106.4 Boyz ...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put that number in your hate pipes and smoke it, *****es!!!

106.4 rating, 321 yards, 2 TD's and ZERO picks - ON THE ROAD, IN DECEMBER and IN THE COLD.

You guys feelin' me now??? Did you see that Brett Favre almost single-handedly overcame horrible coaching decisions by his lonesome?

Childress tried his best to play Chilly Ball HIS way - the entire first half trying to run the ball even though he knows he can't and turning a blind eye to the one player that can overcome poor coaching.

You guys saw the Vikings in the first half trying to do something they really can't do any longer - run the football with authority. Brett was his usual accommodating self and did what he was told. I would imagine had Childress failed to adjust in the second half, this game would have turned out like Arizona and Carolina.

It drives me absolutely crazy that you've got guys making 5 million per year to see the things a layman like me sees, yet they do not. It's completely mind-boggling.

The Vikes are now toast because now they'll probably have to play Philly or Dallas and miss the chance to play Green Bay early. Good news for Packers fans, bad news for Vikings fans.

Seriously, I can't really name another QB that could have endured that first half beating but continued to hang tough and battle to the end. It was a super-human effort from Brett Favre yet again, but his teammates and coaching staff let him down. How in the hell Chester Taylor is not in on passing plays will continue to baffle me. You simply cannot afford a fumble when you're well on your way to winning in overtime.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forgot the most important stat...one more check in the loss column...
How many times did Farve take the Pack to the SB in 16 yrs of playing?
Twice
And how many SBs did he win?
One

Yup when all is said and done, all that matters is winning reg. season games and then the Big Bowl.

The only way the numbers and stats mean anything at all is if one has wins to back it up.
And right now Peyton and Drew and A-Rod have those where Brent doesn't.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
You forgot the most important stat...one more check in the loss column...

True, so very true ... - As #4 said himself on the press conference ...

- Then again ... not too long ago you and several others were all about "stats" other than the win versus loses ...

Context, my friend ... Context ...

Good thing in some ways that the Vikings lost, because if the Vikings had managed to squeeze out the win in OT ... Most "haters" and the media wouldn't really have any critique to put out there (in regards to Favre), as he actually played a pretty good game ... despite the fumble ...

He even said it himself that this loss would go in the category; "He can't play in December ...", soon to be extended to January and possibly still into February ...

I wonder how some of you can see the same game as everyone else, and still use the same arguements ? ... Either you guys probably don't know much about football let alone "coaching" ... or you are simply blinded by "hatred" and a erratic desire just to blame everything possible when the team he plays on loses, on #4 ... Nevermind that Pat Williams didn't play, nevermind that Henderson being absent with a broken leg ... It wasn't the offense that lost that game, but the (earlier much vaunted) defense (without some key players actually ...), as well as the special team that gave up some pretty good kick off returns to Chicago ...

As Hauschild posted, the Chicago game pretty much showed everyone regardless of whether they like Favre or not, what he can bring to the game and those who play around him, irrespective of which team he is actually playing on ... - a chance to win the game against the odds, even though it didn't look that way after the first half ... Aside from Favre, probably only Manning is still playing, who posseses that ability ...

How many times did Farve take the Pack to the SB in 16 yrs of playing?
Twice
And how many SBs did he win?
One

Yup when all is said and done, all that matters is winning reg. season games and then the Big Bowl.

The only way the numbers and stats mean anything at all is if one has wins to back it up.
And right now Peyton and Drew and A-Rod have those where Brent doesn't.

Talk about being "blinded" ... - Had you left Drew Brees and Rodgers out of that sentence, you would have made sense ... However, how can you actually say what you are saying with a straight face ? ... It's ridiculous what you saying right there, when you include Rodgers and Brees into that ...

Brees has won nothing yet ... - Nor has Rodgers ... - Please check you "stats" again ... Then tell me what Rodgers and Brees have won so far ? Other than having good (personal) stats ?

Some times, some of you guys are really impressive ... - Perhaps you should proof read your posts more thoroughly before you hit the "save" button ... Because I don't think I've read a more self-contradicting post ever on these forums so far ...

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, we all know Favre is goood, thus why he is going to HoF, so why deem it necessary to bring up the fact he had a good passer rating? if he is so good, this should be no surprise, right?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Yes, we all know Favre is goood, thus why he is going to HoF, so why deem it necessary to bring up the fact he had a good passer rating? if he is so good, this should be no surprise, right?

