1st round possibilities

Reaction score
Consider the pot already in Adrian Peterson's car. Just for you, buddy!

I'm all out of funnily witty retorts, so I'll just add a wink to keep members guessing if there is something between us. Of course there isn't, but if it works for attracting people to daytime soaps, then why not try it here?

:wink:

Seriously though, I wonder if Brandon Merriwether has the ability to be switched to a CB..... any takes people? (I am not a huge college football guy, you try getting excited for college football up here in Canada... ugh!)

EDIT - I didn't know funnily was a word.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of players who logically could fall to the 16th spot this is how i rank them, with this list sure to change after free agency

1. WR Dwayne Jarrett--the big target that we lack, based on talent would be a huge steal at 16
2. FS Reggie Nelson--Laron Landry is gone top ten...Nelson makes plays, he looks like darren sharper against the pass but can actually tackle
3. CB Leon Hall--As much as i HATE the college that he went to, players from that particular college always step in and do well in the NFL and i think Hall could be ready to step in for Harris in two seasons
4. LB Paul Posluszny--I'm aware of the fact that we don't need a linebacker, I'm also oblivious to the fact that we don't need a linebacker...Two of the best linebackers to play in the big ten ever on the same linebacking unit at Lambeau, oh and Nick Barnett, that would simply be amazing
5. RB Marshawn Lynch--Insert my typical "you know, you don't HAVE TO draft a running back first round" rant here

--If we trade down
1. WR Robert Meachem, Tennessee/WR Dwayne Bowe, LSU
Both are big physical guys and would complement driver and jennings perfectly

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I've indicated earlier that I love Dwayne Bowe, and that his physical style would compliment Driver and Jennings well.

As far as what you said, AADP, Meriweather is very good in coverage for a college S and is expected to run his 40 in under 4.5, so converting him to corner is possible, although he really is a true S.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well PFT is ****. They also have Bowe going to Buffalo at 12, even though Bowe will probably go in the bottom half of the 1st and Buffalo is very likely to go O or D line.

Reaction score
Yeah, that draft just seem a last minute type of thing that had a lot of oddities.

I must say though, if Jarrett falls out of the first round I'll be jumping around yelling at the TV "TRADE UP TED".

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I've indicated earlier that I love Dwayne Bowe, and that his physical style would compliment Driver and Jennings well.

As far as what you said, AADP, Meriweather is very good in coverage for a college S and is expected to run his 40 in under 4.5, so converting him to corner is possible, although he really is a true S.

Definitely, I'll take a 3rd round pick to move down and draft Dwayne Bowe, assuming Jarrett isnt on theboard of course

2nd round pick...I'm hoping one of Greg Olsen, Brian Leonard, or Merriweather

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to have any of the 3

Leonard is my first choice of the three,

You dont need to do something stupid liek trade for Randy Moss to improve an offense, not if you steadily improve yourself at other positions. Brandon Miree is serviceable but brings no offensive production, about a dozen catches and didnt even carry the ball

Correlate William Henderson and Bubba Franks' decline with our offensive production decline and you'll be surprised...if we can land Brian Leonard and a solid tight end, Eric Johnson would be wonderful, I'm already felling optimistic

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing, it sounds like the Packers can land one of the following impact players with that 16th pick: Lynch, Jarrett, Ginn, or Landry. I would be happy with any one of those guys. The CB would be a good long-term investment, but I'm hoping that first pick provides more immediate impact than a nickel back. And I would be very disappointed if Thompson took the LB, with the team already four deep at that position.

I guess I lean more toward Landry (or that other safety if Landry is already gone) and Ginn (because of this kick returning ability), but I'm not going to quibble. I trust that the Packer scouting department has put about a thousand times more thought into this matter than I ever will.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ginn will not be a Packer, I can almost guarantee it. MM will not settle for a 180 lb wr who can't get off a bump coverage. Yes, he has the potential for being a good special teams player, but do u want that for your 1st round pick. Maybe if you were a deep team yes, but not right now for the Packers.

For those of u who think safety, probably not going to happen either. Landry and Nelson will most likely be gone. Of the two, I would give them a tie as far as talent, coverage, and hitting. I think both are going to be quality players in the NFL.

TE is the surprise here. Greg Olson is a better te over Miller and is most likely the Bears pick at 31. Miller will slip to the second but would probably be taken before the Packers pick in the 2nd rd.

Who knows how this is going to play out after FA, but as of right now, I see a couple of possiblities at DE at this pick:

Adam Carricker Nebraska & Charles Johnson Georgia

I believe the best CB in the draft will also be available with
Daymeion Hughes Cal

The Packers might pass on the rb till the second round and trade down five times to draft Pittman from OSU. ( obviously sarcastic, but I could seeTT doing atleast one trade down maybe two to recover the Moss pick if it does happen)

I would love to see the new boards come next month after the combine and FA starts....

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to pick a RB!!
(Mr. Lynch seems a good pick. This kid got heart!!)

I don't want a TE drafted in the first round!!
(Cut Martin, keep Bubba and give him someone to compete against out of the third round, get a FA if possible)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts