2005 Free Agency

v00d00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there's a Packer forum anywhere that doesn't have this subject posted up on their boards, but I think it's a good subject to talk about.

I've tried scouring the internet for a list of some type that shows what players will be available next year, but have had little luck.

Anyone know where a list like this can be found?

What free agents do you think can be seriously approached by the Packers?

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do a google search and some of the fantasy football boards have it listed. After watching the redskins last night i could sure see some of their defensive backs in green and gold.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon Ryan - be nice - he had a good premise with Tice being available - and what's more, he'd already know how to whup up on those guys , comin' out the gate! Truth is.. I'd like a Mike Tice type Coach,.... not necessarily Mike, himself.

Now, I know it's probably not a possibility - but if I was to take a player from wherever... I'd want McWhorters from Chicago to pair up with AL HARRIS.. that guy has tons of emotion ...and talent...! What's more, it would make AL an even better player for the competition. (Psst, anyone hear anything of McKenzie lately? ....heheh!)

C'mon guys, I like reviewing these options the Packers might have.

Here's "a" problem - Sherman may just be around for yet another Draft.
Comments on that event?

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I have no real complaints for barnett or walker, both of which were picked with recent draft picks...We need to improve our d-line and pick up a little help in the secondary...other than that the pack is looking pretty decent all around...there is just something missing on defense still, once we find that I think the pack could be true contenders again

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't for get, Brad, next year, many of the O-Line guys have contracts coming up..
We have virtually NO $$$$ left to do much of anything other than visit a rebuilding season, or three.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Don't for get, Brad, next year, many of the O-Line guys have contracts coming up..
We have virtually NO $$$$ left to do much of anything other than visit a rebuilding season, or three.

This is a great old post from before Wahle and Rivera signed elsewhere. Only if a few others would have known and understood we didn't have the cash to keep'em :(

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
:wtf: You know, what IPB said was right on, BUT HOW ON EARTH DO YOU GET THIS OLD THREAD DUG UP IN THE FIRST PLACE!? :-?

Can someone please get Z2C a day job? :p

lol i work 8-5pm five days a week an another five hours every other saturday ... :)

btw i jus picked a random old thread page count an clicked a link an checked it out... found it interesting

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
IPBprez said:

This is a great old post from before Wahle and Rivera signed elsewhere. Only if a few others would have known and understood we didn't have the cash to keep'em :(

Like Bob Hope - thanks for the memories... The post preceding this one is even more in-depth. But, I'm pretty sure we won't be getting any personnel from the Bears. Lovie Smith has done a pretty decent job in his short tenure. And, as of today - we have a whole new situation to work with at Lambeau. There's no tellin' what will happen next -BUT - we do have a few coin in the bank this time... and it will make a difference, even if only a slight one at that.

Looking back, - today the Panthers(Wahle) are still headed for a possible berth in the SuperBowl (only one year later) and the Cowboys?(Rivera) had a decent run, but Marco's year wasn't all that great. Ya like to hope for the best with any one who has ever been a Packer / yea, even Sharper / but the Jury is still out for Marco Rivera and that injury laden season he just went thru. The Cowboys spent good money for him, and it didn't pan out all that great (so far).

Thanks, Z2C....

Members online

Latest posts