Perhaps because alot of critique is based on his "poor" stats in December - using those lower stats as an "indicator" as to how he "always" plays poorly in December and January ? Totally disregarding the context of those games where those stats are obtained ...

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems as though I remember that when we would bring up how well Aaron Rodgers would play in a loss all we heard from you is how he didn't win. What makes things different with Favre? Aside from you being completely clueless of course.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
It seems as though I remember that when we would bring up how well Aaron Rodgers would play in a loss all we heard from you is how he didn't win. What makes things different with Favre? Aside from you being completely clueless of course.

Ah ... - Please show me where I've posted that Aaron Rodgers was *directly* responsible for any loss ? ... What I have in fact written time and again, was that he had part (some times less some times more part) in the loss ... - Mostly due to not being able to survey the field fast enough, nor get the ball out quickly when the pocket was collapsing ...

*That* is what I have been saying ... - Would serve you well to perhaps *read* the posts you are referring to before making yourself look like a fool ?

And if you cared to actually read what I wrote, you would clearly or should be able to actually comprehend I was replying to an already posted comment about "wins versus loses" ... - Some how that seemed to have eluded you ... But then again ... you as well seem to be "blinded" by rage and hatred that old #4 is actually still playing well despite it being late in the season and December ... ?, something that is evidently "tearing you up" atm ...

Would seem *You* are the "clueless" one here my friend ...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Haha, Haus. Now you know what it's like to have a QB that can't be relied on to win games. I do remember a time, not too far back, when Vikings fans ridiculed us for having a QB that put up stat lines like that one there week after week, but wasn't winning the games.

I, in no way, put the blame of that game on Favre and I don't know whether you were part of that group of Rodgers nay-sayers. I'm just saying, it's ironic how most of the issues the Packers faced earlier in the season are hitting the Vikes right now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fact

I said he played a good game and other than the fumble,cant blame him for it

Fact

I said that more often than not his rating dips below his average in the cold verify that here http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/1025/splits;_ylt=AmNh4BYDX1CZ2Sj9nkyOdcv.uLYF?year=career 48 games under 40 degrees about a 75 rating...His career rating is 86

Fact

I never said because his rating dips below his standard did I say they would lose

Fact

I heard this excuse lot of times last year for Rodgers, I think it applies right here

He had time before over time to get the team down to score and he didnt so he failed ( I personally think that is a bs statement but hye, if it can be pinned on Rodgers can be pinned on Brett)

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps because alot of critique is based on his "poor" stats in December - using those lower stats as an "indicator" as to how he "always" plays poorly in December and January ? Totally disregarding the context of those games where those stats are obtained ...

And Bingo was his name, oh!

Arguing with idiots is certainly a challenge, Glenn Beck.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was post really about 106.4 ways to lose a game

Yet, if the vikings won and Favre's rating was 75, you'd talk ramblingly about how Favre sucks in December.

Some of you people prove my point that you are simply filled with hate, it consumes you and affects your ability to argue rationally.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yet, if the vikings won and Favre's rating was 75, you'd talk ramblingly about how Favre sucks in December.

Some of you people prove my point that you are simply filled with hate, it consumes you and affects your ability to argue rationally.

And you just now notice this?

I know how frustrating it is cuz its the polar opposite on Bretts forum

You know when Rodgers threw that Td to Jennings to beat the Bears in the 1st game of the year?

Guess what they said? Jennings did ALL THE work on that pass, anyone could throw that ball

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you just now notice this?

I know how frustrating it is cuz its the polar opposite on Bretts forum

You know when Rodgers threw that Td to Jennings to beat the Bears in the 1st game of the year?

Guess what they said? Jennings did ALL THE work on that pass, anyone could throw that ball

I don't understand where you're coming from because you appear to be clouded and jaded in your loyalty to Aaron Rodgers.

I don't care about Aaron Rodgers in when I talk about Favre, so neither should you when you make posts about Favre. It becomes childish in sense because you continually bring up how somebody wronged Aaron, blah blah blah.

Look - talk about Favre and how you've made your living and dug your grave claiming he is incapable of playing well after midnight on November 30th of any given year. You've been proven wrong yet again, so do you accept it and move on or do you somehow ****-n-moan about how Aaron Rodgers isn't being given enough credit - which has nothing to do with Brett Favre supposedly sucking hind *** after midnight on November 30th of any given year.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey you started a stupid post about the rating on Favre yesterday that doesn’t mean much unless you WIN with that rating. If you want to look at anything of why the game was lost yesterday look at the play calls. Receivers were running stupid routes nothing in the flat to stop the rush the bears kept running.

Favre knows how to beat the rush he has been in the league long enough to know what hot routes to call slants to run so forth and so on but failed to do so. Unless you really know how to play the game of football and the mechanics that are involved I would stop making post about ratings cause they don't mean anything.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ratings cause they don't mean anything. [/FONT][/COLOR]

OK - remember that the next time you spew forth gibberish about Favre sucking after midnight on November 30th of any given year - which is exactly why I started this thread to prove you people have absolutely no clue what NFL football is all about.

My goodness - what assembly line do you people fly off of???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand where you're coming from because you appear to be clouded and jaded in your loyalty to Aaron Rodgers.

I don't care about Aaron Rodgers in when I talk about Favre, so neither should you when you make posts about Favre. It becomes childish in sense because you continually bring up how somebody wronged Aaron, blah blah blah.

Look - talk about Favre and how you've made your living and dug your grave claiming he is incapable of playing well after midnight on November 30th of any given year. You've been proven wrong yet again, so do you accept it and move on or do you somehow ****-n-moan about how Aaron Rodgers isn't being given enough credit - which has nothing to do with Brett Favre supposedly sucking hind *** after midnight on November 30th of any given year.

LOL

your pissed at the hatred for Brett on here and I am making a comparison on the other side of the coin..To show it it happens and its just stupid to base things on hatred..Why can't I show you that???

I know because your trying to rub it in my face how Brett had a over 100 rating in the cold and I am taking away from you trying to rub it..I understand now..

And I never said Brett SUCKS in Dec, show me please?

I said it ( 3 times now)

His rating dips below his standard in the cold games, never said will make the team lose.

Its a broken record..

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/18814-i-called-8.html#post261518

READ it once again please

Does he ALWAYS play horrible in Dec and Jan??? Not at all, in fact the Seattle playoff game showed he can play in the colder months..

But for last few years on AVERAGE he has trouble once the temps go down..

Notice I said on AVERAGE.......but his tendency is to play below HIS standard more often then not..

Again let me make this clear..

If it is warm, or indoors I love his chances, but if its outside and colder than normal, ON AVERAGE he tends to play below HIS STANDARD
HIS standard..Take away the cold games stats....8203 atts 270 ints thats REALLY good....every 30 passes an int.. his normal standard..

48 games in the cold 925 atts

47 ints..19th pass is an int... thats really not that good....right?

Make more sense now?

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here check this out

Brett Favre, Like Most Old Men, Doesn't Enjoy ColdWeather - SB Nation

Brett Favre, Like Most Old Men, Doesn't Enjoy Cold Weatherby Ryan Hudson • Dec 28, 2009 10:00 PM EST
Brett Favre is tough. He hasn't missed a start since 1992. He's gritty. A gunslinger. Is happiest when he's just running around outside, tossing the pigskin. I mean, the guy plays pick-up football games in his jeans. Favre is all man ... just, not when it's cold out.
For his career, Favre has won almost 70% of his games in December, when the weather turns chilly. But starting last season, you know, after he turned 39, Favre is just 2-5 in the regular season's final month. And a good part of that losing record can be credited to Favre, because apparently December is when he decides to just fling the ball all over the place.
2009: 1-2, 62.7 completion percentage (season total: 67.8%); 3 TD, 4 INT
2008: 1-3, 56.8 completion percentage (season total: 65.7%); 2 TD, 8 INT
And in the first half Monday night against the Bears, Favre is 5-for-9, for just 36 yards. Current windchill in Chicago: 16 degrees.

Its not just us saying its every analyst in the NFL almost

Cartunist23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I count myself among the Favre haters on this forum. But I do think it's a little silly to point to a lower than average qb rating in cold weather to mean anything more than that the passing game just doesn't work that well in those conditions. That's true of any quarterback. When it's cold and crappy out, it's just harder to play the position.

That being said.... BURN IN HELL FAVRE!!!

Members online

Latest posts