1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2005 Packers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Steel Wheels, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    After watching last nights game, it should obvious to the most casual of football observers that the Packers are in need of a lot of work.

It really was a so so performance for the Packers. The offense ran up only 196 yds while the defense allowed the Chargers offense 317 yds.

It looks like a similar situation to 1992 for the Packers. It may not be as bad because the Packers have an experienced Brett Favre but it's going to be a year to year thing.

In 1992 when Wolf and Holmgren took over, the improvements came every year until the Packers won the Super Bowl in 5 seasons. Hopefully Ted Thompson can get the job done in 3 years.

The Packers have lost some top notch players in Mike McKenzie, Darren Sharper, Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera. They may not get Bubba Franks back this season. 2005 will be the last year for a few key players contracts so it's going to be tough on Ted Thompson.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I hope its less, but I'd be just as happy if it took 3yrs. That'd be pretty cool if the Packers and Brett stayed together for three years and Brett wins his second SB Ring with the Packers then retires on top, hopefully by that time Rodgers would be able to take the reins an we wouldn't have a drop off as dramatic as the Dolphins and Bronco's had to endure.

3. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    SW,,, if the Packers have lost yesterday