2 round mock draft

OP
OP
R

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
Haha, different people have different agendas. Who knows what the truth on that is.

Did a search on some more articles.

USC article, doubt anything negative would come from that site though
http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jarrett_dwayne00.html

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2611173

http://football.about.com/od/nflplayerprofiles/p/dwaynejarrett.htm

Can't find much negative about the kid. This here says he has some character issues. Well, potentially.
Overview:
Dwayne Jarrett is certainly an intriguing prospect, possessing rare size and the ability to take over a game. However, there are some concerns, most notably his speed, physicality, and some potential character issues. All in all, Jarrett will probably be one of the more touted receiving prospects on draft day, and will likely wind up somewhere in the middle of the first round, between the tenth and twentieth picks.

Can you share some of the articles that questioned his work ethic? I really wanted the Packers to get this dude, but now you have thinking ' be careful what you wish for' lol

just a thought i dont know what he will run at his pro day but what if he comes out and runs a high 4.5 to 4.6 forty how far does he drop then

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFT says he'll run under a 4.6 and drop into the early 2nd. If he runs from a 4.55 to 4.6, he could fall to us. Who knows.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had heard the same thing about Jarrett....his speed, or lack thereof, will drop him like a rock.

Now, with a good combine, a guy I see us taking is Bowe from LSU. Speed, hands, physical player who fights for the ball...and highly productive throughout his career...a leader. Just TT's type of guy. I met a dude at Phoenix airport last week wearing an LSU jersey and asked him about Bowe..turns out he was a former player and teammate. Had nothing but great things to say about the guy and stated that his few dropsies have been corrected with eye surgery...one of his eyes was way out there and still, a highly productive guy.

Meacham is also another possibility is his hands show well at the combine.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Anthony Gonzalez, I've seen some draft boards having the Packers pick this guy up in the 2nd.

Who is he? Do we have any threads dedicated to this young man? YouTube clips?

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anthony Gonzalez is my other man crush. He played WR for Ohio State, next to Ted Ginn. He doesn't have Ginn speed, but he can still run in the 4.35-4.45 range. He's about 6'0", 200 pounds, tough as nails. He's essentially the white Donald Driver.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
****!!!!!!!!!!!! My fathead is of Clint Didier not Donald Driver! (only the older fans will get that one, maybe... lol)

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i've no problem confessing my man love for Brian Leonard, its gonna suck *** if he ends up playing against the Pack for some other team :-(

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
i've no problem confessing my man love for Brian Leonard, its gonna suck *** if he ends up playing against the Pack for some other team :-(

He won't play against the Packers. The voices in my head told me so! :)

Do you think he'd help the Packers??

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:

He won't play against the Packers. The voices in my head told me so! :)

Do you think he'd help the Packers??

I dont know really but he was a great college player and fun to watch.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
You're entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that no one does anything better than Calvin Johnson ever at his age.

Johnson has his weakness. If he was the perfect prospect then you would be hearing a lot more about him instead of hearing about Jarrett.

Johnson is a much better player than Jarrett. He's bigger, faster, stronger, jumps higher, goes across the middle better.

However the one and only thing Jarrett does better is go up and get the ball at it's highest point. Anyone who has played receiver knows what I'm talking about. That's extremely important for a WR. Does that mean Jarrett is better? Not at all. I'd give Jarrett a 9 out of 10 on that and Johnson a 8.5.

Johnson is a future pro-bowler and hall of famer. A 10, Jarret is a slow possession receiver (4.57 40 speed) and in the NFl will get off the line slow and get creamed by a linebacker. Grade him about an 8 based on leaping and hands but hardly will be a big impact player at the next level. Not much better than Mike Williams.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
kmac said:
You're entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that no one does anything better than Calvin Johnson ever at his age.

Johnson has his weakness. If he was the perfect prospect then you would be hearing a lot more about him instead of hearing about Jarrett.

Johnson is a much better player than Jarrett. He's bigger, faster, stronger, jumps higher, goes across the middle better.

However the one and only thing Jarrett does better is go up and get the ball at it's highest point. Anyone who has played receiver knows what I'm talking about. That's extremely important for a WR. Does that mean Jarrett is better? Not at all. I'd give Jarrett a 9 out of 10 on that and Johnson a 8.5.

Johnson is a future pro-bowler and hall of famer. A 10, Jarret is a slow possession receiver (4.57 40 speed) and in the NFl will get off the line slow and get creamed by a linebacker. Grade him about an 8 based on leaping and hands but hardly will be a big impact player at the next level. Not much better than Mike Williams.

You mis read my post.

I'm not grading them as an overall player in that post. I'm grading them on one thing and that's going up and getting the ball. On all the tape I've seen that's the one and only thing Jarrett does best in the Draft. I would grade Johnson probably 9.5 to 10 overall and Jarrett probably a 7.5 to 8 pending what he runs in the 40. Dwayne Bowe would probably grade out similar. Ginn Jr. as well. Overall though Johnson is the best receiver prospect of this decade. Ahead of Larry Fitzgerald in my opinion.

Johnson is far from a future Hall of Famer though. He's probably close to a "can't miss" but you never know what type of situation he could land in.

OP
OP
R

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Johnson probably has the best chance to be a real difference maker in the NFL. hes a rare combo of size speed and hands its like Reggie Bush, theres not a guy who comes out every year in the draft u can compare him to.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The combination of lack of speed and not being real physical bothers me greatly about Jarrett.

In the NFL he will be going up against strong, fast corners and safeties and yes he will win a few jump balls but that's about it.

I'd rather get a guy that can jump back to warp speed a step after making his cut. Those are the guys that make it happen in the NFL.

I see Jarrett like a lot of former college Heisman winners. Great players at that level but lacking physical traits needed to make it in the NFL.

I predict Jarrett's 40 time at the combines will be his demise.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather get a guy that can jump back to warp speed a step after making his cut. Those are the guys that make it happen in the NFL.
Like Marques Colston.

Oh wait.

Members online

Latest posts