15-1 is good. Right?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Agreed with both FF and Weeds. The negative Nancy-ism tends to be overdone and the positives tend to be minimized. Wish I could focus on the positives more (I don't forget them altogether-- this past season has been a BLAST!), but I tend to worry about the weaknesses. And this year's defense has caused me to lose it and throw soft fluffy things at the TV screen too many times for my liking.

I wish the Pack could be dominant on both sides of the ball, not just one. But, I will certainly take one side over none and a good spot in the playoffs over not advancing at all any day.

I think as long as everyone performs whatever superstitious rituals they have before and during each game, we should be ok.

Go Pack.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Good post, weeds. Never mind why you had concerns about last year’s defense, I have two important questions for you:

1. What's wrong with skating on last year's ice? I mean, you didn’t call it thin ice and if you’re skating on it, it has to be last year.
2. Wouldn’t crapping dimes be twice as effective and somewhat easier?
:D

IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with a negative critique of the Packers as long as it’s reasonable and based upon facts. Those criticizing the Packers D this season have a factual basis for their criticism as evidenced by Packers players themselves, including Woodson, and Capers criticizing the defense. What I find somewhat curious is those who criticize any negativity seem in a way to be taking winning for granted, which is antithetical to fully appreciating each and every win. Anyway, as with all large groups of people, IMO there are a few on each end of the spectrum here: A few way too negative and a few positive to a fault.

Something Aaron Rodgers said in the locker room after the Packers secured the 6th seed in the playoffs last season is applicable here. He said something like, ‘we're in and anything can happen in the playoffs, anything’. Those words proved prophetic in a positive way in last year’s playoffs. But those words are true for the playoffs every season and not always in a positive way for a particular team. That’s why I agree with weeds: I’m taking one game at a time, recognizing the best team, the team that "should" win, doesn’t always win.

This regular season was of course all kinds of fun for me, too. It’s been decades since I worried so little while watching games. Down by 13 or 14 early? Honestly I didn’t worry about the outcome. The other reason it was all kinds of fun is as an old Packers fan, I realize the Packers are set up to contend for a title for the next several years. I’m not sure those of you who didn’t suffer through the dark ages of Packer fandom (post-Lombardi, pre-Wolf) can fully grasp what I’m talking about – and I hope you never do. Knowing the Packers’ organization as a whole, from the front office to the coaching staff and the players is one of the very best in the league, tells me there’s more success to come.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Here's my schedule and score sheet I kept for the season...the smileys on the right are only part of the emotions that went with the games!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
IluvGB...you smiled on the BYE week because you didn't have to watch the Pack's defense? ;) I mean, come on, you chalked the BYE up as a 'win'.... ya homer, you. :)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my schedule and score sheet I kept for the season...the smileys on the right are only part of the emotions that went with the games!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Did you sneak into our house?
Because we did the exact same thing!
Only we didn't think to add smileys.
Nice touch and too cute!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
You know what my biggest problem with us so far this season, is that the year 2011 is over, the BEST FRIGGIN' YEAR FOR A FOOTBALL TEAM EVER. Wins a super bowl and only has 1 loss, and its disappointing I haven't seen a shirt in Green and Gold saying that. And now we need to make 2012 our year too. To extend teh era of greatness.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I so agree....hence the reason FF started this thread!!! A little reminder just how great a year it was!!!
And what a grand finale of a season its going to be!!!
:)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what my biggest problem with us so far this season, is that the year 2011 is over, the BEST FRIGGIN' YEAR FOR A FOOTBALL TEAM EVER. Wins a super bowl and only has 1 loss, and its disappointing I haven't seen a shirt in Green and Gold saying that. And now we need to make 2012 our year too. To extend teh era of greatness.
I'm kinda bummed that the reg. season is already over.
I don't really care for 18 games.
Heck, even with 20 it still might feel too short.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Good post, weeds. Never mind why you had concerns about last year’s defense, I have two important questions for you:

1. What's wrong with skating on last year's ice? I mean, you didn’t call it thin ice and if you’re skating on it, it has to be last year.
2. Wouldn’t crapping dimes be twice as effective and somewhat easier?
:D

#1 has me mentally wrist-wrestling with myself in a Back to the Future kind of way. Nothing good is going to come of this.

#2 -- Dimes have the ridges on the edge and just don't clean up as nicely. I did dimes last time and just feel the need to change 'er up a little. :)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
weeds, that post is troubling, twice... Nicely done. :D

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Packers are so bad "swoosh" the rest of this comment was intercepted. Score followed shortly after.
Curses that comment I was going to make about our D was invalidated.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've enjoyed this year quite a bit. However, last year was sweeter for me. It'll be hard to top last year.

That said, I'm pumped for Sunday and can't wait to get to Green Bay on Friday.

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
15-1 is a great record obviously and it's one the pack and fans should be proud of. Post season is a whole new ballgame.. Not saying they won't win that too... But they have to play the games and the giants, saints and pats will all give them good games. (yes, I realize I dont have my giants winning, but it should be a good game)

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
You know if anything should make us happy is we swept the Bears 4 times in the year 2011. That should be something to say how awesome the Packers are

Members online

Latest posts