1st Place

Cdnpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about an optimistic post. After our win today we will be tied in first place with the Bears and the Lions. :D

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eh, not really. we'd have the same record, yes sir. but in the standings we'd be...2nd i think.

OP
OP
C

Cdnpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You maybe techincally right but a win means we are right in the thick of things and with the so called favorite Vikequeens stumbling along with two humilating defeats means things are looking up in GB!

OP
OP
C

Cdnpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may have spoke too soon. Cleveland's up 19-7 if this keeps up the only thing we'll be first at is having the first pick in next years draft!

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnpackerfan said:
How about an optimistic post. After our win today we will be tied in first place with the Bears and the Lions. :D

How about we are tied with the Vikings :cry: :shock:

OP
OP
C

Cdnpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I guess we can't count on anything any more even a win against one of the worst teams in football.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnpackerfan said:
Yes I guess we can't count on anything any more even a win against one of the worst teams in football.

Hard to swallow.. I admit to being spoiled over the last 13 years, and it's been a great ride of winning seasons etc.. but damn, it doesn't make it any easier to take..

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I am the Lion I have to deal with 40 guys at my comapny everyday, I know about this we took this company out of bankrupcity 5 years ago with: hard work, determination, etc, etc, etc.... And now we are the best company in this area in Latin America. So maybe I understand a littole bit about coaching people....

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnpackerfan said:
I may have spoke too soon. Cleveland's up 19-7 if this keeps up the only thing we'll be first at is having the first pick in next years draft!
You know, maybe that's what we need. With all the winning we've done in the last 12 years we haven't had a very high draft pick. Perhaps we need to just lose this year to get a high draft pick, make some good trades, sign quality free agents and then kick butt for a few years.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Cdnpackerfan said:
You know, maybe that's what we need. With all the winning we've done in the last 12 years we haven't had a very high draft pick. Perhaps we need to just lose this year to get a high draft pick, make some good trades, sign quality free agents and then kick butt for a few years.

LOTS of football left. Way too early to pack it up.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
ORRELSE said:
LOTS of football left. Way too early to pack it up.
That is so cliche.

Well its 2 games into the season and we are 1 game out of first place in the division. Cliche or not, the truth hurts for the doomsayers, doesn't it?
I see today who the real fans are, the ones calling for the first pick in the draft, the ones calling for Sherman's head. :roll:

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Well its 2 games into the season and we are 1 game out of first place in the division. Cliche or not, the truth hurts for you doomsayers, doesn't it?
I see today who the real fans are, the ones calling for the first pick in the draft, the ones calling for Sherman's head. :roll

I'm not a doomsayer and I've never called for Sherman's head. Go ahead and review all my posts. All I'm saying is that maybe we need to have a losing season to get better positioning in the draft and build for the following years.

However, I'm not going to blindly believe the Packers are an awesome team this year. I think the best that they can do is the same as last year (placement and playoffs wise) and the defense will rank a little higher this year.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
ORRELSE said:
Well its 2 games into the season and we are 1 game out of first place in the division. Cliche or not, the truth hurts for you doomsayers, doesn't it?
I see today who the real fans are, the ones calling for the first pick in the draft, the ones calling for Sherman's head. :roll

I'm not a doomsayer and I've never called for Sherman's head. Go ahead and review all my posts. All I'm saying is that maybe we need to have a losing season to get better positioning in the draft and build for the following years.

However, I'm not going to blindly believe the Packers are an awesome team this year. I think the best that they can do is the same as last year (placement and playoffs wise) and the defense will rank a little higher this year.

rabid....didn't mean to call YOU a doomsayer--notice I went back and edited that post and changed it to "the" doomsayers.

I just think its way too early to call it quits when the consensus preseason pick for last place is sitting atop the division. We play SO many games that will have a bearing on how the division finishes. Too early to talk about draft picks or anyting else for next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts