16-0?

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the thing that is scary is how much luck the packers had in that game. How many penalties did the bucs give up that saved packers from 3rd and outs?

What about that punt return? That was a blessing for the packers..

All homerism aside, the packers defense is ATROCIOUS. No two ways about it.

They need to fix that if you guys want to win the SB.

Lol, are you serious?

The Packers defense is NOT atrocious. They forced TURNOVERS to win the game. Packers will win the SB whether they improve the defense or not.

Case in point, IT DOES NOT MATTER.

As long as the Packers win, they will be fine. This is a good defense, they will win the Super Bowl and go 19-0.

The offense is incredible, and it WAS not luck! The Packers just played better football...oh and by the way, they DEFEATED Drew Brees and the Saints this year if you forgot...

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, are you serious?

The Packers defense is NOT atrocious. They forced TURNOVERS to win the game. Packers will win the SB whether they improve the defense or not.

Case in point, IT DOES NOT MATTER.

As long as the Packers win, they will be fine. This is a good defense, they will win the Super Bowl and go 19-0.

The offense is incredible, and it WAS not luck! The Packers just played better football...oh and by the way, they DEFEATED Drew Brees and the Saints this year if you forgot...

Whoa whoa buddy... you need to calm down...

Maybe you are right that the packers defense is not atrocious... but they are not good either. They are an opportunistic defense... and opportunities do not always come by so easily.

I never said that the offense is not incredible... but how did the packers not get lucky in some aspects of the game against tampa? That punt return was not luck? What about some of those penalty calls on tampa bay? (probably more to do with the tampa players than luck though). Packers won that game because they played better in the most important moments of the game... and they had some luck (I AM NOT SAYING they would have lost if they did not have any luck).

Obviously if the packers win the SB this year in spite of their defense, it would be a moot point... but good defense does help, right?

The packers offense is one of the best i have ever seen... but lets not act like that THERE MIGHT BE A POSSIBILITY for them to have a stinker in a game where the defense has to carry the load.

And no... i am not being a hater. Just stating things i see with my two eyes.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa whoa buddy... you need to calm down...

Maybe you are right that the packers defense is not atrocious... but they are not good either. They are an opportunistic defense... and opportunities do not always come by so easily.

I never said that the offense is not incredible... but how did the packers not get lucky in some aspects of the game against tampa? That punt return was not luck? What about some of those penalty calls on tampa bay? (probably more to do with the tampa players than luck though). Packers won that game because they played better in the most important moments of the game... and they had some luck (I AM NOT SAYING they would have lost if they did not have any luck).

Obviously if the packers win the SB this year in spite of their defense, it would be a moot point... but good defense does help, right?

The packers offense is one of the best i have ever seen... but lets not act like that THERE MIGHT BE A POSSIBILITY for them to have a stinker in a game where the defense has to carry the load.

And no... i am not being a hater. Just stating things i see with my two eyes.

I respect your opinion, and I totally agree THERE IS a possibility where they can be defeated, but it is very unlikely based upon how Aaron Rodgers and the offense have played these past 10 games (or last 15).

Although I am not a big believer in luck, I think Tim Masthay (the punter) just made a play and the Buccaneers weren't expecting it because they tried to block the punt.

The defense DID carry the load last year in some moments by getting big time interceptions, if they continue by getting turnovers I have no doubt they will win every game this season.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest I'm a little tired of all these discussions and I do not care if it will be 16-0, 15-1, 12-4 or whatever.
As long as there will be a 3-0 playoff record I'm fine with it, that's what counts ;)

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respect your opinion, and I totally agree THERE IS a possibility where they can be defeated, but it is very unlikely based upon how Aaron Rodgers and the offense have played these past 10 games (or last 15).

Although I am not a big believer in luck, I think Tim Masthay (the punter) just made a play and the Buccaneers weren't expecting it because they tried to block the punt.

The defense DID carry the load last year in some moments by getting big time interceptions, if they continue by getting turnovers I have no doubt they will win every game this season.
i agree with most of this. The main thing, however, is that the packers defense last year was >>> than this years (head and shoulders i would say). Hence how they carried the load last year at times.

D

Dan115

YES very true. Miami went 14-0 then won two playoff games. Packers need to go 19-0. 16-0 is meaningless. In order for the Packers to finish 19-0 they would have to win 25 in a row.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before going 16-0, you must get past Detroit on Thursday. Cart before the horse and all that.

Saying we will go 16-0 during the season is putting the cart before the horse no matter which team you are talking about playing. However, I do think that if the Packers can beat the Lions, nothing will stop them, they will go 16-0. But with that being said, the Lions will be our strongest test of the season so far. We not only have to face you guys twice, but possibly a 3rd time. It's going to be a challenge to the Packers for sure, but one I think they can win if they play to their potential.

Reaction score
Agreed, but with a 1st round bye, somebody would have to be really screwed up to need more than two weeks rest.

The other issue too, is that they may need a 16th win to guarantee home field advantage. I'm not sold on the 49ers, but their remaining schedule is pretty easy. It's not impossible for them to end up 15-1.

Very good point! It just damn well may take a 16-0 record for us to fend off the 9 'ers! Of course, the only undefeated record that us Packer fans are most concerned with is during the post season, yet, 19-0 would be the icing on the cake, no doubt. As great as it is for us to be 10-0 and enjoying a 3 game cushion in our division with only 6 games left, it's just as frustrating to know that after 10 games played, SF is in the opportunistic position they are and with an easier remaining schedule in the fight for home field advantage.

