangold in round 2...

In round 1 I think I'll stick with the Hawk pick with Mario Williams being their guy if he's on the board.. Vernon Davis, Vince Young, and Matt Leinart are darkhorses...

If I move Williams to #2 which I probably will that drops Ferguson to #4 and then it moves Manny Lawson to #29 and maybe Mangold to GB in round 2.... Not sure yet..

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was not saying ONLY the 15, but there are tons of scenarios that we could end up with the 15 and something else, draft choice or current player other than the 22. Thanks for clarifying though.

Route25, I agree that Cromartie at 22 would be great. I am not sold on Greenway at 15 but he keeps climbing the boards so who knows.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 15th and 22nd picks for number 5 appears to be an equal trade on the value chart, but is it in reality? It seems to me that the top 7 in the draft this year are special players. From there on, the value chart might apply, but I think we get screwed if we make that trade. I condone staying put and taking BPA (except for quarterback).

I would draft Hawk if we don't get Arrington. If Arrington is signed before the draft, I think Vernon Davis is the guy.

Interior lineman like Eslinger and Setterstrom are what the Packers will be after. I believe Mangold will be gone by the end of round 1, but if not he would be a good choice with our second rounder.

Nobody has talked about Brian Calhoun or Addai in a while. The Pack needs a small back for 3rd down and slot receiving. I don't think all three (Ahman/Gado/Poop) are going to make the final cut.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last spot on the field we need is another RB. If we were a team solid across the board it would be OK, but we have to many other leaks to patch. I don't see the Pack drafting a RB at all, though you never know

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle

My point about the running backs is that all three are similar and provide hardly any diversity. We don't have enough roster spots to carry them all. You have to change it up once in a while. If Calhoun is still there in round 3, we have to entertain some thoughts of drafting him. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we took a running back!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Pyle

My point about the running backs is that all three are similar and provide hardly any diversity. We don't have enough roster spots to carry them all. You have to change it up once in a while. If Calhoun is still there in round 3, we have to entertain some thoughts of drafting him. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we took a running back!

I agree that TT will consider Calhoun because he has great ability, but don't forget that we have a similar style RB in Herron. He may not be as good as Calhoun, but we're talking about our 3rd string RB here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts