1st packers mock fanspeak/cbs board

D

Deleted member 6794

That's crazy talk just watch the dudes tape. they are playing football not a contest to see whose a good person. I'm sure out of 63 players 53 plus practice squad there are a significant number of terrible human beings on every team. just like there are terrible human beings everywhere in life. Also dalvin cook punched a woman in the face and it was all over ESPN a few years back and no one is questioning if he should be drafted. I don't get the double standard. jordan Lewis just got a domestic violence and it doesn't seem likely to cause him to slide much. the funny thing is you say that and BB probably leaked that and now watch new England will take him in the first round

I don't want to talk about Mixon assault case anymore as in my opinion too much has already been said about it. But I don't want the Packers to draft him.

BTW I don't consider him to be the most talented running back in this year's draft.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure how improving our offense actually improves the play of our defense. Have you seen our defense play with a big lead? While scoring more points this year might be needed to win games, I don't see our defense getting any better due to the play of the offense.

Whose the packers best defensive player? Aaron Rodgers because he keeps the defense off the field. it's not about making the defense play better it's about making them play less and keeping them out of bad situations. How much worse would d have been if we had some qb turning the ball over in our territory all the time

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to talk about Mixon assault case anymore as in my opinion too much has already been said about it. But I don't want the Packers to draft him.

BTW I don't consider him to be the most talented running back in this year's draft.

who you got as best every down running back that has the size to hold up to the punishment a every down nfl running back takes?

D

Deleted member 6794

who you got as best every down running back that has the size to hold up to the punishment a every down nfl running back takes?

In my opinion Dalvin Cook is the most talented running back in this year's draft.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My fear as well and something that history has almost proven, hasn't done **** for the future of the WR group, a group that may be slim in talent after this season. If Adams isn't resigned and Cobb is cut due to his contract, I think most of us are going to spend the 2018 Free Agent period salivating over Wide Receivers that TT won't be signing.

Ted's contract is up after this season. It won't be Ted making the decision.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ted's contract is up after this season. It won't be Ted making the decision.

Although the details of Thompson's contract haven't been made public, it is has been speculated that his contract is up at the end of the 2018 season and I believe not until after the 2019 draft?

D

Deleted member 6794

Although the details of Thompson's contract haven't been made public, it is has been speculated that his contract is up at the end of the 2018 season and I believe not until after the 2019 draft?

There are varying reports about Thompson's contract either running through the 2018 draft or season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I kind of like this one I just did on Fanspeak

1. Tredavious White - CB
2. TJ Watt - Edge
3. Juju Schuster - WR
4. Pat Eilflein - C
5. Brian Hill - RB
5C. Charles Walker - DL
6. Marquel Lee - LB
7. Brendan Langley - CB

I stayed very close to the top of the list of ranked availables on this one. I'd be happy with something like this though I was hoping to get a TE in the 5-7 rounds.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I hadn't used a simulator this would be my mock

1. TJ Watt LB
2. Chidobe Awuzie CB
3. Chris Godwin WR
4. Ethan Pocic OL
5. Elijah Lee LB
5. Shaquille Griffen CB
6. DJ Jones DL
7. Joe Williams RB

Not bad. But I think Watt and Awuzie should flip. Awuzie is a Day 1 starter. It would be nice if Pocic falls to the 3-4th round.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I kind of like this one I just did on Fanspeak

1. Tredavious White - CB
2. TJ Watt - Edge
3. Juju Schuster - WR
4. Pat Eilflein - C
5. Brian Hill - RB
5C. Charles Walker - DL
6. Marquel Lee - LB
7. Brendan Langley - CB

I stayed very close to the top of the list of ranked availables on this one. I'd be happy with something like this though I was hoping to get a TE in the 5-7 rounds.

Watt won't still be there when the Packers pick #61. He may not even be there when they pick at #29. If the Packers want Watt, they are either going to have to take him with their first pick or at best, trade back into the early part of the second round and hope he is still there.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Did a Fanspeak Mock draft tonight, Used Kyle Crabbs and fans choice for needs. Decided to take the highest rated player w/ my 1st pick and go from there. I really like this mock...very unrealistic where some of these guys fell, but....

1. Budda Baker S Washington ( I'd play him at nickel this yr and if we lose HaHa or Burnett S next yr)
2 Forrest Lamp G W Kentucky
3. Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma
4 Kevin King CB Washington
5a Tim Williams EDGE Alabama
5b Josh Malone WR Tennessee
6 Anthony Walker LB Northwestern
7 DeAngelo Brown DL Louisville

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Joe Mixon RB
2. Jordan Willis OLB
3. Chidobe Awuzie DB
4. Chris Godwin WR
5. Duke Riley ILB
5. Alex Anzalone ILB
6. DJ Jones DL
7. Joe Williams RB

Sky King

Reaction score
At some point Mixon or any other player, forumite, relative, friend, YOU, etc. who has ever gotten themselves in trouble is either going to contritely earn their redemption or not. I'm really curious what it would take for some of you to definitively make such a judgment about Mixon, particularly the redemption part. We are all well aware of what he did, so a rehash of all that is not really necessary and would not address the question, which is:

What would it take for you, personally, to forgive and forget Mixon's well-known mistakes and be able to welcome him to this team?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
At some point Mixon or any other player, forumite, relative, friend, YOU, etc. who has ever gotten themselves in trouble is either going to contritely earn their redemption or not. I'm really curious what it would take for some of you to definitively make such a judgment about Mixon, particularly the redemption part. We are all well aware of what he did, so a rehash of all that is not really necessary and would not address the question, which is:

What would it take for you, personally, to forgive and forget Mixon's well-known mistakes and be able to welcome him to this team?

That shipped sailed for me already. In the almost 3 years since the incident, he hasn't done a thing (that I am aware of) to try and prove he deserves a second chance. He seems to have spent those 3 years trying to take no responsibility as well as hide from it. Even his fall parking lot ticket incident says to me he hasn't grown up or changed who he is.

Time, action and true remorse could have changed things for Mixon. Had Mixon actually shown some remorse BEFORE he and/or his agent figured out that he needed to in order to save his career, I would be looking at this a bit differently. What he did was BAD.....but somewhat "explainable" and eventually, possibly something I would have said, "OK, he made a huge mistake, but he has made big strides forward because of it and he is a better man." Instead, he seems to have been in denial of doing anything wrong or correcting his own moral compass.

Now if for some reason the Packers did draft Mixon, it would take time and a lot of things to happen for me to ever get behind him, none of which would have anything to do with what he does on the football field. When you make a "mistake", you make amends. Mixon has not.

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Already have forgiven him, even though he doesn't need forgiveness from me because it's not in my place to do so. "He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone" type of thing. He's been punished already for something he did years ago, he was what a 17 or 18 year old kid then? and hasn't made any noteworthy trouble since. I'd welcome him to this team with open arms, he'd make the offense that much more potent. People who are demonizing him for a stupid act he made in retaliation as an immature kid years back are irrational.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was an immature kid once too, did some stupid things. I feel confident in my ability to judge stupid acts, as I've done many of them. But stupid acts don't generally sit that uneasy with me. I saw that video, and it wasn't just a stupid act from an immature kid. I don't think I've ever known anybody in my life who would have had that reaction to that situation. It doesn't qualify as just some stupid act to me

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was an immature kid once too, did some stupid things. I feel confident in my ability to judge stupid acts, as I've done many of them. But stupid acts don't generally sit that uneasy with me. I saw that video, and it wasn't just a stupid act from an immature kid. I don't think I've ever known anybody in my life who would have had that reaction to that situation. It doesn't qualify as just some stupid act to me

You've never known anyone who would strike back after getting physically assaulted? Must be from a small town, I live in a fairly large city and stuff happens all the time.

D

Deleted member 6794

You've never known anyone who would strike back after getting physically assaulted? Must be from a small town, I live in a fairly large city and stuff happens all the time.

Geez, he didn't get physically assaulted. I wonder what you would think about him if he wasn't a talented football player possibly being drafted by your favorite team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
assaulted, yes. what happened to Mixon? No. Assault? LOL. What happened to Mixon looked like a little jaw session he was having with probably a drunk woman at 2:40 am. I remember the time a mouthy DB was trying to start fights downtown one night and shoved me. Didn't have to throw a single punch to let him know he was making a mistake.

and I am from a small town, fights over the most mundane things are common to keep pecking orders while growing up. But then I graduated to slightly bigger towns like La Crosse, then Madison. Then St. Louis and Chicago and now back to a nice little midwestern city in NE Wisconsin.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I hadn't used a simulator this would be my mock

1. TJ Watt LB
2. Chidobe Awuzie CB
3. Chris Godwin WR
4. Ethan Pocic OL
5. Elijah Lee LB
5. Shaquille Griffen CB
6. DJ Jones DL
7. Joe Williams RB
I like this one a lot, but I highly suspect player won't fall to the rounds you have them. Especially Pocic and Williams.

Latest posts