1. Mike Williams. WR Clemson
2. Ryan Anderson OLB Alabama
3. Jourdan Lewis. CB Michigan
4. Brian Hill. RB Wyoming
5. Jalen Myrick. CB Minnesota
5 Kyle Kalis. G Michigan
6. Hunter Dimick OLB Utah
7. Sam Tevi. T Utah

There is no corner at 29 that is gonna come in and make a day 1 difference for us. Williams has dropped and what an opportunity to get a big time receiver. Adding him to what is already in place is pretty exciting. This would also be drafting the best player on the board.

Lewis and Myrick are both good prospects. Anderson gives us some edge rush. Dimick could be a steal. I really like Hill.

If TT would of brought in a no.1 corner via free agency we would be set with this.

Last edited:

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just completed using simulator.

1. Adoree Jackson - CB
2. T.j. Watt - Edge
3. Jaleel Johnson - DL
4. Jake Butt - TE
5. Peter Kalambayi - LB
5. T. J. Logan - RB
6. Tyus Bowser - LB
7. Dare Ogunbawale - RB
That would be an incredible draft. The only thing I would switch would be Cam Sutton for Johnson in 3rd and Ralph Green for Kalambayi in 5th! I'm also not in love with Adoree as a 1st but he could have a solid career.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Mike Williams. WR Clemson
2. Ryan Anderson OLB Alabama
3. Jourdan Lewis. CB Michigan
4. Brian Hill. RB Wyoming
5. Jalen Myrick. CB Minnesota
5 Kyle Kalis. G Michigan
6. Hunter Dimick OLB Utah
7. Sam Tevi. T Utah

There is no corner at 29 that is gonna come in and make a day 1 difference for us. Williams has dropped and what an opportunity to get a big time receiver. Adding him to what is already in place is pretty exciting. This would also be drafting the best player on the board.

Lewis and Myrick are both good prospects. Anderson gives us some edge rush. Dimick could be a steal. I really like Hill.

If TT would of brought in a no.1 corner via free agency we would be set with this.
I see Williams being 1st WR off board in top 10 or 12 though I think Corey Davis will be the better pro!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I see Williams being 1st WR off board in top 10 or 12 though I think Corey Davis will be the better pro!

Yes, Davis is the more explosive of the two but I think there both gonna be pretty darn good receivers in NFL.

I would think Williams wiil be gone as well, however he is popping up more and more as on the board when the Packers pick. Well see what happens.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's very doubtful Watt, Johnson and Butt would be available at the bottom of the second, third and fourth rounds respectively. Ogunbewale had a very slow 40 at the combine so he will likely be lucky just to sign an unfa contract. If the Packers could land the guys that you have projected it would be great but its extremely doubtful.

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First post here! I see some of the names in my fanspeak mock popped up in other mocks here. I usually like to use the Optimum Scouting big board, but they didn't have it uploaded yet when I went on, so this is using the Fanspeak big board.

1. Dan Feeney
2. Isaiah Ford
3. Ryan Anderson
4. Ethan Pocic
5. Howard Wilson
6. Artavis Scott
7. Elijah Hood
8. Ezra Robinson

D

Deleted member 6794

First post here! I see some of the names in my fanspeak mock popped up in other mocks here. I usually like to use the Optimum Scouting big board, but they didn't have it uploaded yet when I went on, so this is using the Fanspeak big board.

1. Dan Feeney
2. Isaiah Ford
3. Ryan Anderson
4. Ethan Pocic
5. Howard Wilson
6. Artavis Scott
7. Elijah Hood
8. Ezra Robinson

Welcome to the forum.

Taking a look at your mock draft there's no way the Packers should wait until the fifth round to select a cornerback.

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So let us suppose that the top four CB are gone by the time the Packers pick (Lattimore, Humphrey, Tabor, and Wilson). Would you rather them pick Tre'Davious White in the first? I mean I think they could trade back if he is their target. But all in all I'd be good with switching White for Feeney. I'd like the balance of four offensive picks and four defensive.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So let us suppose that the top four CB are gone by the time the Packers pick (Lattimore, Humphrey, Tabor, and Wilson). Would you rather them pick Tre'Davious White in the first? I mean I think they could trade back if he is their target. But all in all I'd be good with switching White for Feeney. I'd like the balance of four offensive picks and four defensive.

I don't think you need to take a guard in 1st round. I think you can get something comparable in middle rounds. I would be shocked if TT took a guard in 1st or 2nd round.

