1st packers mock fanspeak/cbs board

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Whatever everyone's opinion on Mixon is, the facts are he hit a woman, breaking bones in her face, Mixon was 18 yrs old (which isn't an excuse that he was young) He was suspended for one yr by Oklahoma for the incident, and then played 2 more yrs of college ball. Mixon took the steps with his lawyer to release the video to the public, and I haven't been able to find any info on whether that video, or him being quiet about the case to the public for the past 2-3 yrs was a court order or not. I feel he did pay a penalty of not playing for a yr. I'm sure he has paid $ to the victim or will in the future. He has made a public apology, and I believe he has a right to make a living in the NFL. At the moment he is dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's saying it is never acceptable to hit a woman, he regrets and lives w/ that decision everyday, and seems to be trying to make some amends on the incident. Whatever team drafts him is going to have a $h!t show to deal with for the first couple weeks, IMO, and if the Packers draft him, I will support him as a football player...as a person he will have to make good decisions, get involved in a program speaking out against violence against women, and he should be on a short leash with the NFL of zero tolerance. AP hit his kids, Vick and the fighting dog ring, along with 100's of players in the NFL have had domestic abuse charges and are still playing in the NFL, so why not Mixon...I believe in 2nd chances, just don't screw up that 2nd chance

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You've never known anyone who would strike back after getting physically assaulted? Must be from a small town, I live in a fairly large city and stuff happens all the time.

You calling what Molitor did to Mixon a physical assault and following it up with the notion that some how that gave him the right to do what he did back is sad and a reflection on some of what is wrong in the world today.

This is the kind of attitude that needs to change in this world...."stuff happens all the time" so we should ignore it. Is that your excuse for Mixon or the excuse you have for telling people "nahhhh, its OK, everyone does that stuff". My Mother used to ask me all the time "If your friend jumps off a bridge, are you going to?". Just because Ray Rice or Joe Mixon or any of the other million "non-media making" people assault someone in the world on a yearly basis, it doesn't make it right, small town or big town.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Mixon took the steps with his lawyer to release the video to the public
The video was released after the Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters sued for its access. Mixons attorney knew it was going to be released and wanted to get out ahead of it by releasing it under his terms, knowing full well the incident was now going to get full coverage and he needed to be proactive.

He has made a public apology

This was made 2 1/2 years after the incident, right before the video was released, through a letter, from his attorney.

AP hit his kids, Vick and the fighting dog ring, along with 100's of players in the NFL have had domestic abuse charges and are still playing in the NFL, so why not Mixon

Somehow that reads to me "It happens all the time, so we should ignore/forgive it". Did you notice the public response to any of the incidents you listed? Or the responses to Josh Brown or Ray Rice? Fortunately, most of the rest of us are no longer in acceptance or tolerant of this kind of behavior.

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You calling what Molitor did to Mixon a physical assault and following it up with the notion that some how that gave him the right to do what he did back is sad and a reflection on some of what is wrong in the world today.

This is the kind of attitude that needs to change in this world...."stuff happens all the time" so we should ignore it. Is that your excuse for Mixon or the excuse you have for telling people "nahhhh, its OK, everyone does that stuff". My Mother used to ask me all the time "If your friend jumps off a bridge, are you going to?". Just because Ray Rice or Joe Mixon or any of the other million "non-media making" people assault someone in the world on a yearly basis, it doesn't make it right, small town or big town.
Nobody said it was right, but it's common, people get punished for it, learn their lesson and move on. It's really depressing that people can't get over what that kid did. He doesn't have a history of it and hasn't done it since.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, he didn't get physically assaulted. I wonder what you would think about him if he wasn't a talented football player possibly being drafted by your favorite team.

He did get assaulted if only by definition. I don't care that he's a football player and honestly that makes me a bit biased against his case because I have no patience for people who think they can get away from stuff just due to their status and I find most football players to be clueless and a lot are thugs, including majority of NFL players. I watch for entertainment value, not because I have emotions invested in the individual players. The item here is people who think women hitting men is okay and that primitive line of thinking should die. Nobody hitting anyone is okay, mixon struck in retaliation and that, although extremely bad, is less frowned upon by me. I think she got what she deserved and if that makes you or anyone else think less of me, so be it. I can't stand when women hit men and think nothing will happen to them.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think she got what she deserved and if that makes you or anyone else think less of me, so be it.

That's just plain and simple a terrible thing to say and completely ignorant. I'm done discussing about it with you.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are going to be some corners drafted early 1st and mid 1st that will be overshadowed at the next level by 2nd and 3rd round Cbs. Awuzie and Sutton are 2 that will be studs next level.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
The video was released after the Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters sued for its access. Mixons attorney knew it was going to be released and wanted to get out ahead of it by releasing it under his terms, knowing full well the incident was now going to get full coverage and he needed to be proactive.

This was made 2 1/2 years after the incident, right before the video was released, through a letter, from his attorney.

