1st offical fire Sherman thread of the regular season.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone had to start it. My gut says this will be the last year for Mr Sherman.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:

Honestly dude. Do you think you are the first to start a thread asking for Sherman's head? Welcome to the Packer Forum! :roll:

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i liked what CBS did, they zoomed in on sherman's face and flashed this stat sometime before halftime "Green Bay Offense in 2005: 18 possessions, 5 INT, 1 td

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a difference.

The others were just "Fire Sherman." threads.

This is one has been called "Official."

It is the "First Official fire Sherman thread of the regular season."

The other threads were not official. It is kind of like... "New and improved." New and improved comes after "First Offical."

Next week there will be a "New And Improved Fire Sherman Thread."

Then in week four we will get the "First Official- New and Improved Fire Sherman Thread."

I am going to go drink Jack and Coke now using my "New and Improved tolerance to alcohol."

RP

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is the "First Official fire Sherman thread of the regular season."

The other threads were not official. It is kind of like... "New and improved." New and improved comes after "First Offical."

Next week there will be a "New And Improved Fire Sherman Thread."

Then in week four we will get the "First Official- New and Improved Fire Sherman Thread."

RP

with every week that goes by, and there's still a need for the "fire sherman thread" the language will get more and more coarse...i say TT cuts off the need for us having to make new names for the fire sherman thread...by just firing him

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with every week that goes by, and there's still a need for the "fire sherman thread" the language will get more and more coarse...i say TT cuts off the need for us having to make new names for the fire sherman thread...by just firing him

Who could we complain about then? Oh, I forgot about Tice :twisted:

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have supported Sherman as much as anyone on this phorum, after todays lackuster performance, it is time for Mike to go. There was never any urgency at anytime, we were not playing New England today, this was the Cleveland Browns. Before today I thought they were the worst team in the NFL, now what can I think? We just had our *** handed to us by a team that may not win another game all year.

This team needs to be motivated, and I don't think Sherman is the guy anymore. THis was the day we honored Reggie White, everyone heard the crowd on the last series chanting Reggie's name, what happend, our defense broke down and Trent Dilfer gets his first win ever at Lambeau.

I will keep supporting The Pack, but I don't see a whole lot of success under Mike Sherman, it is time for him to go.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeye you are right... I have tried to support Mike but after today he must go... If he makes a great comeback and really gets something into post season I will eat my words in a peanut butter sandwich with ketchup and onions and a warm coke... I am so sure he is not doing anything that I am willing to take the risk of having to eat that $hit!! Anyway this coaching gives us enough $hit to eat every sunday !!!!!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Buckeye you are right... I have tried to support Mike but after today he must go... If he makes a great comeback and really gets something into post season I will eat my words in a peanut butter sandwich with ketchup and onions and a warm coke... I am so sure he is not doing anything that I am willing to take the risk of having to eat that $hit!! Anyway this coaching gives us enough $hit to eat every sunday !!!!!

If Sherman makes a comeback and takes this team to the playoffs I will gladly eat crow, onions, mustard, mushrooms, whatever weird ingredient...but i'm not anywhere close to having to prepare for that moment

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I don't get is why he demands that we lose four or five games in the beginning of the Season before he sets up better game plans....

Wait - oh yes I do --- TOM ROSSLEY

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman bashers:

Is Mike Sherman committing the penalties? Is Mike Sherman not executing the plays on the field? Is Mike Sherman REALLY the reason for 2 lackluster performances?

I doubt it. Players need self-discipline to not commit errors and gel as a team and win football games. The coaches are putting these men in the position to win football games and the players on the field are not executing. The players have been taught the playbook, they have practiced it, they have learned techniques and they have been put into the position to execute. They are not executing. That's it.

Enough with the Sherman bashing. He's not the greatest game day decision maker, but how he can be expected to take the blame of 22 guys not doign thier job on the field is beyond me. A head coach can only do so much. He can't do the players jobs for them.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wondered how long it would be before the "official" fans of the Green Bay Packers came forward.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net, I admire your steadfast defense of MS, but you have to admit, this team is and has gotten consistently worse ofver the last 3 years. There is NO fire, plenty of penalties, and the consistent...horrible playcalling and clock management.

