16-0? Try 17-0.

Reaction score
In the Packers case it's an additional away game. I'm assuming it will rotate so in 2022 the Packers will have a 9th home game.
I read somewhere (you’ll have to give me a mulligan on the source) that they would rotate by conference AFC would get the home games and NFC away etc.. then flip back to the reciprocal next season, with NFC getting a 9th home game. That way it kept a level playing field fair Intra conference, but the games being Inter-Conference. It sounded like it was an out of conference matchup anyway and that fits with a Chiefs game. It also could work with both teams traveling overseas (neutral). That was early on though so I don’t know if they landed on that idea.

I don’t like it. I also wouldn’t like it if my employer stayed open extra hours snd kept me from my family. I guess I’m in agreement with the players in not liking this. I hope they at least shorten preseason to 3 games to absorb the extra time and keep the season length similar.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I read somewhere (you’ll have to give me a mulligan on the source) that they would rotate by conference AFC would get the home games and NFC away etc.. then flip back to the reciprocal next season, with NFC getting a 9th home game. That way it kept a level playing field fair Intra conference, but the games being Inter-Conference. It sounded like it was an out of conference matchup anyway and that fits with a Chiefs game. It also could work with both teams traveling overseas (neutral). That was early on though so I don’t know if they landed on that idea.

I don’t like it. I also wouldn’t like it if my employer stayed open extra hours snd kept me from my family. I guess I’m in agreement with the players in not liking this. I hope they at least shorten preseason to 3 games to absorb the extra time and keep the season length similar.

You're correct about AFC teams hosting the 17th game in 2021 with the NFC enjoying home field advantage in '22. The preseason will be shortened to three games as the current CBA doesn't allow for more than a total of 20 games excluding playoffs.

In addition the NFL announced that every team will at least play one international game in an eight-year period starting in 2022.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They are dropping the preseason to 3.

These guys are doing for a living what they've dreamed of doing since they were young kids - I'm pretty sure most of us are or were doing something/anything in order to support ourselves/family. Many/most are also making enough to walk away if they want to spend more time with the family and still have that family covered for life. Not a fan of the owners making what they do, either, but, again, the players are taking home enormous paychecks by Joe Sixpack standards and, if they love the game as much as they say, a chance to do it even more should be a positive. Apply the negatives to a military career and see how they stack up.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's to hoping that week 17 game means absolutely nothing to either team.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on the side of let's see what happens with this first. I don't necessarily mind having a little twist in the nfc vs afc matchups, and I think teams will adapt in how their roster management is done leading up to this.

A compromise that I think should be made for it though is teams should get two bye weeks. Either that or eradicate Thursday games that aren't played on Thanksgiving. Only fair imo.

The onside kick replacement rule with 4th and 15 - open to it but it would benefit the teams with the elite QBs more, and it's not going to be any safer than how current onside kicks are done.

As to the proposed OT rule, well I've long wanted reforms in that department but this one is just wonky.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually like the idea. It's better than a coin toss deciding which team gets a huge advantage in overtime.

I completely agree that coin toss winners shouldn't be major deciders in the way OT happens, and I've even explored ideas to eliminate it along with the sudden death factors. But this rule doesn't exactly do that.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the Packers case it's an additional away game. I'm assuming it will rotate so in 2022 the Packers will have a 9th home game.
Well, this is a garbage plan. Might as well just let Tom Brady play in the Super Bowl on his home field.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this is a garbage plan. Might as well just let Tom Brady play in the Super Bowl on his home field.
I believe all NFC teams would have 9 away games in '21, and then all NFC teams have 9 home games in '22. TB won't have an advantage over any other NFC team derived from the schedule.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe all NFC teams would have 9 away games in '21, and then all NFC teams have 9 home games in '22.
If you're going to have an uneven number of games, I guess doing it by conference would be a fair way of doing it. I don't like the idea of adding games, but I guess it's going to happen anyway.

D

Deleted member 6794

I completely agree that coin toss winners shouldn't be major deciders in the way OT happens, and I've even explored ideas to eliminate it along with the sudden death factors. But this rule doesn't exactly do that.

I don't consider the proposal to be perfect (most likely there isn't one anyway) by any means but in my opinion it's better than the status quo.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about all that but it is probably better than what they do now.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're going to have an uneven number of games, I guess doing it by conference would be a fair way of doing it. I don't like the idea of adding games, but I guess it's going to happen anyway.

If they are going to add games they should have added another bye. This season is long and brutal enough for the players.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
But I'm guessing your job isn't quite as physically taxing or gets you injured the way professional football does.
Don't know that. Several people a month are laid up a day or two with aches, strains, twists, bumps and bruises. Sent one to the ER Friday for losing some of the skin off his finger. We perform 24/7 not once a week with 6 months off.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll try this with my boss. If she requires me to pick up more weekends I need more vacation time.

Why is that reading tongue in cheek? If your boss/employer changes your work, your compensation should change as well. More money or comp-time are quite standard.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is that reading tongue in cheek? If your boss/employer changes your work, your compensation should change as well. More money or comp-time are quite standard.
Hourly doesn't get comp time. Corporate found out this week my department works one weekend/month. All others are 12 days on 2 off. Meeting next week about hours changing.

Members online

Latest posts