Somehow that reads to me "It happens all the time, so we should ignore/forgive it". Did you notice the public response to any of the incidents you listed? Or the responses to Josh Brown or Ray Rice? Fortunately, most of the rest of us are no longer in acceptance or tolerant of this kind of behavior.
1. Maybe there was a gag order and they couldn't discuss it earlier. 2. I read in an article that he apologized for the incident, if it took 2 1/2 yrs to happen maybe he couldn't discuss the case or have any contact w/ the victim. It didn't say anything about through a letter in that article. 3. I said he has a right to make a living, I'm not tolerant to his behavior, it makes me sick. I'm just saying other NFL players are still playing after doing the same thing, and it seems like some feel this kid should never play a down in the NFL...If that's the case then they all should be banned from playing in the NFL, not just one person. Sorry Poppa San, I just wanted to respond to his response, to defend my post ~ DoURant

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Next time just move the quote and reply into the proper thread. Cut and paste works in that instance really well.
I see you guys quote parts of posts and posts from 3 different peoples posts in one post all the time and I'm like "how the heck did they do that". Hopefully I'll figure it out one of these days, I'm one of them old guys that knows what he has to, in order to get by, on a computer, and not much else.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
There are going to be some corners drafted early 1st and mid 1st that will be overshadowed at the next level by 2nd and 3rd round Cbs. Awuzie and Sutton are 2 that will be studs next level.
I really like Awuzie and would draft him in the 1st rd, he is flying under the radar. Other guys I would take at #29 besides Awuzie are Marlon Humphrey, Gareon Conley, and Kevin King. Tre'Davious White and Quincy Wilson are fringe 1st rd talent, IMO, and I would put them in the 1st 10 picks of the 2nd rd. If we could get Awuzie in the 1st, and Sutton in the 3rd, I'd be happy as hell.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Awuzie and would draft him in the 1st rd, he is flying under the radar. Other guys I would take at #29 besides Awuzie are Marlon Humphrey, Gareon Conley, and Kevin King. Tre'Davious White and Quincy Wilson are fringe 1st rd talent, IMO, and I would put them in the 1st 10 picks of the 2nd rd. If we could get Awuzie in the 1st, and Sutton in the 3rd, I'd be happy as hell.
King would be my 1st choice at #29 but I would take Awuzie also. He will be a solid pro, better pure CB than Randall imo. We disagree on Conley though, I have him on my bust list and being drafted between 10-20. But most scouts have him being a stud. I also think King will be better pro than Marlon Humphrey! Just my opinion.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
King would be my 1st choice at #29 but I would take Awuzie also. He will be a solid pro, better pure CB than Randall imo. We disagree on Conley though, I have him on my bust list and being drafted between 10-20. But most scouts have him being a stud. I also think King will be better pro than Marlon Humphrey! Just my opinion.
I think Conley is the guy who rises w/ Sidney Jones injury. I think Humphrey is also gone before our pick. I know we had an interview with him, so definitely some kind of interest there. If either fell to us, I think they both could be our pick, if they are gone, I hope we take either King or Awuzie w/ that pick if they are there. Awuzie is my 1st choice over all of them, but just by a hair over King, Humphrey is 3rd, and Conley is 4th.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to do my favorite 3 big boards, I wish I had discovered this sooner, this is fun!

BR - Matt Miller/Fanspeak

1. Quincy Wilson - CB/Florida
2. Ryan Anderson - OLB/Alabama
3. Ethan Pocic - C/LSU
4. Wayne Gallman - RB/Clemson
5. ArDarius Stewart - WR/Alabama
5. Chad Wheeler - C/USC
6. Davon Godchaux - DL/LSU
7. Nate Hairston - CB/Temple

This sim made me work for my picks. BUT I did however address needs, just not as well as I had hoped. Wilson steps in to man our #1 CB and Anderson brings the much needed assistance on the edge opposite CM3. Pocic is considered as one of if not the best C in the Draft but can also play G, I like that flexibility. I honestly would have traded back instead of taking Gallman but oh well. Stewart takes care of TT's WR fix. Wheeler is another C that initially started out as a LT at USC, so again flexibility. I'm not huge on Godchaux but he can rotate in and hopefully provide some help in the run game. Hairston is a developmental prospect who started out as a WR (As did Richard Sherman) so who knows what may happen with him.

CBS/Fanspeak

1. Derek Barnett - OLB/Tennessee
2. Dan Feeny - G/Indiana
3. Ryan Anderson - OLB/Alabama
4. Shaquill Griffin - CB/UCF
5. Bucky Hodges - TE/VT
5. Damonte Kazee - CB/SDSU
6. Josh Carraway - OLB/ TCU
7. Joe Williams - RB/Utah

Probably my worst draft. If this was our future, at least we could definitely say the LB Corps should make the CB group look good. Barnett could move CM3 inside with Martinez and Anderson could start on the outside. Feeny would be a great Guard who would already have chemistry opposite Spriggs fron their Indiana days. Unfortunately I missed the run on CBs and had to do what I could on the backend. Griffin runs 4.28 so he just needs to be coached up. Kazee isn't quite as fast but has some size and again just needs coaching. Carraway could challenge Fackrell for reps and Williams I believe is great value for the 7th.

