1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

15 years ago today...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Crazy Packers Fan, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    The Packers clinched their first division title since 1972 with a 24-19 win over Pittsburgh. Steelers receiver Yancey Thigpen dropped a potential game-winning TD in the end zone on a fourth-down play, giving the Packers the win.

As a Packers fan in Pittsburgh, who started following the NFL and the Packers for the first year that season, this remains the most satisfying regular-season win for me personally. It still remains one of the biggest regular-season wins for the team in the last 15 years, as that division championship led to a run to the NFC Championship.

Christmas Eve has been good to the Packers over the last 15 years, with wins on that day, as well as a win over Tampa Bay in 2000 and a division-clinching win over Minnesota in 2004. It's such a good day for football, I wish the NFL always played on Christmas Eve.

2. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    We were there and it was a great game. Both teams wound up 11 and 5. As I remember Robert Brooks had a terrific game, but we were lucky to win. Thigpen's drop was a gift, it seemed.