18 games in a season

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Records are meant to be broken. Actually, almost noone remembers records. (What's the career catching record?) They sometimes don't even remember who holds what records. And hey, they had to put almost 10 more game in a season to someone break Don Hutson's records. And even if he doesn't hold those records anymore, we still remember him as the greatest WR ever.
I like the idea very much. It only has to be evaluated if it won't make the playoff games less competitive, if the players are more tired because of a longer schedule. Then I wouldn't want it. But hey, take out 2 or 3 preseason games, put on another bye, and we're good to go!:party:

croxeye

Cheesehead
Reaction score
give me an extra bye week and 3 preseason games along with the 18 regular season games.

Then we might be talking. I don't really want to see tired teams headed into playoffs, unfortanately teams might have to start dipping into their bench like basketball. Lets hope they have the stamina to maintain a longer season.

Of course, longer season means, when do we start it? do we start it a month early? or end it a month later?

Members online

Latest posts