#18 Ruvell Martin

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On Channel 5 news last night, I saw #18 Ruvell Martin make a really nice TD catch in practice, with a throw from Aaron Rodgers. He also made some good plays in the scrimmage last weekend. Maybe this guy is a dark horse to make the roster, especially with Gardner, Boerigter, and Cory Rodgers all having their problems. I'll be watching for #18 on Saturday night. I'd like to see him get some reps with the first or second team offense.

Martin does have good size (6'4" 217 lbs.) and apparently he has some speed and some ball skills. Plus he comes from that well-known football factory, Saginaw Valley State (sarcasm). I've seen him catch deep balls, but would like to see if he can catch some short-range passes, especially over the middle.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he would have to play out of his mind in the next couple of preseason games to make the team. Right now, Driver, Jennings, Ferguson, and Gardner are obvious locks. If Martin beats out Boerigter and Rodgers, I would be truely shocked.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I firmly believe that either Ferguson, or more likely, Gardner, will not make the final roster and Ruvell Martin is the guy who will take their spot.

Martin will have the luxury of the TEs being more involved in the offense , which will affort TT/MM the luxury of taking a chance on a young, hungry, talented, but unpolished WR. The kid has consistently shown himself well...remember, both TT and MM LOVE and PREACH consistency.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the Packers are definitely(in my mind) rebuilding, it's past time that we rid ourselves of old vets shed by other teams, who don't seem to have any fire left in them. Apparently, guys like Gardner just don't seem capable of understanding that their whole careers are on the line, hence no extra effort. It's time we give the new blood the chance to excel. They still have fire in their bellies.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here, here, Gramps. Gardner is on his last leg, his last best opportunity to resurrect his career, rather than float around for a few years and quietly going away. And he takes such a nonchalant attitude as the one displayed throughout the off-season and in camp?

Bye-bye, Rod!

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Gardner is NOT a lock by any means. And that's where someone like Ruvell Martin could sneak in. I would love for Gardner to finally get his butt in gear and start living up to his potential, but I'm not hearing much about him in camp yet. Last year the Pack let Scottie Vines go, and he ended up playing well for the Lions. I could see Martin as a player about the caliber of Vines, who could contribute at some point. We'll see what happens in the exhibtion season.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Gardner and think he might be able to get into the step of things if he can try a little harder when he comes up with the thought that no one else probaly is going to take him.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll prove himself and stay on the team but I'm an easy critic to please

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not being polite on this one. I think you guys are freaking stupid. If Gardner doesn't make the team, I'll have someone make me a "I heart Rod Gardner" banner for my sig.

Members online

Latest posts