1st Annual Packer Forum Challenge

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year I helped pf.com host 1 of 2 fantasy football leagues, and we're going to do the same this year...

but it is going to be a little different.

This is the 1st annual PACKER FORUM CHALLENGE!

What makes this different from any other fantasy league, is that if you join, winning AND losing will mean something as far as your reputation on packerforum.com as a fantasy player. That's where the 'challenge' comes in.

One of the best aspects of fantasy football are the bragging rights. Winners deserve to gloat for a while. Some offices that hold leagues have little trophies, some do it for money, but we're just a packer forum, so that's where we're going to go with this.

If you decide to join, and you LOSE(don't win the championship), you have to put a humiliating custom picture in your sig box. It will look a little something like this:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yes, it's humilating(and ugly), and that's the point.

Only ONE person, the winner of the league, gets to not have that embarrassing ugly *** document stating just how bad they are.

The graphic must stay in the sig box of EVERYONE in the league(minus the winner) from when the fantasy season ends, until the NFL Draft.

remember, NO EXCEPTIONS! If you do NOT win the championship, you have to have that sig!

So, if YOU want to answer the challenge, and want to show just how smart you really are(and are fine with the draft date,rules,etc)... reply to this thread with your e-mail address.

---------------------------------
league details:

YAHOO.COM HEAD-TO-HEAD matchups

It is a live draft(random) on Saturday, August 25 at 2pm central time.

playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams)

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

The rules are almost identical to the packerforum gold league from last year:

Passing Yards (35 yards per point; 1 points at 300 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-3)
Rushing Yards (25 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (15 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (100 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (3)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-3)
Sack (.5)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (8)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (5)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (2)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (1)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (0)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-5)

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the Green League's defending Champion (2nd place regular season -- SuperBowl Champion), I will be happy to join. I may need to let my pre-rankings make the picks as the time conflicts with the Packerforum Green Keeper League (or may be able to reshedule that -- if we get enough teams).

[email protected]

BTW, I will want to slightly re-word the sig (on the off chance that I should happen to lose). I won't have the "b" word in every post that I make.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, no.

no, cuz thats how problems start. if we re-schedule once, then others will want it moved again, then confusion kicks in with the dumber people, and people will say "i thought it was THIS time, i didnt make it for the live draft, now if i lose im not putting that banner in my sig."

so, the date will NOT be moved (sorry!)
and the B word will NOT be taken out.

If you still have the cajones, faith in pre-rankings,etc, then leave your email.

So if you guys dont want to be in it, then take your email addresses OUT of your posts(packnic,packfaninsc).

I said in the first post, you're either in or you're out.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, no.

no, cuz thats how problems start. if we re-schedule once, then others will want it moved again, then confusion kicks in with the dumber people, and people will say "i thought it was THIS time, i didnt make it for the live draft, now if i lose im not putting that banner in my sig."

If you still have the cajones, faith in pre-rankings,etc, then leave your email.

So if you guys dont want to be in it, then take your email addresses OUT of your posts(packnic,packfaninsc).

You know, Trom, your first post said that the banner would be "something like" the one that you posted. What is not offensive to some may be to others. I will not put any language in my sig that I would not normally use in everyday conversation. It may not mean anything to you or other people, but the language that I use when I deal with others is important to me. You set the rules, so if you say I am out, then I guess I am out. If you remember from last year, finding teams is not all that easy. You may want to consider not being quite so inflexible.

BTW -- I did not ask that the time be changed -- just pointed out that it conflicts with the other leagues and even said that I would re-schedule them.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I would totally do it if the time were changed. And seriously, what if SC's sig said something like:

.... I am Pack In Black's fantasy football equivalent to a Prison Maiden....

Or something to that effect. As champion, I wouldn't complain about that at all..

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Sorry, no.

You know, Trom, your first post said that the banner would be "something like" the one that you posted. What is not offensive to some may be to others. I will not put any language in my sig that I would not normally use in everyday conversation. It may not mean anything to you or other people, but the language that I use when I deal with others is important to me. You set the rules, so if you say I am out, then I guess I am out. If you remember from last year, finding teams is not all that easy. You may want to consider not being quite so inflexible.

BTW -- I did not ask that the time be changed -- just pointed out that it conflicts with the other leagues and even said that I would re-schedule them.

I explained the reason for being 'inflexible' (which im not, but thanks for making me sound like a jerk, as if i need help for that)

If you can't make it, or dont like the wording, then you don't have to participate.

This challenge isn't for everyone. It's for the best.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
tromadz said:
Sorry, no.

I explained the reason for being 'inflexible' (which im not, but thanks for making me sound like a jerk, as if i need help for that)

If you can't make it, or dont like the wording, then you don't have to participate.

See, that is the beauty of the language we use. I went to great lengths to not say you were being a jerk -- yet you still got my point. So, I guess I must decline to participate. It is not like there are not 4 billion other leagues to play in.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
PackFanInSC said:
tromadz said:
Sorry, no.

See, that is the beauty of the language we use. I went to great lengths to not say you were being a jerk -- yet you still got my point. So, I guess I must decline to participate. It is not like there are not 4 billion other leagues to play in.

exactly. This is the first time we're doing this, its gonna be rough,etc. maybe next year we'll do a vote on when draft day is,etc. this is how things get better.

but someone has to be the winner of the 1st annual packer forum challenge, so for those who aren't afraid, leave your email addresses in this thread. good luck.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I demand more teams. Step up you sheep.

lol, not everyone has the balls or football smarts to accept. Don't worry, more people will join. I was told even some of the mods might even get in on it. That should be hilarious.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, not everyone has the balls or football smarts to accept. Don't worry, more people will join. I was told even some of the mods might even get in on it. That should be hilarious.

I hope they don't think they're exempt from the humiliating banner.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

I hope they don't think they're exempt from the humiliating banner.

nope, but now that they see how ugly it is, i expect some "oh dang, if it was at some other time, id do it" posts. AADP im lookin in your direction.

EDIT - AADP answered the call as i was typing. I hope you're ready, modder!

Reaction score
Hey I'm all up for it.

Of course I intend on picking Jennings, and with his 2000 yards rec. and 25 TD season, I'm sure to win.

Trom's leagues always have a lot of smack talk, which is fun to read.

I hate you all!

Members online

Latest posts