2-3-6

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not too knowledgeable about defensive schemes and whatnot, but I was just wondering if we ever run a 2-3-6 w/ the sixth man being Woodson... basically just being Woodson flying around the field doing w/e he wants. If Davon House plays up to his potential, it looks like we'll have 3 decent corners minus Woodson, but you always got to get Woodson involved!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but rarely. That's actually the formation we use in our Dime Package (that and a 3-2-6). But we use Dime only rarely, less than 15% of the time IIRC.

Woodson doesn't go flying down the field doing what he wants, but he plays close to 10 different roles per game. He lines up in any game at outside left corner, slot corner, OLB, SS, ILB, and sometimes outside right corner. And out of those formations he'll blitz, play man, play zone, play spy, and, sometimes, play rover (flying down the field doing what he wants).

So it's not all the time that Woodson does what he wants, even though it surely appears so.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should be interesting to see if they use it more this season. we seem to be deep at corner. obviously depends on the offense were playing

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'd like to see more of it with Peprah instead of a linebacker with Burnett and Collins at safety in passing downs. I think alot of teams will be trying to use multiple receiver sets the Packers were so good at last year.

Members online

Latest posts