1st Round Draft Pick

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we don't get Bush don't by surprised if we take D'brickshaw Ferguson - OT. He is #3 on ESPN's Big Board.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but we really don't need an offensive tackle. We have Clifton and Tauscher. Guard is our weakest position on our o-line.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um.....Clifton???? You want to keep Clifton? For what? He is just sucking up money and he is doing horribile! He cant block worth crap and how many false starts does he get in a game?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Um.....Clifton???? You want to keep Clifton? For what? He is just sucking up money and he is doing horribile! He cant block worth crap and how many false starts does he get in a game?
I'm not big on Clifton either. IMHO there are 4 spots on the O-line that need filling.
Tauscher is solid, Whittaker is a ? the rest should be reduced to Wells and Ruegamer.
Apparently this coaching staff doesn't like Ruegamer even though when he is on the field he is one of the more solid O-lineman no matter where he plays.
The coaching staff refuses to give up the U-71 package no matter what, so Barry will be probably gone to start for someone else. You would think when you are 3-12 with a putrid O-line you would sac the U-71 package to try something else.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If clifton could learn to count up to about 5, then he'd be OK.

The entire interior needs to be reworked though.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were thinking about moving Tauscher to Guard in the preseason. If we take Ferguson we could move Tauscher inside. Just a thought.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I have to disagree. I do not believe you spend a high 1st rounder on an O lineman, period. There are so many other positions that are so much harder to fill that this pick should be used on.

For every Willie Roaf, there are 10 Mark Tauschers.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That line we had in 03 was the best in football and clifton was the highest pick on that line. O line guys are easier to find in the 3rd or 4th. WE NEED AN IMPACT PLAYER.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fvre4mvp said:
That line we had in 03 was the best in football and clifton was the highest pick on that line. O line guys are easier to find in the 3rd or 4th. WE NEED AN IMPACT PLAYER.
I agree and I'm torn between a REAL middle linebacker and a running back or corner back or safety or def. end.
Lets face it I'm just torn. I'm glad I'm not TT. :crazy:

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about trading the pick down to get three/four quality picks later in the draft? Then we could get some O-line help. :feedback:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
skibum55...unless Bush is there (and maybe even if he is) I EXPECT TT to trade down...he's tightwad ted, and values draft picks.

It's not the worst logic in the world, either. All draft picks are a shot in the dark. So why not have more opportunities at the top end of the draft to up your odds of selecting a player or two that pans out?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going to get a really high draft pick. Here is what you do. You take the best player available without regard to position. What this team needs is impact players, guys who can turn the game around at any time. We need a blue chip player and someone who can step in and play right away. If that's an offensive guard, good! If it's a linebacker or a defensive end good. If it's Matt Leinert that's great. Just draft a player that can amke an impact.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lineman are a dime a dozen. i don't get why everyone says trade down and get some QUALITY picks. if you are trading down, you are going for quantity.

Members online

Latest posts