20011 Packers' McKenzie NFL's top physician

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From 2011....Not NOW

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...hysician/a0c9c107-9841-41ad-ad34-b500aed26377

He didn’t receive the award specifically for being the most overworked doctor in the league. He got the award for being the best.

Dr. Patrick McKenzie, the Packers’ team physician since the early 1990s, received the Jerry “Hawk” Rhea Award as the NFL’s physician of the year late last month at the scouting combine in Indianapolis.

The award, named for an icon in the business who served as the Atlanta Falcons’ head athletic trainer for a quarter century (1969-94), has been presented by the Professional Football Athletic Trainers Society (PFATS) annually since 1998. McKenzie received his distinction for his work in the 2010 season, when the Packers had the longest injured reserve list in the league.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I think he is good..... but awards really don't mean much imo. Guys win the heisman award for best college player, then some of them crap out in the NFL.... were they really the best or was it a bias vote? Some people who voted for Obama say he is the best president, ha ha ha lol..ok...I don't.... It's all a matter of opinion. Again, I like the guy.... but why is it over the past 4 - 5 season, we always seem to hit the hardest with injuries, and some other teams only get one or two guys all season? Something just don't smell right about that.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so if it's not from 2013 who cares? Not to be brash or anything but that was two yr's ago sir. It would be different if you said Best Dr. in 2013. I think winning the SB had a little to do with that as well. i've always thought we had the most over protective doctors/trainers in the NFL.

Right, because doctors play goes up and down season to season. He really needs to step it up his season. I'm disappointed in his pad level too.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is good..... but awards really don't mean much imo. Guys win the heisman award for best college player, then some of them crap out in the NFL.... were they really the best or was it a bias vote? Some people who voted for Obama say he is the best president, ha ha ha lol..ok...I don't.... It's all a matter of opinion. Again, I like the guy.... but why is it over the past 4 - 5 season, we always seem to hit the hardest with injuries, and some other teams only get one or two guys all season? Something just don't smell right about that.

... You can be the best college player and suck in the nfl. Success in high or college doesn't guarantee success at the next level. Tebow was great in college. So was Ron dayne. It was the faster pace of the nfl and the talent around them they couldn't stand out from

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, because doctors play goes up and down season to season. He really needs to step it up his season. I'm disappointed in his pad level too.
That and also it's too early to call him best Dr. of 2013.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are fluff awards that go to the medical staff on the super bowl winning, losing or very good playoff teams. Freaking Lovat got one. Pepper got one but as well but I don't want to put him and his long and well respected career in the same sentence as Lovat.

Latest posts