1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

16-0 at what cost?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Lunchboxer, Dec 11, 2011.

1. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,870
    I say we play each game to win it. I say this because I want the Packers to have an attitude of winning. I don't believe a coaching staff should never send the message that winning is not important.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    What would Al Davis say?

3. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I think your Saints analogy coupled with the Colts analogy proves there's no right or wrong formula for winning the Super Bowl. We might as well go for it all.

Besides, we won the Super Bowl last season. This season we have a chance to do something even greater than that. It's time fans get on board or get out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. esponda1

esponda1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Green Bay is about history. Someone wins the Super Bowl every year, but no one has gone 19-0. Even back to back Super Bowls has already been done, and the '72 Dolphins went 17-0 (perfect yes, but shorter season). Nothing would be more historic and unique than this and this team has a very real chance of doing it. A player can get hurt on minute 1 of the first game or on the last minute of the last game, don't forget about what they accomplished last year with everyone hurt and just going "next man up". I think they can do it and they should definitely try!

5. esponda1

esponda1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    "JUST WIN, BABY"!!! Yeah!

• Like Like x 1
  6. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I think the difference is between us and the Patriots of the 16-0 season is we already are the champions so we already met that pressure of winning. The Packers are just going out there and playing. I think Mike McCarthy has got this team ready. He may say all the right things to the press but McCarthy is a low key assassin. He wants to bury every opponent the Packers play.

7. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
  8. Eric87

Eric87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    The 2009 Saints mean nothing. They flat got beat by the Cowboys and the Bucs. You can paint it any way you want, but they were trying to win those games, and failed. If you're trying to rest guys to prevent injuries, the first guy you rest is the franchise QB, and Brees played the entire game in weeks 15 and 16, and the Saints lost. They looked like they were in a death spiral when Payton benched everyone for week 17.

As for the counter-argument that leaving the starters in and playing to win every week will help keep the team hot for the playoffs, I don't care about that either. You can be hot in the playoffs and lose.

You play to win because that's what you're supposed to do, and that's what everyone wants to see. That's what would be the most special, and the most historic, and leave the greatest legacy. That's it.

And I'll go one step further: you play to win because if you don't, you better not show your face in Wisconsin anymore. If the Packers lock everything up next week, and then bench Rodgers and a bunch of other key guys for the last two weeks, then as far as I'm concerned you can fire all the coaches and start over. Ship McCarthy and all his guys out of town because you can't have a wimp for a football coach. Show some appreciation for your frans, show some appreciation for history, and show that you've got some pride and go for 19-0.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/14/aaron-rodgers-indicates-he-knows-mccarthys-plan/

10. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    What McCarthy said after the Packers/Colts preseason game this year:

11. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    My 2 cents? I say take the risk and keep the pedal to the metal. Only rest guys when the game is in the bag, sitting on a good lead.

19-0 baby. That would make Coach Lombardi proud.

Go Pack Go!

12. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    If we don't go for it, I am giving back my stock!!!! (NOT)