11-5

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Oh come on. Should Bates really have that much pressure on him in his first year? He has pretty much the same exact players Slowik had last minus Sharper and Hunt and then on top of it a couple 1st or 2nd year guys learning a pro system. All I've seen is improvement. What do you guys want? Give me a break. :roll:
Some of you guys are impossible.

Who do you guys honestly think can come in and turn this team around? I'd like to hear some names just for conversation sake.

No he shouldn't but the point of my post was that the Packers are not going to be any better with Bates than with Sherman and that Bates is not perfect either.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
DePack said:
Bates? The Packers defense has not created a turnover yet this season. Yesterday they had no sacks against the Browns. They are penalized more often than Pack66 calls for Sherman's head.

I think he will turn this thing around but I hardly think he has earned head coach consideration yet.

LOL...but he's more intense than Sherman is, so he MUST be better, right?
No.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm worried, but I'm not like some who claim we'll be the worst team in the league. I'm still going to give Jim Bates a lot of "benefit of the doubt" and call it growing pains of the third new defense in three years.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
recte44 said:
I'm worried, but I'm not like some who claim we'll be the worst team in the league. I'm still going to give Jim Bates a lot of "benefit of the doubt" and call it growing pains of the third new defense in three years.
They are not the worst team in the league but if Favre retires they will be right there with the 49ers next season.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
recte44 said:
They are not the worst team in the league but if Favre retires they will be right there with the 49ers next season.

1 way to fatten up with some of those can't miss 1st rounders.. :roll:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rmayer32 said:
Philtration said:
recte44 said:

1 way to fatten up with some of those can't miss 1st rounders.. :roll:
Like the Bears have? Being bad and then drafting bad leads to years of crappy football teams. Cincinnati has been in the top 10 of the draft for the last 20 years and where has it got them? High draft picks do not mean instant payoff, especially when you will need help in so many areas. I see dark days ahead for the Green Bay Packers. Sorry.