Walter/Fanspeak

1. Forrest Lamp - G/WKU
2. Desmond King - CB/Iowa
3. Tim Williams - OLB/Alabama
4. Samaje Perrine - RB/Oklahoma
5. Jordan Morgan - Kutztown
5. Jarron Jones - DL/Notre Dame
6. Stacy Coley - WR/Miami
7. Darius English - OLB/South Carolina

This may be a more realistic Draft. When Lamp came up I had to take him. I'm not huge on King but it was either him or nobody at all really since I missed the run on CBs. I like Tim Williams and thought he was incredible value in the 3rd, along with Perrine in the 4th, definitely feel like I won those rounds. Morgan is a small school prospect who I believe has Pro Bowl potential. I had to reach for Jones and I'm not big on him but hopefully he could turn out better than just a rotational player. Coley could challenge the lesser WRs on the roster for playing time, and English is a developmental guy who could challenge the lesser LBs if he adds bulk.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This is about the best we can hope for.

1.Charles Harris, Edge, Mizzou, I think he might be the best day 1 pure pass rusher in the draft and that's what Packers Need.

2.Fabian Moreau, Corner, UCLA, I think he falls to us in 2nd because of injury. Everyone has there favorite corner in this draft but I think he fits the best with what Capers and Packers D likes to do. He can open the hips and go and also has good ball skills. Has necessary speed too. Very fluid player.

3. Carlos Henderson, WR, LA Tech, Basically a more explosive Randall Cobb. Might be the only pick I have here that won't be on the board when Packers pick.

4. Marlon Mack, RB, USF, Mack is getting lost in the shuffle with all the RB draft talk but make no mistake this guy can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. He can also break tackles and catch the ball. He would pair nicely with Monty.

5. Jalen Myrick, Corner, Minnesota, I just see huge huge value here for a 5th round pick. Hopefully could make impact in slot by end of season and bench Rollins.

5. Kyle Kalis, G, Michigan, Solid Guard prospect.

6. Darreus Rogers, WR, USC, Big time playmaker at USC that didn't have the best combine type numbers. It's a 6the round gamble.

7 Ben Boulware, LB, Clemson, Great college football player that doesn't lack any intangibles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Walter/Fanspeak

1. Forrest Lamp - G/WKU
2. Desmond King - CB/Iowa
3. Tim Williams - OLB/Alabama
4. Samaje Perrine - RB/Oklahoma
5. Jordan Morgan - Kutztown
5. Jarron Jones - DL/Notre Dame
6. Stacy Coley - WR/Miami
7. Darius English - OLB/South Carolina

This may be a more realistic Draft. When Lamp came up I had to take him.

I highly doubt Thompson will select a guard with the 29th pick as he has never invested anything more than a mid round pick on the position.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will never say Mixon was 100% to blame for the situation. EVERYONE in that restaurant screwed up, if ONLY for making sure his sorry a** didn't walk out of there conscious. You don't do that, for any reason under any circumstance. I don't want him on this team, if we draft him, I will draft a letter to Mark myself calling for Ted's job, and an apology from Mark for allowing it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I will never say Mixon was 100% to blame for the situation. EVERYONE in that restaurant screwed up, if ONLY for making sure his sorry a** didn't walk out of there conscious. You don't do that, for any reason under any circumstance. I don't want him on this team, if we draft him, I will draft a letter to Mark myself calling for Ted's job, and an apology from Mark for allowing it.

I don't think your gonna need to draft a letter. Mixon won't make it to Packers in 2nd round even and like it already has been posted TT would probably not bite on him until the 3rd at the earliest.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Mike Williams. WR Clemson
2. Ryan Anderson OLB Alabama
3. Jourdan Lewis. CB Michigan
4. Brian Hill. RB Wyoming
5. Jalen Myrick. CB Minnesota
5 Kyle Kalis. G Michigan
6. Hunter Dimick OLB Utah
7. Sam Tevi. T Utah

There is no corner at 29 that is gonna come in and make a day 1 difference for us. Williams has dropped and what an opportunity to get a big time receiver. Adding him to what is already in place is pretty exciting. This would also be drafting the best player on the board.

Lewis and Myrick are both good prospects. Anderson gives us some edge rush. Dimick could be a steal. I really like Hill.

If TT would of brought in a no.1 corner via free agency we would be set with this.

only concern with Lewis and Myrick is they are both pretty small.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Unless there is an absolute steal of a CB in the 3rd or later, I don't see any being taken beyond the first 2 rounds, especially if one is taken with one of our first 2 picks. The Packers currently have 7 CB's on the roster, many of who saw snaps last year. I have to (hate to) believe that TT thinks these guys are worthy of still being there, so following that logic, I wouldn't be able to understand using mid round picks on someone that will probably have to be protected on the 53 man roster, but not ready to play anything but special teams. Of course, that is the way most of us currently feel about many of the current 7 CB's on the roster.

That might sound like an endorsement for our current group and it isn't, it's more of an observation based on the way TT has been addressing the needs at CB. Obviously with the severity of Goodson's knee injury and Waters being a total unknown (to us), that could reduce the current group down to 5.

Latest posts