15 years ago today...

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers clinched their first division title since 1972 with a 24-19 win over Pittsburgh. Steelers receiver Yancey Thigpen dropped a potential game-winning TD in the end zone on a fourth-down play, giving the Packers the win.

As a Packers fan in Pittsburgh, who started following the NFL and the Packers for the first year that season, this remains the most satisfying regular-season win for me personally. It still remains one of the biggest regular-season wins for the team in the last 15 years, as that division championship led to a run to the NFC Championship.

Christmas Eve has been good to the Packers over the last 15 years, with wins on that day, as well as a win over Tampa Bay in 2000 and a division-clinching win over Minnesota in 2004. It's such a good day for football, I wish the NFL always played on Christmas Eve.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were there and it was a great game. Both teams wound up 11 and 5. As I remember Robert Brooks had a terrific game, but we were lucky to win. Thigpen's drop was a gift, it seemed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts