1960 Packers Dynasty

pete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packer Nation,

In my humanities class I am doing a project on the past NFL dynasties and comparing them to different musical periods in time. The first dynasty we’re going to discuss is the Packers of the 60s.

My question to you is what made the Packers dynasty different from the Steelers of the 70s, 49ers of the 80s, Cowboys of the 90s and Patriots of today? I am aware of stats and different time eras. I am looking for different traditions that Packer fans have that are unique to them, for example, the Steeler fans and the terrible towel.

Also, were there any songs/artist that came synonymous with the Packers of the 1960s?

Lastly, are there any places that I could download sound/video clips, pictures, etc that I could incorporate into my presentation?

Thank you very much for your time.

- Pete

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pete said:
Hello Packer Nation,

In my humanities class I am doing a project on the past NFL dynasties and comparing them to different musical periods in time. The first dynasty we’re going to discuss is the Packers of the 60s.

My question to you is what made the Packers dynasty different from the Steelers of the 70s, 49ers of the 80s, Cowboys of the 90s and Patriots of today? I am aware of stats and different time eras. I am looking for different traditions that Packer fans have that are unique to them, for example, the Steeler fans and the terrible towel.

Also, were there any songs/artist that came synonymous with the Packers of the 1960s?

Lastly, are there any places that I could download sound/video clips, pictures, etc that I could incorporate into my presentation?

Thank you very much for your time.

- Pete

I can start you off by saying that NO team has won 5 titles in 7 years... Packers did!!

Packers can be differentiated from the Steelers and the 49ers by the fact that they played when the NFL and the AFL were separate leagues.
They pioneered the superbowls... May the Patriot fans scream but I don't consider them a dynasty... YET!

Therew are MANY more but this I hope gives this thread a start.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Beatles music would be an equal to the Packers of the sixties. Both dominated their genres for that "feel good" era. Polka music was also synominous with the wisconsin region because of much of it's cultural heritage and often permeated the football tailgate parties, in the form of a roaming band that often worked also inside the stadium.

you might want to add in your paper also how now a days it is often "licensed" music that plays at all nfl games through the speaker systems.(Look up "NFL's Greatist Hits)

As for audio clips for the sixties type you might want to google "Packer Polka"

And they did(do) have their own "Packer Fight Song"

"On Wisconsin" was played alot of by the marching bands
(Page down to hear this song.)

GO! YOU PACKERS, GO!

"Official song and dedicated to the Green Bay Packers."

Words and music by Eric Karll. 1931 (c)
Performed by the NFL Marching Band, Bernard Green, Conductor.
Introduced by Quarterback Bart Starr.
Recorded July 7-8, 1960.
Produced on RCA Victor LPM-2292.
(It seems there are slightly different words to this song.
These are the words John Heim suggested on his site.)

----------------------------------------------------

Bart Starr shouts: Go! You Packers, Go!

Band plays: Fight, you Packers, fight,
and bring the bacon home to old Green Bay!
Hail, hail, the gang's all here to yell for you,
and keep you going in your winning ways!
Hail, hail, the gang's all here to tell you, too,
that, win or lose, we'll always sing your praises, Packers!
Go, you Packers, go and get 'em!
Go, you fighting fools, upset 'em!
Smash their line with all your might!
A touchdown, Packers! Fight, fight, fight!
Fight on, you Blue and Gold, to glory!
Win this game, the same old story!
Fight, you Packers, fight,
and bring the bacon home to old Green Bay!

----------------------

Why not download this song now!

PACKSONG.AU
476K .au file

PACKSONG.MP3
520K .mp3 file

PACKSONG.WAV
1.35M .wav file

I hope this helps a little

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
From 1932 to 1946 the Bears played in the Championship game 9 times winning 6 titles.

So the Bearies won the title 6 years out of 15...

That PALES in comparison to 5 titles in 7 years.

Packers also won the tile 3 years running, 1965, 66, and 67.

Bears???

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Philtration said:
From 1932 to 1946 the Bears played in the Championship game 9 times winning 6 titles.

Bears???

You are the same guy that says that the Patriots winning 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls is not a dynasty yet you pee in your pants about the Packers winning just one title in the last 38 years and that one was 8 years ago.

Even with all of the key injuries that the Patriots have had this season they are still leading their division and will be dangerous in the playoffs but of course no team other than the Packers actually wins anything and the rest of the league are just "over achievers" right Mr. Knows nothing about football?
By the way, what happened to all of that "Packers will win the Super Bowl while the Bears will have to over achieve just to win 3 games" bulls**t that you were running at the mouth about?
Looks like my pre-season predictions were a hell of a lot better than yours eh? Do you know why? Because I have forgotten more about the NFL than you will ever even know. :D

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:
Philtration said:

Bears???

You are the same guy that says that the Patriots winning 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls is not a dynasty yet you pee in your pants about the Packers winning just one title in the last 38 years and that one was 8 years ago.

Even with all of the key injuries that the Patriots have had this season they are still leading their division and will be dangerous in the playoffs but of course no team other than the Packers actually wins anything and the rest of the league are just "over achievers" right Mr. Knows nothing about football?
By the way, what happened to all of that "Packers will win the Super Bowl while the Bears will have to over achieve just to win 3 games" bulls**t that you were running at the mouth about?
Looks like my pre-season predictions were a hell of a lot better than yours eh? Do you know why? Because I have forgotten more about the NFL than you will ever even know. :D

Phil,

So much anger!

Yep YOU predicted that the Packers would lose Green, Walker, Davenport, ferguson, and Franks to injuries for most or ALL of the year right?

Don't EVER think you know MORE about football than ANYONE on this forum because you look like a *******.

Gee, from your tone it seems that you resent people who disagree with you.

I can see that you are sh1tting in your pants over the Bears winning 8 games this season..

Tell me Phil, is it that the Bears have won more games this year with their last place schedule or that you were right that makes your bowel movements uncontrollable?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:
Philtration said:

Bears???

Phil,

So much anger!

Yep YOU predicted that the Packers would lose Green, Walker, Davenport, ferguson, and Franks to injuries for most or ALL of the year right?

Don't EVER think you know MORE about football than ANYONE on this forum because you look like a *******.

Gee, from your tone it seems that you resent people who disagree with you.

I can see that you are sh1tting in your pants over the Bears winning 8 games this season..

Tell me Phil, is it that the Bears have won more games this year with their last place schedule or that you were right that makes your bowel movements uncontrollable?

That's funny, I keep reading comments from Packer fans about the Packers getting a high draft pick and a last place schedule next year and that will carry them into the playoffs. I believe that the Packers and Bears schedules are pretty much the same this year are they not? They have already played 4 teams that are fighting for playoff spots beating 3 of them and still have to play the Steelers, Vikings and Falcons. You guys could not even beat the Eagles when they are a total mess and were without McNabb or T.O. not to mention losing to the Lions and Browns when the Packers had no injuries at all.

As far as injuries go, you deal with what you have just like every other team. I doubt that you were shedding any tears for the Bears last year when Grossman, Brown and Urlacher were all injured.
How come the Patriots are still leading their division after all of the injuries they have had? The Steelers have not called it quits because Rothlisberger was hurt and the Vikings may go to the playoffs after losing Culpepper and Smith for the season and having no Randy Moss. You have to have players step up. I said that the Packers had no depth and it shows.
The Bears lost their starting QB in the pre-season. Their 2nd best receiver is gone for the year. Thomas Jones has had knee and rib injuries for most of the season and Cedric Benson has a knee injury as well. Their place kicker had a back injury that ended his season and they have had to go with a rookie kicker for the entire year while playing in the toughest stadium in the league for place kickers.

The Packers were stinking up the place before these injuries set in. What was Green doing before he got hurt? He was placed on Injured Reserve Oct. 25 and the Packers were already 1-5 at that point. The Packers were 0-4 when Davenport was hurt and were 1-4 when Ferguson first injured his knee remember? Do you really believe that Franks getting injured in week 11 is the reason that the Packers are 2-9?
You claimed that Favre would throw 60 TDs this year while the Packers go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl. Yelling Rah! Rah! and Go Pack! does not make you knowledgeable about the NFL and I stand by my statement that you do not know that much about the game.

As far as being a *******, you are the same guy that challenged me on the old site to drive up to Wisconsin so we could have it out in some parking lot because you claimed to know karate. Remember that Mr. Miyagi?

:sucks:

OP
OP
P

pete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry for causing any problems.

Thanks Cheesehog for the great find with the Packers fight song. I actually went and googled GOPACKGO.wav and used the sound with the presentation also.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
.....the Packers winning just one title in the last 38 years and that one was 8 years ago.

Sorry, really don't want to interfere in your private vendetta and one thing to anticipate, I don't have any knowledge about american football, but I had a look at the official SB site and calculated a little bit and saw that the Bears have won also only one title in at least 38 years and that one was 19 years ago. It was the Bears only stint at SB and Green Bay had 4, winning 3 and loosing one. So how is this to compare? It's history, the teams of that times (good ones and bad ones) are long gone and it's the present that counts. Allthough the Bears are the "better team" ( by W - L - records only :wink: ) this year than the Packers are, I hope for a win on sunday for the pack (and for the blue cats also).

With that injury- thing, I think you are right. It hurts to see so many keyplayers going down and on IR but that's a thing every team has to deal with. I hope next year will be another teams turn - no, better no teams turn because that would make teams more comparable.

Now back to your duel, choose your weapons gentlemen!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand why you want to keep those cuffs.
Just don't let carol k. see you with them or your out of the Pack family! :D :D

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WooooHoooo!! That was my 100th post, never thought I'd come so far!! 8)

Got my first yellow helmet! :D :D

Harald

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
Just don't let carol k. see you with them or your out of the Pack family! :D :D

Even if I'd wear these also??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts