1993 wild card game vs Lions

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the whole game on ESPN tonight. That was a sweet game! I loved how the Lions came in overconfidnent and thought they were going to intercept Favre and beat up on us again. If you guys recall the week before we played them in the silverdome for the division title that year and if we won we would have hosted them in lambeau but they won so we had to go to the silverdome. Teague made that huge interception that saved the day for us because we were trailing 17-14 and they were at our goal line ready to score and go up 24-14 but Teague returned the int for a touchdown, Then with 55 seconds left we all know the play that Favre made to Sharpe. Where were you guys during this game if you remember!

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also watched it the other night ,fun to watch Sharpe dominate and the players that were building the SB team, then after the game they showed highlights of the SB win over the Pat's . I remember watching that win over Detroit , when favre just heaved it with every thing he had , i thought it was gonna be out of the end zone ( reminded me of Favre 1st game VS Cincy),, then Sharpe breaks free and catches it , I went NUTS!! :yes: It also made me remember the other playoff game VS Detroit at Lambeau when the Pack held Barry Sanders to MINUS 2 yards rushing !!! I'm Still mad the Pack didn't take Barry Sanders instead of Tony Mandrich in the '89 draft! ;( Just think what could've been -- Favre with Barry Sanders at RB ---- multiple SB titles !! :beer:

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched it too. Granted, I was only 9 at the time but I don't remember Darrell Thompson at all. I remember a lot of the other players but for the life of me I can't remember that guy in the #39 jersey.

mathew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm actually going to see if i can watch it now. I have seen many old school packers highlights but suprisingly nothing fomr this game. I was only 3 at the time but of course my father had me dressed and packered out. I have been watching the great green and gold since I was a tiny kid. I very vividly remember the superbowl win.

The top 3 recolections of packers playoffs i have are:

Denver Broncos SB loss
Playoffs vs Vikings Freemans insane catch
Packers vs 49ers loss :( TOs go ahead TD catch :(

Members online

Latest posts