2 questions

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously, Hausch thinks a Faver quarterbacked teams that's led to 181 wins and 1 SB win is more impressive then the 4 SB's won from Montana quarterbacked teams. Let's put it at that.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Obviously, Hausch thinks a Faver quarterbacked teams that's led to 181 wins and 1 SB win is more impressive then the 4 SB's won from Montana quarterbacked teams. Let's put it at that.
One thing about the Montana lead teams. Only once while he was in SF was the Niners defense no good. They averaged 5th in the NFL in giving up points during his time there. And if you take out the won double digit year, they average 3rd in the NFL in not giving up points. So Montana had a lot of help from his defense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One thing about the Montana lead teams. Only once while he was in SF was the Niners defense no good. They averaged 5th in the NFL in giving up points during his time there. And if you take out the won double digit year, they average 3rd in the NFL in not giving up points. So Montana had a lot of help from his defense.

And Brett didnt?

O lord

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What's the averages of the BF-led teams defenses when they reached the playoffs. Those would be some interesting stats. Not disputing that the Niners had a poor D, just would be interesting to know.

That being said, people do realize that a lot of the SB winning teams had to have really good defenses to win, of course there are a few exceptions. People need to realize that.

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why are you guys talking about montana?
what about brady?
3 superbowls in his first 5 years?? insane!!

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still like Favre for all the things he did for us. His defection is a black mark against him but overall, I'll be happy when he goes into the HOF as a Packer. Why are we forgetting the best Packer QB of all, Bart Starr? He ranks ahead of Favre based on championships won including the first two Superbowls. So how can Favre be the best of all time? Great second best Packer QB of all time though.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why are you guys talking about montana?
what about brady?
3 superbowls in his first 5 years?? insane!!

Yet all Brady's talent helped in what way this playoff season when he guided his team to being blown out by an average Ravens squad???

How can you people not see right thru this???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I still like Favre for all the things he did for us. His defection is a black mark against him but overall, I'll be happy when he goes into the HOF as a Packer..

He wont go in as a Packer, nor a Vik, or a JET

Goes in as a NFL player with the teams he played for listed

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be, I remember something about Reggie White wanting to in as a Packer but they inducted him as an Eagle.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be, I remember something about Reggie White wanting to in as a Packer but they inducted him as an Eagle.

False

Hall of Famers: Selection Process FAQ

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

Members online

Latest posts