D

Deleted member 6794

Unfortunately Thompson has put the team into a position in which he might has to select the best cornerback available at #29. In addition he has never selected a guard that early but addressed the position with mid-round prospects that played tackle in college.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't expect the Packers to find a CB at the #29 pick who will be an instant impact player. So depending on how confident TT is with his current young group of CB's, the last thing I would want to see the Packers do is "reach" with that first pick and find a CB who "might" be the guy in a few years or would have still been available in the second round. I'm hoping when the Packers are on the clock the board is still heavy with Defensive impact players and they can trade back 5-6 spots with a team like Jacksonville/San Fran, swap our #1 for their #2 and a 4th rounder. Use the first #2 for a guy who we would have picked in the first round anyway. Sidney Jones is the CB I would keep my eye on, depending on the prognosis of his achilles injury, he might still be on the board when the Packers pick in the 3rd or if they think they need to move up in the 3rd to get him, trade that 4th pick away to go get him. Kevin King would be a nice pick at #61, but I think he will be gone by then.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't expect the Packers to find a CB at the #29 pick who will be an instant impact player. So depending on how confident TT is with his current young group of CB's, the last thing I would want to see the Packers do is "reach" with that first pick and find a CB who "might" be the guy in a few years or would have still been available in the second round.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like to have to draft the BCBA either but it's possible Thompson is forced to because of the situation he has put the team in.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I don't like to have to draft the BCBA either but it's possible Thompson is forced to because of the situation he has put the team in.
Oh I totally agree with you that he may have to, at least the way you, I and many others are perceiving the need at the CB position. I'm not so sure TT is perceiving that need as great as the rest of us though. However, no matter how TT views the need, whether he does or doesn't reach for a CB , if 2017 goes down as another year with terrible play at the position, it's time to bring someone in who can identify needs and address them in a timely manner. The Packers limped through a few seasons with marginal TE's and ILB's while TT did very little to address the positions, 2 straight years of poor play by the CB's might just be his swan song.

D

Deleted member 6794

Oh I totally agree with you that he may have to, at least the way you, I and many others are perceiving the need at the CB position. I'm not so sure TT is perceiving that need as great as the rest of us though.

I really have no idea how there's any other way to look at the talent at cornerback after watching them struggle mightily last season than to realize the position is in dire need of an upgrade.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I really have no idea how there's any other way to look at the talent at cornerback after watching them struggle mightily last season than to realize the position is in dire need of an upgrade.
Again agreed. However, by only signing Devon House in Free Agency, Ted Thompson is telling me that he doesn't perceive there to be that great of a need. He can't be foolish enough to think if there was, he could "fix it" for 2017 with House and via the draft, at least with only a #29 pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

Again agreed. However, by only signing Devon House in Free Agency, Ted Thompson is telling me that he doesn't perceive there to be that great of a need. He can't be foolish enough to think if there was, he could "fix it" for 2017 with House and via the draft, at least with only a #29 pick.

While I agree that House doesn't address the Packers need for a #1 cornerback it seems Thompson is foolish enough to perceive there isn't a need for one on the roster.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

1. Dan Feeney
2. Isaiah Ford
3. Ryan Anderson
4. Ethan Pocic
5. Howard Wilson
6. Artavis Scott
7. Elijah Hood
8. Ezra Robinson
I'd be mildly surprised if our first pick at 29 is anything other than either an OLB or Defensive lineman unless someone that Thompson really likes drops precipitously. Would not be surprised by a trade back to the 34-40 pick range as well which at pick 40 could possibly result in just about anything.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd be mildly surprised if our first pick at 29 is anything other than either an OLB or Defensive lineman unless someone that Thompson really likes drops precipitously.

I don't see the need for the Packers to draft a defensive lineman in the first round.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think it's gonna come down to Fabian Moreau or Tre'Davius White at #29 for us if they go corner in round 1.

It's really hard for me to pick between the two. I really like Moreau and how fluid he is while I like White's versatility and ability to return punts. They both look like really good prospects and both fit our system.

This is a really tough call.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's gonna come down to Fabian Moreau or Tre'Davius White at #29 for us if they go corner in round 1.

It's really hard for me to pick between the two. I really like Moreau and how fluid he is while I like White's versatility and ability to return punts. They both look like really good prospects and both fit our system.

I would take Kevin King over both of them! Even in the 1st, this guy is going to be a flat out stud watch!

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't expect Moreau to be drafted in the first round after he had surgery for a torn pectoral muscle last week and will be sidelined for a few months.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kevin King won't be there when they draft at 29.

Not saying he is the pick the Packers should take at #29, but I have seen him on mock drafts as far back as pick #53, so I wouldn't rule him out at #29. There is a large group of talented CB's that are predicted to go mid 1st to early 3rd, so for my money I would rather the Packers wait and use their #2 pick on a CB and get more of an impact player with their #1.

Members online

Latest posts