$12,000,000 Backup

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be over...

the second he re-retired or reinstates himself to the active roster and they trade him.

His move.

(god this situation sucks...)

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be over...

the second he re-retired or reinstates himself to the active roster and they trade him.

His move.

Hey Trom, at least Sunday game chats will be REALLY interesting this year, lol.

Everytime Rodgers throws an INT, about twenty people are going to enter the chat. I KNEW IT! Favre! Favre! Fire TT!

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
dd80forever said:
Packnic said:
nathaniel said:
[ The Packers will be fine. Things like this weed out the fairweather fans anyway. Like I said in another thread, it's ok to be a Favre fan first, Packers fan second. Just don't blame the GM.

dont sweat it. The Cleansing is coming.

Cleansing = the 80's

Is this guy STILL around???

only until the trade or re-retirement.

I think he was talking about the poster, not the quarterback. Seriously. I love Dodd now.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
It will be over...

His move.

Everytime Rodgers throws an INT, about twenty people are going to enter the chat. I KNEW IT! Favre! Favre! Fire TT!

Problem solved if they win.

NFL_GEEK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally hope Favre accepts this BS offer just to **** off Ted and use up their money...It would create a huge media frenzy in Green Bay and lead to many unhappy and screaming fans. Hilarious. Come Back Favre!!! I can hear it now....

"WE WANT FAVRE, WE WANT FAVRE, WE WANT FAVRE".......

why not? 12.8mil sitting watching the #1 starter screw up

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted will welcome Brett Favre back as a 12 mill. dollar backup to Rodgers.....Wow, wtf is he thinking? Way to screw over the Packers Teddy...

First off this whole thread title and this post is BS. Get your facts straight.

Ted never said he would welcome Brett back as a back up. He just didn't guarentee
him his starting position. You are as bad as the media.

Here is what was said.

"Asked if there was a chance Favre could be on his roster this year, Thompson said, "Sure."

As a starter?

"I don't know how to answer that," he said. "We have moved forward. So we'll see where it goes."

Asked if he was concerned that Rodgers would wash his hands of the Packers after his contract is up were he stripped of his starting job at the start of training camp, Thompson said, "We'll deal with that when it comes up."

Then he said, "Aaron Rodgers is our starting quarterback.""

Rodgers is our starting QB. Not Rodgers will ramain our starting QB.
At the moment Rodgers is the only viable option because Brett isn't on the active list yet.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL_GEEK said:
I personally hope Favre accepts this BS offer just to **** off Ted and use up their money...It would create a huge media frenzy in Green Bay and lead to many unhappy and screaming fans. Hilarious. Come Back Favre!!! I can hear it now....

"WE WANT FAVRE, WE WANT FAVRE, WE WANT FAVRE".......

why not? 12.8mil sitting watching the #1 starter screw up

And you 2 need to get your heads out of your butts. Stop with the TT insults and thr Rodgers bashing. Both sides(Packers and Brett) are to blame. Both sides are acting like children. I know...I've been there.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
It will be over...

His move.

You mean, kind of like when early is his career, when he threw an INT, we heard "Majik! Majik!" :wink: :lol:
You are right though......they will come out of the woodwork. (Except if Rodgers throws a touchdown.....then we won't hear a peep)

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RedSoxExcel said:
tromadz said:
It will be over...

His move.

You mean, kind of like when early is his career, when he threw an INT, we heard "Majik! Majik!" :wink: :lol:
You are right though......they will come out of the woodwork. (Except if Rodgers throws a touchdown.....then we won't hear a peep)

He better throw alot of tochdowns....everyone here has him marked as the "Second comming of Christ"

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how this "screws over the Packers". Before Favre announced his retirement, TT and MM asked Favre to come back. They told him they wanted him for another season, and said he was their man. Well, Favre retired, therefore they had to move on. So by that logic, Favre is the one who screwed up, not TT. Everything was set in place for Favre, he could have stayed and been our QB, but he decided he didn't want to play anymore, so the Packers have been preparing the team for Rodgers. Not much else they can do. It's the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Favres. He's not the one who makes all the decisions.

We have NO clue if TT or MM has asked Brett to come back do we? I think if and when Brett makes a statement these question will be filled in for me. I do not believe Favre will lie thats NOT the kind of person that he is. And if he says TT and MM asked him to come back and all of what TT and MM are saying is true I will believe it then. Right now its all speculation, do you actually think TT will make a statement saying he didnt want Brett back? Or didnt try to get him back? NO, all of Green Bay would go crazy.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think it's speculation - just because favre hasn't said anything doesn't make what TT or MM have said untrue. i dunno...at this point i guess i really don't care either.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think it's speculation - just because favre hasn't said anything doesn't make what TT or MM have said untrue. i dunno...at this point i guess i really don't care either.

Im not saying that, maybe it is true, but until I hear from Favre I will not assume what one side says is the truth I want to hear both sides and I do care. :)

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The least that I could do after Favre has given me 15 or so best years of football, is wait to listen to what he has to say.

Maybe if Fav-re had been truthful up to this point I would give him the benefit of the doubt. But less that two weeks ago he was saying that all this comeback talk was just a bunch of rumors. And how many times did he say he was done and would not be coming back? For that matter, how many times did he say he would never want to play for another team.

Sorry, but his stock has severely dropped in my book the past couple of weeks...

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when i said i don't care - i meant i don't care about arguing the point anymore. i absolutely respect each & everyone's opinions & thoughts on the situation - i'm just not gonna argue about it. :D

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup! I think the packers will trade him, just to avoid all the controversy. If they trade him, at least they can keep him from going to the Vikings or the Bears. I don't care if he ends up on the Jets or some other benign team.
Way to much ego Thinks. COMPETITION IS THE ONLY WAY TO SOLVE THE ISSUE.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
RedSoxExcel said:
tromadz said:
It will be over...

His move.

He better throw alot of tochdowns....everyone here has him marked as the "Second comming of Christ"
I don't think thats at all true.
Saying we think Rodgers will do ok and be a pretty good QB is not saying he's the "second coming of christ".
Lets face it.........all the negative things said about Rodgers now were the same things people were spouting off when Favre took over for Majkowski. Look how that turned out.
Of course the only way to find out just how good, or bad for that matter, Rodgers is is to let him play. Either now, or in the next 2 years or so it was gonna happen either way. Favre can't play forever. Who even knows if Favre would play up to last season's level? You take it for granted he would, but theres no guarentee he would. Face it, he's getting old football wise. I think that showed when he had to play in really cold games. He was pretty bad in those.
Remember how many people were screaming for Favre to quit after the 4-12 season? Believe me......i remember. Football fans are with you one week, screaming for your head the next.

What i wonder is: Why hasn't Favre spoke up himself? If what TT and MM are saying isn't true, why wouldn't he say so? I don't think they are lying about what happened.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The least that I could do after Favre has given me 15 or so best years of football, is wait to listen to what he has to say.

I wonder how long we will have to wait to hear what he has to say.
It seems to me he would want to be right out there wanting to set this all straight, yet he remains silent.
Come on Brett man up!

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm confused. What is everyone saying?

You don't want him as a $12,000,000 back up but you think TT is making the right move. I don't get it. In this move, TT appears to be getting a $12,000,000 back up. Maybe I'm missing something.
What most people are saying is they doubt a prideful, 39-year old Brett Favre is going to send the letter to Goodell, report to GB on day 1 and play hard in camp starting out as the team's backup QB. Especially someone who's having a hard time being motivated (from his own words).

If he did all three and proved himself better than Rodgers, I don't think many would fault the team for starting Favre. However, Favre has too much pride to do that.

Here's what Thompson's move assures us - Favre will do what he can to get traded released by the end of July. If that doesn't happen, he will retire "again".

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you don't pick your starters by their salary. If the Packers payed me 12 million dollars I still shouldn't be starting, hell not even on the team..

Let Favre compete for the job.

Members online

Latest posts