No discipline, no motivation, no guts and, wordt of all, no toughness.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it that coaches do? They are responsible for putting their players in position to make plays. I saw that yesterday, but our guys did not make those plays. Mike Sherman did not throw the pick in the end zone, Mike Sherman did not fail to out-jump Gary Baxter, Mike Sherman did not fail to see Henderson wide open in the flat, Mike Sherman did not bite on a play fake on Braylon Edwards and Mike Sherman did not miss a tackle on Heiden. There were essentially three game-changing plays yesterday and our guys were in position to make those plays but did not. I don't think that's coaching I think it's talent, or lack thereof, and inexperience.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
I wondered how long it would be before the "official" fans of the Green Bay Packers came forward.

Let's see.. last week.. Cincinnati strangled the Browns with a long ball passing game and shredded their Defense totally... Hmmm.. that means that any tactician with any brains at all would apply the same technique.. NO?

I could count on one hand the number of times the long ball - beyond 10-15 yards - was employed by this so-called Coaching Staff. And it wasn't for the lack of Ferguson (what) not trying...??? Even Terence Murphy as "thee Rookie" should be allowed one or two mistakes out there...

12 times yesterday I called plays in succession and got 'em right, NET - that worries me.. if a layman with NO experience out there can figure out a Team... what do you think a SuperBowl winning former DC is gonna be doing....

Yes - the Coaches do have a stake in this and responsibility to bear.
Imaginative play calling? by the Packers Coaching Staff? Ya kiddin' me, right? Who's got the nerve to even bring that up.. tis verboten...!

Naturally I'll say Players NEED to step up and execute - but the Coaches need to make Players feel like it's more than a 9-to-5 out there on the Tundra, too! Certainly Brett made several mistakes again... but throwin' 5 yard passes all damn day is NOT NFL FOOTBALL... Trent Dilfer, of all people, made it look waaaay too easy - yet Rossley & Co couldn't imitate any faction of the two plays which shredded our D, just behind the up front blitz coverage... (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, ya know).

Players alone are not the problem here....!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's that we didn't try to dissect the Browns' secondary with a passing attack, it's that there was no one open. Brett had all day to throw for the most part, and there simply was no one open.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOP, what routes were being called? They are stacking the line to stop Ahman, and we don't exploit it once except for the Driver touchdown. Never really went back after it. And as IPB stated, I knew VERY often exactly what was going to be run in various down and distance situations. And if he and I can do it, I am sure the pro coaches can figure it out too.

The players did not execute well, but by the same token, I do not believe, at least on offense, that they are being put into the best position to succeed.

On top of it all, we appear very soft. Hard contact is actually something to be admired, guys!

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No running game to speak of, no pass rush, the laze faire attitude towards clock management -.
Have seen the Pack do this before, start off slowly, look pitiful in early games, then get it together down the stretch, but still, it's reasonable cause for concern. The *Browns*? At Lambeau? Is the loss of Walker that critical to the team?
As for the "don't worry, everybody else in the division sucks as well" philosophy, so what? All that means is better
teams will kick our butts from coast to coast.
Way too early to write GB off already, but if nothing else they've got to play with more emotion. The descriptions of guys sauntering casually back to the line towards the end of the game, while seconds ticked off, man.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:

well, i'll be first to say why we need to fire sherman.
his inabilty to recognise talent. my two main gripes, jamal reynolds instead of dan morgan, and caroll over chris gamble
not to mention fergie over chris chambers. and then toss in joe johnson, and a big contract for a DE that is basically a one dimenshional player. then you have sherman over-paying cledius hunt, who is gone. then toss in the fact that sherman shows no emotion.
what's it gonna take to get sherman to get his team fired up, to get sherman fired up. when sherman was on the side-line, he looks like he is just watching the game.

so think of GBP w dan morgan, chris chambers, and chris gamble. all players sherman could have drafted.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr...

1) Sherman was fired for his GM performance, you're bringing up moot pts.

2) How fired up does Belichek usually look on the sideline?

3) This motivational aspect of MS' position irks me. At some pt. we need to start blaming the players. They're the ones who "love this game so much that they'd play for free." Does MS really have to come up w/ a Detroit Lions speech every week (and wouldn't that lose its effectiveness if he did so?). Does he need to promise rice crispy squares and juice boxes after every win?!? C'mon. It was the home opener, the Pack were just blown out, which should be enough motivation for the team, then to top it off, MS did a lot w/ Reggie White to inspire the team...at some point we need to hold the players responsible for their desire.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DH...that is what is most concerning to me. I do not want my coach to be a ranting lunatic, but dear God, show that you have a pulse every now and again. It does not look as though he senses there is an urgency to what they are doing. He looks like he has chugged a fifth of whiskey with a ****** chaser!

Members online

Latest posts