I don't want to stray from the topic thread, but how often has it ever occurred in either conference where one team is undefeated and another has only ONE loss with just a handful of games left in the regular season? I'm an old guy and I can't remember such an instance! If memory serves me, the undefeated '72 Dolphins, the '07 Pats {perfect regular season} and the '09 Colts {back to back losses in the last two games of the regular season} all had an average lead of at least 3 games when clinching home field advantage. So that said, on the discussion of staying perfect, those aforementioned teams who were striving to go undefeated heading into the last game or two of the regular season had some breathing room, whereas in our position, we are undefeated with SIX games left and don't have that luxury of a comfortable cushion which puts even more added pressure on us. I'm not at all saying those teams weren't feeling the pressure in their quest to stay perfect, but I would think that when you do have a comfortable lead as they did, in my opinion it would be like gambling with "house" money and there would seem to be less pressure, yet, also, there is the risk of injury to key players teams have to be concerned with {as was the factor in the Colts decision to rest players during their run}. It's a "Catch 22" for a team, yet, the Patriots went for it all!

This "going undefeated/regular season loss not hurting us" discussion is crazy to even debate! We have watched every game for "unteen" years cheering on the Packers to win no matter what their record is, so hell yes we want them to go 19-0. We are the defending SB champs and unlike former champions, we are NOT following up a SB win with a lack-luster season performance as our record is proving this year. We control our own destiny and can't rely on somebody to knock off SF for us. We just have to continue to stay focused, take it one game at a time, secure home field and continue into the playoffs playing like the defending champions we are. Sounds like a worn out cliche, but it is what it is and I really like our chances for a "repeat" and/or better yet, an undefeated season as well.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to stray from the topic thread, but how often has it ever occurred in either conference where one team is undefeated and another has only ONE loss with just a handful of games left in the regular season? I'm an old guy and I can't remember such an instance! If memory serves me, the undefeated '72 Dolphins, the '07 Pats {perfect regular season} and the '09 Colts {back to back losses in the last two games of the regular season} all had an average lead of at least 3 games when clinching home field advantage.

Only one I can remember is 09 Vikings being 9-0 and the saints being 9-0 but im sure after week 10 vikings lost to the steelers.

Reaction score
Only one I can remember is 09 Vikings being 9-0 and the saints being 9-0 but im sure after week 10 vikings lost to the steelers.

Yeah, I had forgotten about the Vikings and Saints and there's probably some other seasons that I really can't recall where it may have happened. I'm not sure what the records were of other teams at the time when the '85 Bears were 12-0 before losing to Miami.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
And another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust.
Hey, I'm gonna get you too, another one bites the dust.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust.
Hey, I'm gonna get you too, another one bites the dust.

Reminds me of an interesting bit of history for the Lions.

The "Roar was Restored" for the first few games in 1980 when running back Billy Simms joined the club. After winning their first four games the Lions Jimmy "Spiderman" Allen did a musical version of the Queen song "Another one bites the Dust". As the season progressed, the curse kicked in so strongly that the Lions did not even make the playoffs after their great start. Fans began singing their own lyrics to the song, "Another one beats our Butts" and once again the "Snore was Restored" for the Lions.

Come and watch them Detroit Lions who no one seems to beat
and another one bites the dust
and another one bites the dust.

Link

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Warning: The following posts will say they would rather have the team lose a few games in the regular season and win the Super Bowl than have the pressure of going into the Super Bowl 18-0.

I want to go 19-0 more than I want a Super Bowl. This team can do it.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I believe. The Packers had every reason to lose this one, especially after looking so vulnerable last week. Instead, they dominated. I think that if they get past the GIANTS next week, they're going to go all-out for 16-0 and not let up like the Colts did.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Now I believe. The Packers had every reason to lose this one, especially after looking so vulnerable last week. Instead, they dominated. I think that if they get past the GIANTS next week, they're going to go all-out for 16-0 and not let up like the Colts did.

People overreact to those types of games. It was a classic trap game smack between two division rivals. Tampa Bay is sneaky too and managed to beat the Saints.

Don't be shocked if the Pack sneak out another win or two this year that is a bit lackluster.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am one that rather have a SB win no matter what record..Of course EVERYONE would love to see 19-0 but lets win SB and let record fall where it may

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, the lions will want revenge when they face the packers again, so that might be a dangerous game.

The dirty lions might have nothing to lose and seriously try to injure the packers.

I think the packs will take care of the giants though. The lions pass rush is more potent than the giants, and the packers handeled it pretty well.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
I am one that rather have a SB win no matter what record..Of course EVERYONE would love to see 19-0 but lets win SB and let record fall where it may
Well of course a SB is what matters. I want 19-0 more than a SB simply because if you go 19-0 you win every game including the SB. How awesome would it be for the Packers to go 19-0 with all the crap Rodgers went through with Favre?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
IMO, the lions will want revenge when they face the packers again, so that might be a dangerous game.
The dirty lions might have nothing to lose and seriously try to injure the packers.
I think the packs will take care of the giants though. The lions pass rush is more potent than the giants, and the packers handeled it pretty well.

I thought of this. And to do it in GB though would be pretty bold and stupid. Then again this is the Lions who have the collective IQ of a house plant.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts