18 Game Season

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
As much as I love NFL football I would not favor the 18 game schedule. I think the season is long enough as it is with the extension of post-season play and I think that there needs to be a true OFF-season for the players to recuperate, rejuvenate, and reconnect with their families, etc. I would also be concerned about the potential increase in injuries and lack of time for them to heal.
There is also something to be said, as a fan, for the anticipation of an upcoming season after what seems like an eternity of no football between the SB and the opening of pre-season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
An 18 game season would make us no different than the NBA's boring series of playoff games. Look at all the time they waste in the Finals making it go to 5-7 games, when it is easier to watch one game.

That's just 2 extra games for nothing so they can make more money.

18 game season no way.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possibility is high for injuries late into the season so look for playoff locked teams to rest their starters not one but two weeks early. However it does create the intrigue that some late push team ex. Tampa Bay, San Diego have a better chance to make it to the playoffs if a team ahead of them falters in week 18 or week 19. Despite that I don't really see the need for 2 extra games except for revenue.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Possibility is high for injuries late into the season so look for playoff locked teams to rest their starters not one but two weeks early. However it does create the intrigue that some late push team ex. Tampa Bay, San Diego have a better chance to make it to the playoffs if a team ahead of them falters in week 18 or week 19. Despite that I don't really see the need for 2 extra games except for revenue.

And teams with losing records would have a better chance of making it. I Do not want another 7-9 team in the playoffs, and I don't care if they won a game, Tampa Bay and the Giants would have put up a fight too if it was their games.

Members online

Latest posts