17 games schedule in the works for 2021 season

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-plans-to-expand-regular-season-to-17-games-per-team-in-2021
The NFL is planning to expand the regular season to 17 games in 2021 -- a historic move that would generate new revenue and could at least slightly soften an anticipated drop in the salary cap next year, sources say.
An announcement may not come for weeks, if not months, since the NFL must first negotiate at least one new media contract in order to make the move to 17 games in 2021, per the collective bargaining agreement. But as one team source apprised of discussions said: "We're all anticipating it's going to happen."
insanity why? I need my packers to come to london in the future man
You may get your wish sooner than later:
Going to 17 games also would open up inventory for possible new neutral-site and international games. The NFL already has been playing games regularly in the U.K. and Mexico, and has been eyeing possible games in Canada, China, Japan, Germany and Brazil.

I fully expect the extra game to be an international game. Hopefully the league does all of them between say weeks 5-12 with a bye week and a travel week around the game. Two international games per week. One week off to travel, maybe play Thurs or Friday then travel back for the bye week.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I fully expect the extra game to be an international game. Hopefully the league does all of them between say weeks 5-12 with a bye week and a travel week around the game. Two international games per week. One week off to travel, maybe play Thurs or Friday then travel back for the bye week.

It's not surprising the NFL plans to add another regular season game as soon as next season after the revenue loss caused by COVID-19 in 2020. I'm not convinced the league would be able to sell out 16 international games per season over the long haul though.

Members online

Latest posts