1st rounder 2008

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on Williams.... If we keep williams a DB probably corner. If we lose williams, BPA between Corner and DT/DE

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on Williams.... If we keep williams a DB probably corner. If we lose williams, BPA between Corner and DT/DE

I agree. CB or OG if we keep Williams. DT/DE if we don't.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think CB or OG, but then who knows if someone of value drops in our lap we may just draft for talent rather than position. I heard the draft is deep at CB, but I don't really follow college that much.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE BABY!

i dont care if its a Defensive Linemen. or a QB or a WR. if a great player is there... ya take him

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CB... the best CB available, we need deptha nd could get a real playmaker here... If not a CB the best OT available...

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers_Finland said:
I think our biggest needs are: QB, RB, WR, DT and MLB.

Ok, just kidding, I'd take a CB in the first round.

HAHA, that was good, the anger sharks were starting to swim in my head!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason you make that move is if your certain that Rodgers can't be the guy. While I think we may need to draft a Quarterback, it is not our most pressing need. I'd rather they draft a Linebacker, a Running Back, or an OT or OG (Maybe Brandon Albert of UVA) as draft Brohm

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have a history of drafting QB's in the later rounds and having them work out i.e. Brunnel, Hasselbach, Brooks, Detmer. All were able to start somewhere else so look for us to take one 4th round or later.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have a history of drafting QB's in the later rounds and having them work out i.e. Brunnel, Hasselbach, Brooks, Detmer. All were able to start somewhere else so look for us to take one 4th round or later.

I think Wolf had a mantra of drafting a QB every year, which is why we had so many backups to Brett. I definitely would like to see a late round QB pick this year as well.

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fred Davis, best tight end in the draft.
If we can snag him we will have a great TE which will help Rodgers.
He is an explosive TE and will help make up some of the lost ground with Favre's retirement.
Putting a playmaker like him on the team will help Rodgers develop with youth.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is an explosive TE and will help make up some of the lost gorund with Favre's retirement.

I'm happy with Donald Lee. He had a breakout year, I don't think it's smart to try to replace him. I'm all for drafting a TE in the later rounds though. Trust me, with Driver, Jennings, Jones, and Lee, Rodgers has lots of explosive weapons to work with. We really need to take a CB in the first round.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is an explosive TE and will help make up some of the lost gorund with Favre's retirement.

If Davis doesn't workout well at USC then Dustin Keller from Purdue has to be put into play. Keller had a great workout and the Packers offense could be pretty deadly with a TE like him on the field.

I like Davis better as well because of production but having an athlete at TE just gives an offense a "secret" weapon so to speak.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis will be a huge bust, i dont rate him at all, id rather Kellar or Carlson.

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kenny Phillips would be a good choice for you guys. But I get the feeling that teams like the Chiefs and the Ravens will be looking to trade up ahead of the Dolphins to snag Brohm if and when he slides. So the Pack or the Giants could end up getting a decent package of picks to move down just a few slots.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kenny Phillips would be a good choice for you guys. But I get the feeling that teams like the Chiefs and the Ravens will be looking to trade up ahead of the Dolphins to snag Brohm if and when he slides. So the Pack or the Giants could end up getting a decent package of picks to move down just a few slots.

dont like him, hes been the biggest slider in the build up to the draft, plus hes a Rosenhaus guy so fat chance he makes it into camp on time. Avoid!!

Members online

Latest posts